What's new

General/Other KILLER FROST - General Discussion Thread

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I'm having the hardest time ending a combo in f112 - MB grab from the LEFT side. From the right side I have no problems. I had to turn the game off because I was so frustrated lol
Don't worry, bro, I know how it is. It gets easier with time. I'm more accurate from the left side though. Hah.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
f1,1,3 is pretty safe, though I prefer F1,1,2. I'm certainly no expert on her, but I find those two strings to be the best ones she has.
f1,1,2 is mad punishable on block, according to the frame data. :S

I try to cancel nearly everything into Slide, then backdash, parry or MB f.3

Cancelling strings into f.3 is pretty dope as well.

Vierakun

<(T ,...T<
Well, I generally end all my strings with Slide in case they don't react and block low, then I can combo from there. And f1,1,2 is punishable on block? O__o I haven't really had that problem so far. Thanks for pointing this out lol. I need to stop using that so much then.

Also, MB f3? Do you mean B3? How do you MB f3?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
OK every opponent I've played at Civil war a GL. I beat two and lost to blackula's and I have to fight Sahib's tomorrow.

I literally learned the MU as I played the tourney, but I still need more experience. I don't think I can zone, I definitely can't jump, I can duck his projectile, and I and parry his low into overhead. Am I missing anything else?
You can parry GL low into popup too. Just don't jump in this matchup outside of going over a missile and you will be good.

Law Hero

How do you guys manage to fight against Hawkgirl?

She just flies out of range and does that Mace Charge or her projectile. I can't seem to do anything against it.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I was wondering what you guys have been doing against Black Adam, he seems to tbe the only character right now that gives me the most problems.

I was wondering what you guys have been doing against Black Adam, he seems to tbe the only character right now that gives me the most problems.
Yea thats a tough matchup, i would like to add how are u guys coming along in the harley quinn matchup? her zoning gives me probems as well, shes always in the air and has good mixups, annoying matchup.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Yea thats a tough matchup, i would like to add how are u guys coming along in the harley quinn matchup? her zoning gives me probems as well, shes always in the air and has good mixups, annoying matchup.
I've only played one Harley that knows what they're doing, but I beat that person. I think you really need to be in her face, and airdash her MB cupcakes (if this isn't possible then im not sure).

I've only played one Harley that knows what they're doing, but I beat that person. I think you really need to be in her face, and airdash her MB cupcakes (if this isn't possible then im not sure).
You should play sonic foxs harley its pretty good, find him on psn if u have one or do u play 360

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
You should play sonic foxs harley its pretty good, find him on psn if u have one or do u play 360
I'm on 360 =/ I might get the game for ps3 sometime though just to get MU exp against a bunch of the good players on there.

Vierakun

<(T ,...T<
Actually, KF's inability to really do anything to jump crazy opponents (or fly happy hawkgirl) is the only reason I decided to work on two characters (and learn a little of others). Against bad matchups, I will be using Raven. I really wish NR had given KF a decent anti-air.

Law Hero

Actually, KF's inability to really do anything to jump crazy opponents (or fly happy hawkgirl) is the only reason I decided to work on two characters (and learn a little of others). Against bad matchups, I will be using Raven.
You know, I thought that was only me, which is why I never said anything, but I DO have trouble with opponents who jump a lot.

It really bothers me, and I lose a ton of life because of it.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Law Hero 785613 said:
You know, I thought that was only me, which is why I never said anything, but I DO have trouble with opponents who jump a lot.

It really bothers me, and I lose a ton of life because of it.
I love fighting jumpers. D2 all day :)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think Frost has a better way to deal with jump back than a lot of other characters. If you think they'll jump back do nothing, wait for it then slide. You'll either punish the whiff or they're forced to block. So once you've established that check you can start dashing up and doing f+3 or whatever.

Vierakun

<(T ,...T<
I think Frost has a better way to deal with jump back than a lot of other characters. If you think they'll jump back do nothing, wait for it then slide. You'll either punish the whiff or they're forced to block. So once you've established that check you can start dashing up and doing f+3 or whatever.
But what if they are jumping forward, trying to establish some pressure? Any recommendations? Because I can't slide at that point...it's either the slide is too early and whiffs, or it's delayed enough to hit, but I'm hit from an air attack that beats me to it. Or do you just use D2 to punish that?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
But what if they are jumping forward, trying to establish some pressure? Any recommendations? Because I can't slide at that point...it's either the slide is too early and whiffs, or it's delayed enough to hit, but I'm hit from an air attack that beats me to it. Or do you just use D2 to punish that?

Against jump forward since anti-air is so hard in this game it depends on the MU and situation.

If they have a relatively weak, easy to AA jump attack I'll just use d+2. It's not a top 5 d+2 for AA in the game but it can get the job done. If that fails then you have to start using multiple options. MB f+3 is good since you'll absorb the hit with armor. That's kind of an all purpose fool-proof AA. Other than that you sometimes have to play the preemptive air-to-air metagame. Meaning jump before they jump. If you suspect they want to jump you jump and do her jump 2 or 3. If they're trying to do late jump ins to get frames when their jump attacks are blocked your preemptive jump will beat it. They'll catch on and start doing early jumps to beat your jumps. That's when you can start using d+2 on their jumps. You can also blow up whiffed jump attacks when they land. There's several frames of recovery if they do a jump attack when they land. Enough to where if they're jumping and you're at max range you can walk back, let it whiff, then punish with d+1~slide.

Vierakun

<(T ,...T<
I'll try those out, thank you. I have difficulty out-jumping opponents currently because I'm still not used to the input lag online so far.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
AA is tough in this game for sure. Much trickier than MK because it's so MU dependent.

One of Killer Frost's few weaknesses IMO is that her jump attacks are slow(her fastest is her 9 frame jump 3). It's a problem when you're trying to do preemptive air to air and you're dealing with characters with like 7 frame jump attacks.