What's new

General/Other KILLER FROST - General Discussion Thread

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I was wondering what you guys have been doing against Black Adam, he seems to tbe the only character right now that gives me the most problems.

I just started playing this MU tonight(GGA Han has decided to main Black Adam).

Punishing dive kicks depends on the height like it did on MK. I didn't have much luck because of the push back and low negative frames. I did manage to punish a few with 2,2~slide but it wasn't consistent. Mostly I went for a slide check after blocking one. If I was pretty sure one was coming I'd do MB b+3 and it'd blow it up.

You can punish the cloud on block with iceberg. likewise he can punish iceberg with cloud.

The lighting bolt was tracking slide so I'd air dash in if I thought he'd do it.

I was able to stuff his d+2 with jump 2 a lot because of his whack animation where he sticks his palm out. If you jump at an angle past that and aim for his head you can get him.

The only special of his that combos off a d+1 is d+1~Force lightning for only 20% if he MB. So when I got in I didn't care and mashed d+1~slide a lot. Also his d+1 is mid so after blocking a slide parry blows up his d+1 check.

The biggest thing in this MU is that he can actually punish the standing reset 50/50. If he guesses the f+3 he can jump back and do MB Dive Kick into combo. I haven't mastered the exact timing on doing slide so you can't jump back either so I was getting blown up by this. I had to stand going for the 50/50 and was doing a instant jump 2 to air to air him. It sucked to have consequences for doing the 50/50 lol.

I think that's all my mental notes...

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I just started playing this MU tonight(GGA Han has decided to main Black Adam).

Punishing dive kicks depends on the height like it did on MK. I didn't have much luck because of the push back and low negative frames. I did manage to punish a few with 2,2~slide but it wasn't consistent. Mostly I went for a slide check after blocking one. If I was pretty sure one was coming I'd do MB b+3 and it'd blow it up.

You can punish the cloud on block with iceberg. likewise he can punish iceberg with cloud.

The lighting bolt was tracking slide so I'd air dash in if I thought he'd do it.

I was able to stuff his d+2 with jump 2 a lot because of his whack animation where he sticks his palm out. If you jump at an angle past that and aim for his head you can get him.

The only special of his that combos off a d+1 is d+1~Force lightning for only 20% if he MB. So when I got in I didn't care and mashed d+1~slide a lot. Also his d+1 is mid so after blocking a slide parry blows up his d+1 check.

The biggest thing in this MU is that he can actually punish the standing reset 50/50. If he guesses the f+3 he can jump back and do MB Dive Kick into combo. I haven't mastered the exact timing on doing slide so you can't jump back either so I was getting blown up by this. I had to stand going for the 50/50 and was doing a instant jump 2 to air to air him. It sucked to have consequences for doing the 50/50 lol.

I think that's all my mental notes...
Awesome thanks for the reply. I'm going ot find someone that uses BA and play them

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
I've Found that online You'll be lucky if you can get enough time to charge her trait completely.....also heard she's difficult to master

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
This is embarrassing but I simply am not consistent with 22 xx Ice Grab. 50% overall, 80% when I'm in the groove and 20% when in a dry spell. Usually I don't get her Ice Spike accidentally, so that's not the problem. The way I do it is pressing 22 and I'm inputting the DBF ASAP so I'm done the motion before the second 2 is out. Maybe I'm just not precise enough, but the kicker is if I do a raw DBF I get it always and if I do a non-juggle 22 I usually get it. Could just be in my head ...

I'm on a TE stick, and I use default controls (don't see the point in adding inputs but I'm sure willing to change as I come from SF and anime fighters). If anyone has any tricks to make this 100%, please enlighten me.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I do it slowly. I input d, b, f delibertly and carefully as I'm inputting 2,2.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
She's like Mileena mixed with Subzero, she even has subzero's ice sword
i think im gonna main her

Neclord

Noob
Frost is like a punk with some ice abilities.

Killer Frost is THE Ice Queen! Bow to her!

I'm messing around a lot with KF in practice mode atm. What do you guys think, when is the best time to charge her trait? After a knockdown from afar?

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Frost is like a punk with some ice abilities.

Killer Frost is THE Ice Queen! Bow to her!

I'm messing around a lot with KF in practice mode atm. What do you guys think, when is the best time to charge her trait? After a knockdown from afar?
Well if you are going to go with the ice thaw reset you have a few seconds to charge it there.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Anyone using b1 -> slide/MB f3 mixups? Man its so dirty lol. Safe mixups and both lead into huge damage plus reset. I started doing it this weekend at civil war. Sadly, it was After I got eliminated lol

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Anyone using b1 -> slide/MB f3 mixups? Man its so dirty lol. Safe mixups and both lead into huge damage plus reset. I started doing it this weekend at civil war. Sadly, it was After I got eliminated lol
b1 has GIGANTIC range too, it's so good

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
b+1, mb f3 cancel
d+1, mb f3 cancel
22, mb f3 cancel
f+1,1,3, mb f3 cancel
jump in, mb f+3 cancel

all these will be good game enders lol

Two bad it costs two bars instead of one.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Anyone know what gives her the most frame advantage? I feel like Ice Daggers may not be the best combo ender after MB Ice Grab, all the damage is done by that point so going into the best normal xx T or whatever just has the most frame advantage may be better than the +9 or whatever we get. Anyone have any ideas?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Anyone know what gives her the most frame advantage? I feel like Ice Daggers may not be the best combo ender after MB Ice Grab, all the damage is done by that point so going into the best normal xx T or whatever just has the most frame advantage may be better than the +9 or whatever we get. Anyone have any ideas?

Daggers frame data is misleading. Because it's one of those multiple hit special moves the frame data is off. It is actually more advantage than +9.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Daggers frame data is misleading. Because it's one of those multiple hit special moves the frame data is off. It is actually more advantage than +9.
I understand that, but I feel like oki where she gets a more solid high/low game would be better even if a little bit of damage is sacrificed. Right now her low game >>> her high game, but her high is better for mix-ups and + on block. IDK, I'll hit up training mode and see if I can find a better mix-up ender.

Edit: er, wait, her high isn't + on block as I thought.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

Just keep in mind u would have to end a string that leaves the opponent standing to get the same bang for your buck. There might be strings that have more advantage but lead to a knockdown the opponent can tech or wakeup from

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
So after a sweep you can use mb grab and combo , are there any other ways to set it up ? and its escapable or not ?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
So after a sweep you can use mb grab and combo , are there any other ways to set it up ? and its escapable or not ?
That's the only hard knockdown she has that I know of. They can do a wakeup to avoid the grab after a sweep, but the window is really small.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
I experimented a little. Of her normals and chains, only 2 and d+3 leave her in a "better" situation than f+113 xx Ice Daggers. 2 seems to give an un-reversable, un-dodgeable high/low, as it's +22 on hit, but I can't test it without a second player AFAIK (didn't see a record option in the vein of recording the dummy and playing against the recording). D+3 gives a decent knockdown but I don't see any super ambiguous vortex at a glance worth giving up the standard setup's damage for. Ending a combo of naked slide > U2 > 22 xx MB Ice Grab > J2 with 2 does 29% damage, about a 10% loss, too much to sacrifice even if (that's a big if) 2 is an unstoppable 50-50. Sweep should do closer to 31%. Oh well, it was worth looking into.

On an unrelated note, this should be the frame data for every cancelable normal canceled into trait on block:

3: +20
b+1: 0
b+2: -2
f+1: -1
f+2: +10
111: +15
f+11: +5
f+112: -13
22: +3

If I didn't list it, the move had less recovery than T has and would lose advantage if T is used. I'd list hit data but it doesn't seem like combos work in this game if you have + frames to link it; seems to need to be a juggle or chain or cancel to combo in this game.