What's new

General/Other KILLER FROST - General Discussion Thread

Jeremy

Noob
I either do d2 or standing 22. Those two seem to work best and I don't have a problem with them. What are you having trouble with? Timing?
Never tried Standing 22 bout to start doing that but as far as Down 2 I'm sure its the timing tho a lot of opponent just hold up it seems so I'll get plenty of practice

Komatose

The Prettiest
Never tried Standing 22 bout to start doing that but as far as Down 2 I'm sure its the timing tho a lot of opponent just hold up it seems so I'll get plenty of practice
Lmao, yeah if you use it enough you'll get used to it.

Jeremy

Noob
So I have another possible noob question... Is it safe to attack after a blocked jump in attack in this game? I feel like I get rocked whenever I try to.

Thanks in advance

Komatose

The Prettiest
I should just add you to PSN and bug you lol. What jump in attack do you suggest? Is it safe to do things like overhead after a blocked jump in?
I don't know what the startup is on her overhead so idk. I crossup with M all the time.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
So I've been playing Killer frost the same way as I play kitana. Counterpoke setups, footsies, whiff punishing, etc. Working wonders for me :)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm home now and beginning to look into that trait cancel pressure in block strings. 1 is a high, so I don't see how it's free after 3~4. They can d+1 out, although that's dangerous. What am I missing?

Seapeople

This one's for you
I'm home now and beginning to look into that trait cancel pressure in block strings. 1 is a high, so I don't see how it's free after 3~4. They can d+1 out, although that's dangerous. What am I missing?
Yeah they should be able to duck the 1, or else I think it'd be a block infinite. I don't think 3~4 will be great since it's so slow, but I really like 111~4. Both of them give you the vortex for free on block (but the f3 can be armored).

I think mb f3 could come in handy sometimes, either for the vortex or after a blocked slide. F1 looks like it's got a lot of potential too since you could go f1~4, f11, f113, or f113~slide. B1 could be really great from sweep distance and as a whiff punisher. You could mix up b1~slide with b1~4 which is neutral, and on hit b1~4 is at least +9. And I'm pretty sure d1~slide can't be interrupted which is pretty crazy :D I'm really liking her pressure, there's so much to it lol.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yes d+1~slide cannot be interrupted. It's great. One of only a handful of safe, launching d+1~specials in the game.

I don't think continuous pressure will be as important in this than it was in MK. Few characters in MK had 50/50 mixups that lead to high damage like this. She is particularly strong in that regard. IMO it makes more sense to just go for the 50/50 rather than try for pressure in most cases. If the opponent is conditioned to sit there and block(which is what slide naturally does) I'd just cut to the chase.

Also in this game you can block and also be inputting attacks during pressure. So for example while blocking f+1,1,3~slide the opponent can mash out d+1. If you do that whole block string nothing comes out and they block the entire thing. If you stop early and go into something else the d+1 comes out.

MB f+3 is very good. I use it in footsies. If you're thinking they're so worried about slide they're going to sit and duck and want to dash up and do f+3 but you're not sure mb f+3 is a good way to cover yourself. It's acting as both the overhead and will blow them up for mashing.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
BTW the frame data for slide is wrong. It's actually faster than 21 frames. The 21 may refer to it reaching the end of its animation or something but it can clearly hit before 21 frames. Dizzy and I tried to figure it out by punishing all kinds of moves to narrow it down and it appears to be 15.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
MB F3 is one of the best ways to apply pressure once they're conditioned to block low imo.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
guys i have the guide and in KF section it says that tempest (f+1,1,2) can be canceled after the 3rd hit into another chain combo artic frost (f+1,1,3). Does it mean trait cancel into the next string?

xKhaoTik

MB F3 is so dirty lol. I use it against jump ins, crossups, oki pressure, after a blocked slide..etc.

Man this bitch is crazy lmao

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yes d+1~slide cannot be interrupted.
Grundy for one can punish/interrupt it with his bf3 move that has armor. You can also super before the slide hits.

As for the 1 after 3~4, yes that can be ducked, but a f113 cannot be avoided even midscreen if it is done correctly. In order to get a 111~4 after a jump 3, after the jump kick is blocked it has to keep Frost close to them otherwise you have to walk forward a bit and they can hit you or get out. I don't know why it pushes out more sometimes and sometimes not... it seems like Sub-Zero's corner pressure into clone thing.

INFO: You can combo after a normal DB2 Ice Spike.

J2~F113~DB2, 1~Slide, U3, 22~DB2 - 42% meterless
J2~F113~DB2, 1~Slide, U3, 2~EX Grab, NJ2~F113~Daggers into vortex
J2~F113~DB2, 11~MB Grab, end how you like

You have to time it as they fall or you will whiff and practicing it can become irritating lol

56% 2-bar no trait:
J2~F113~Slide, U3, U3, U3, 2~EX DB2, B3, MB Grab, NJ2~F113~Daggers into vortex

25% 3/4 to Fullscreen off aaDaggers:
aaDaggers, EX DB2, DB2*

*DB2 is clashable! So if you hit with EX DB2 and don't want them to clash, throw Daggers to finish the combo instead.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Oh man, being able to super inbetween d+1~slide doesn't work on mine. I gotta update.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
There was only ONE time I didn't pick Nightwing since I got my hands on this game and that was when I picked Killer Frost.

Ice is nice but she won't be my main squeeze.

xKhaoTik

There was only ONE time I didn't pick Nightwing since I got my hands on this game and that was when I picked Killer Frost.

Ice is nice but she won't be my main squeeze.
Then get the fuck out fool!
anyone having issues connecting u3 online? after a slide the u3 will not connect at all. damn online
It depends on the connection. I had trouble too but then I stopped playing people with 2 bars lol. 3-4 is fine and u3 is easier to land