What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Kenshi General Discussion Thread

Gamer68

Fujin!
I like all of his variations, but Kenjutsu and Possessed variations look the most unique in my opinion. His Balanced variation is basically his moves from MK9, but... more "Balanced"... Anyway, like I said, I like them all! Kenshi is looking like he's going to be fun to play!

Immortal

Blind justice....
How about you guys just go to Kung Jin or Cassie or whatever thread and stay out of Kenshi one.

Edit: SaltShaker beat me with this. :>

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
That's what I was thinking, and if that's the case it would be awesome.

I'm only skeptical because it sounds like he said the same thing during the last special shown. The one that replaces flurry with the 3 summoned fiend strikes. And that definitely doesn't look like a low lol. Maybe that one was a blooper on his part.
That was the biggest problem I saw with the possessed variation. It appears as though he has no answer to low block or quick low projectiles.

His teleport's usefulness will be dictated by his armor on various moves. If he is lacking in the armor department then teleporting against Goro (armored command grabs) or Liu Kang (5 frame normal lol) will get him blown up....

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Kenshi is the man, but holy shit is he going to be problems for Liu Kang. I don't even need to play the game to be able to see how awful that match-up will be.
You're kidding right?? Half the stream they talked about how "highly punishable" certain moves were on block and wiff. LK has a 5 punishing string and you think Kenshi's got him beat? We're also gunna see how his zoning trades. I know we're both speculating but it seems like LK would fair well against Kenshi.

Immortal

Blind justice....
You're kidding right?? Half the stream they talked about how "highly punishable" certain moves were on block and wiff. LK has a 5 punishing string and you think Kenshi's got him beat? We're also gunna see how his zoning trades. I know we're both speculating but it seems like LK would fair well against Kenshi.
From what we seen so far, nope. Kenshi zoning in balanced looks way stronger then Liu Kang. Not to mention Kenshi got reflect move which almost shut downs any LK zoning. It looks exactly the same as with MK9, Liu Kang gets rekt from anywhere beside up close. And im not even sure if thats the case anymore since Kenshi upclose game looks really good in Kenjutsu variation and he still retain most of hes zoning tools in it.

Thou this is just a speculation atm but it seems pretty likely.

@Steamgear

Just use the image icon on toolbar (6th from the right) and insert image link there.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I dont play Kenshi but just stopping by to say this character looks incredibly badass in this game. also did anybody else notice the souls of Kenshi's ancestors in the sword?! NRS is fucking killing it with the attention to detail in this game its krazy!

edit: just realized that @Steamgear already posted the links

Last edited:

REYTHEGREAT

I dont know about the rest of you guys, but i think Balance will be the variation to go with. I really like Possessed but all i heard from the guy is that a lot of his specials in Possessed are unsafe and the range is shorter.

From what we seen so far, nope. Kenshi zoning in balanced looks way stronger then Liu Kang. Not to mention Kenshi got reflect move which almost shut downs any LK zoning. It looks exactly the same as with MK9, Liu Kang gets rekt from anywhere beside up close. And im not even sure if thats the case anymore since Kenshi upclose game looks really good in Kenjutsu variation and he still retain most of hes zoning tools in it.

Thou this is just a speculation atm but it seems pretty likely.

@Steamgear

Just use the image icon on toolbar (6th from the right) and insert image link there.
I'm still a little confused. Let's say I have an image on my desktop. What is the image url?

Nope, you didn't pay attention. It's safe from distance/ midscreen only punishable from up close on block. So its almost the same as in MK9. Also he said that SC got farily large hitbox which makes me think that its gonna be even harder to jump over it.

Overall Kenshi looks even better then in MK9. :> Teleport and even Ermac push lol. It's gonna be glorious!
no dash cancels in this game so ppl wont be able to do the stupind <-<- bf2 on jumps, and its safe on mid yes, but not up close mileena punished it with full combo, in MK9 it was not punishable up close. HE will be top tier tho, not brainded 1 move king like in mk9 but still top.

Immortal

Blind justice....
no dash cancels in this game so ppl wont be able to do the stupind <-<- bf2 on jumps, and its safe on mid yes, but not up close mileena punished it with full combo, in MK9 it was not punishable up close. HE will be top tier tho, not brainded 1 move king like in mk9 but still top.
Oh god, you shouldn't really talk about Kenshi MK9 when you clearly have no clue or don't base your judgment on shitty online play which means nothing.

SC in MK9 is -10 on block. So it's full combo punishable when blocked up close by almost anybody. Also people still will do backdash (recovery on it is very low) into SC on jumps in. They just need to react to jump in faster but it will still work.

And any sane Kenshi player will usually just armor throu it (same goes for cross-ups) with EX RK which gives them a combo. And this also still gonna work in MK X. Not to mention that now he has an actual special uperrcut AA in Kenjutsu variation.

Don't mistaken shitty / pocket Kenshi players with people who actually main this character and put a lot of work into him.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
That was the biggest problem I saw with the possessed variation. It appears as though he has no answer to low block or quick low projectiles.

His teleport's usefulness will be dictated by his armor on various moves. If he is lacking in the armor department then teleporting against Goro (armored command grabs) or Liu Kang (5 frame normal lol) will get him blown up....
After watching Kenshi over about 7x last night (lol) I think I'll be picking him up again.

Possessed he does have that overhead swipe at close/semi-medium range that's specific to that variation. What I liked about that variation was that the overhead slash was a low, so it forces them to stop their traction to block low. If you can condition the opponent enough then his teleport will pop over them for full combos or at worst block string pressure. I've got a few ideas to try out with it but it won't be me go to.

"Balanced"? Should change that name to something else... "Balanced" was getting his armored specials punished on block. No thanks.

I've come to see that Kenjutsu is the real deal. Zoning TK moves recover fast at a distance, he keeps his reflect, he has OH/Low mixups that both lead to full combos, good reach, a standing reset he can counter into, and no headband. This variation felt like the only thing really unsafe would be getting blown up tossing a TK special at close range, I can live with that. If he has some armor on either EX Sword Rising or the EX Overhead then it's a wrap.

The first month, at least until after Paradise Found, I'm going all in on Kenjutsu Kenshi, Shinnok Necromancy, and a 3rd undetermined variation.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Kenshi looks like the best zoner in the game right now. I am a little sad he has no ia projectile...but the salt will be readily enjoyed by yours truly

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
After watching Kenshi over about 7x last night (lol) I think I'll be picking him up again.

Possessed he does have that overhead swipe at close/semi-medium range that's specific to that variation. What I liked about that variation was that the overhead slash was a low, so it forces them to stop their traction to block low. If you can condition the opponent enough then his teleport will pop over them for full combos or at worst block string pressure. I've got a few ideas to try out with it but it won't be me go to.

"Balanced"? Should change that name to something else... "Balanced" was getting his armored specials punished on block. No thanks.

I've come to see that Kenjutsu is the real deal. Zoning TK moves recover fast at a distance, he keeps his reflect, he has OH/Low mixups that both lead to full combos, good reach, a standing reset he can counter into, and no headband. This variation felt like the only thing really unsafe would be getting blown up tossing a TK special at close range, I can live with that. If he has some armor on either EX Sword Rising or the EX Overhead then it's a wrap.

The first month, at least until after Paradise Found, I'm going all in on Kenjutsu Kenshi, Shinnok Necromancy, and a 3rd undetermined variation.
Ya I feel like the strongest variation is his Kenjutsu. This is one character I am going to pay VERY close attention too because he seems incredibly tournement viable and I am sure it is going to be one MU you NEED to know. Thank God for online training mode.

On a side note you should go to Evo. 2 friends and I already have a room booked and there is plenty of space for another. It would cut your costs considerably

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I just see all of his keep away stuff being too much for Liu if the opponent is decent at making reads. But of course, this is pre release. And I am going to try to convince myself that you could probably be right for the sake of optimism. I look forward to seeing all of the Kenshis on the battle field, Mr. Kang will see you soon.

Last edited:

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
Ok Kenshi is INCREDIBLE! def my favorite male in MKX and I just updated the thread :)