What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Kenshi General Discussion Thread

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Balanced variation is the only one im interested atm, others looked pretty meh...
And damn sure I'll be using his "young" skin. This bearded old man doesn't look too good.

RexxyC

what's done is done
Balanced variation is the only one im interested atm, others looked pretty meh...
And damn sure I'll be using his "young" skin. This bearded old man doesn't look too good.
Don't forget about Ronin Kenshi. Also Bearded Kenshi looks great man. One perfect example of aging a popular character.

Immortal

Blind justice....
BF2 punishable on block THNX NRS for making the most retarded special from mk9 punishable..
Nope, you didn't pay attention. It's safe from distance/ midscreen only punishable from up close on block. So its almost the same as in MK9. Also he said that SC got farily large hitbox which makes me think that its gonna be even harder to jump over it.

Overall Kenshi looks even better then in MK9. :> Teleport and even Ermac push lol. It's gonna be glorious!

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Kenshi looks great , better than mk9 :D I like both balanced and possessed variations :) He was my main in mk9 before freddy, in this game there will be no freddy so hes my main unless some better zoning character is revealed :)

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Gonna be honest, shooting out stupid ghosts from fullscreen is extremely lame and boring to watch(nothing to do with zoning BTW, I love watching good zoning as long as it doesn't look shitty and the moves being used aren't dull), i'm so happy they gave him a variation where he goes all in like a true blind swordsman as well bringing back his Ermac-esque moves from the past.

Last edited:

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Gonna be honest, shooting out stupid ghosts from fullscreen is extremely lame, i'm so happy they gave him a variation where he goes all in like a true blind swordsman as well bringing back his Ermac-esque moves from the past.
I cant really say thats lame. As a concept its pretty cool and it looks pretty cool so I really donno. Gonna call haterade on this one.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Call it "Pterodactyl likes swordsmen who fight with their swords and not with ghosts".

That said it doesn't look nearly as shitty in MKX as it was in MK9, just watching Ray(Rey?) fight Derek with him on stream you can see it's a lot less stiff and ugly to watch. Very fluid now and the combos with them look flashy and not goofy.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Kenshi looks insane .... probably will be one of the best characters in the game .... his visual looking designing is epic , a urban samurai badass as hell :D

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I found it hard to notice whether Ray was blocking low / ducking on Mileena's roll or not. Was he? Everything looked so fast.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Kenshi looks insane .... probably will be one of the best characters in the game .... his visual looking designing is epic , a urban samurai badass as hell :D
Yeah Mileena and Kenshi are both my main picks. However I much more prefer the young Kenshi look from the story, aka Keanu Reeves look. I hope it's available because I hate that beard of his lol

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Nope, you didn't pay attention. It's safe from distance/ midscreen only punishable from up close on block. So its almost the same as in MK9. Also he said that SC got farily large hitbox which makes me think that its gonna be even harder to jump over it.

Overall Kenshi looks even better then in MK9. :> Teleport and even Ermac push lol. It's gonna be glorious!
Yeah I noticed this too. The real difference that it does seem to have significantly more start-up frames, more along the lines of Sektor's old flamethrower. That was the main problem in MK9 IMO.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
I found it hard to notice whether Ray was blocking low / ducking on Mileena's roll or not. Was he? Everything looked so fast.
He absolutely was. You will notice a few times in the match, holding block and spam ducking/standing. That's to counter the roll/projectile or high teleport accordingly.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
He absolutely was. You will notice a few times in the match, holding block and spam ducking/standing. That's to counter the roll/projectile or high teleport accordingly.
Well that completely made my day. Not only that Kenshi looks kickass, Mileena's roll now finally hits Low. Fuck yeah.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Yeah I noticed this too. The real difference that it does seem to have significantly more start-up frames, more along the lines of Sektor's old flamethrower. That was the main problem in MK9 IMO.
That may be true, thou hard to say without knowing the frame data. Thou i supose it will also differ on every variation. Anyway by the look of this short few fights hes SC looks good, MK9 good and with added teleport (on which you can use normal attack of your choice)... man it's gonna be crazy good and glorious!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
That may be true, thou hard to say without knowing the frame data. Thou i supose it will also differ on every variation. Anyway by the look of this short few fights hes SC looks good, MK9 good and with added teleport (on which you can use normal attack of your choice)... man it's gonna be crazy good and glorious!
Yeah don't get me wrong, this will probably only effect the fraud Kenshis lol. I'm just hype that he finally has a traditional swordsman/rushdown variation.