What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Kenshi General Discussion Thread

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Balanced one looks like one which has most tools for everything. Whether zoning or up-close. Totally my nr1 variation for him.
@Immortal liking Possesed more?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
This dude was my sub in MK9 so I'll definitely end up playing him regardless but I'll also throw in as thinking his variations in this are a little uninspired at a glance. Though he's one of the few characters so far that makes me think "would probably want to use all of those"

Immortal

Blind justice....
Balanced one looks like one which has most tools for everything. Whether zoning or up-close. Totally my nr1 variation for him.
@Immortal liking Possesed more?
Actually i love all three. Balanced for me is just MK9 Kenshi. Possessed have teleport which adds a ton of crazy mind games. And last but not least third variation got Ermac push and "hold in air" for an easy combo and some sword strings for nice pressure. Yup loving them all.

trufenix

bye felicia
I agree. It's obvious they toned him down a little. He looks a little slower and is more punishable.

With that being said, he still looks like a beast. Like a BEAST.
The basic gameplay systems alone are a huge nerf to him, also more than 10% of the cast has useable armor and mobility so I'm actually glad his tools got tuned up.

trufenix

bye felicia
I kinda wish they'd given him one where he could remote his sword, but I guess that would overlap with Lao. Looking like one of the sharper chars for sure though

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
His intro dialogue with Mileena is easily the best collection of intro dialogue so far. So hype!

Hes Kenjitsu variation looks really interesting giving him ermac-like Space Control. I wonder how much combo potential hes possesd variation has, I really don't like 5-6 hits combos like in street fighter.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I kinda wish they'd given him one where he could remote his sword, but I guess that would overlap with Lao. Looking like one of the sharper chars for sure though
I was actually expecting him to have a variation where he used his sword as a TK weapon. Though they did pretty good with his character so it all works out in the end.

trufenix

bye felicia
I was actually expecting him to have a variation where he used his sword as a TK weapon. Though they did pretty good with his character so it all works out in the end.
Yeah, nobody's going to use it but possessed is definitely my favorite. I hope it has a pretty baller explanation in the story.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Yea i kinda liked that possesed variation. Need to rewatch the footage a few times to make sure. Def giving kenshi top 5 status for me right now.

trufenix

bye felicia
You don't think anyone will use the only variation with a teleport?
It just didn't seem like that great a teleport to me. Maybe he's got like scorpions j. 3 or anti airs won't be worth a damn but mk doesn't have cross ups so falling out off the sky pressure isn't really that rewarding.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
It just didn't seem like that great a teleport to me. Maybe he's got like scorpions j. 3 or anti airs won't be worth a damn but mk doesn't have cross ups so falling out off the sky pressure isn't really that rewarding.
I think the teleport will be great, can use any of your jump attacks or fall to keep it a guessing game. We'll see though.

Also, combo potential

trufenix

bye felicia
I think the teleport will be great, can use any of your jump attacks or fall to keep it a guessing game. We'll see though.

Also, combo potential
I hope you're right. I'm never going to pick kenshi unless random select makes me so it would be nice to see the variation I like in tourneys, I just don't think the maybe oh Tele maybe full screen low block is enoigh to keep people from using the other two first.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Totally using his Kenjutsu variation, it's totally more 3D era Kenshi. His balanced variation is more MK 9 but not quite as OP I noticed and his Possessed is blah to me. I will not be using that variation at all.

MKF30

On second though the possessed has the teleport which IMO will be that style's best tool or one of it's best, but ehh still like his third the most lol.

Is it not a kick in the face that his MK9 variant is called 'Balanced'?

Fucking NRS trolls.
lol I kind of found that funny as well as a subliminal message to the Kenshi haters saying "fuck you, he's balanced now lol" When I saw how slow his moves come out I was like holy crap man, they totally nerfed him haha.

Immortal

Blind justice....
On second though the possessed has the teleport which IMO will be that style's best tool or one of it's best, but ehh still like his third the most lol.

lol I kind of found that funny as well as a subliminal message to the Kenshi haters saying "fuck you, he's balanced now lol" When I saw how slow his moves come out I was like holy crap man, they totally nerfed him haha.
I find it funny how several people think that hes moves now come out slow. A part from *possibly* a bit slower SC in "balanced" variation i would say RK and TKS come out at the same time as it does in MK9. Of course need to see the actual frame data to be sure but for now hes "balanced" variation seems as good as it was in MK9. Also worth mentioning most of hes normals and strings appears to be coming out way faster then in MK9.

In regards to pure aesthetics, am I the only one that can't stop noticing that Sento is a full foot shorter than it was in MK9?

MKF30

I find it funny how several people think that hes moves now come out slow. A part from *possibly* a bit slower SC in "balanced" variation i would say RK and TKS come out at the same time as it does in MK9. Of course need to see the actual frame data to be sure but for now hes "balanced" variation seems as good as it was in MK9. Also worth mentioning most of hes normals and strings appears to be coming out way faster then in MK9.
I'm not saying it's "bad" or anything, just seems obvious that the start up on the moves seem slower, at least to me. But like you said, guess we have to see the frames and compare. I seem to remember his SC and tk shoulder ram being able to be buffered faster in MK 9 than in MK X demo here but guess we'll have to wait to see for sure. The strings I agree are definitely faster and smoother.

I'm sure all 3 will be good or they look pretty solid at least. I am a big fan of MK DA Kenshi so that's why I like Kenjutsu for me at least. It's awesome having so many options for everyone and style of player.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I listened many times over, but is he saying the overhead special in Possessed "must be blocked low"? I mean it drops down from overhead, literally, so I find it weird that he is saying "it must be blocked low".

I listened many times over, but is he saying the overhead special in Possessed "must be blocked low"? I mean it drops down from overhead, literally, so I find it weird that he is saying "it must be blocked low".
I think it is actually punching the ground not the character to cause a small quake like a mini ground pound.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I think it is actually punching the ground not the character to cause a small quake like a mini ground pound.
That's what I was thinking, and if that's the case it would be awesome.

I'm only skeptical because it sounds like he said the same thing during the last special shown. The one that replaces flurry with the 3 summoned fiend strikes. And that definitely doesn't look like a low lol. Maybe that one was a blooper on his part.