What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Kenshi General Discussion Thread

Quancheese

Shinnok Aggressor
Not digging that little demon that comes out. Reminds me of zods little man that came out and sucked on your neck. Hated that bit. Ken shi don't need no silly sickle demon to fight his battles! Ain't nobody got time for that

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
How is there no rampant pointless speculation in this thread? You'd think given how this dude was in MK9 people would be all like "WHAT'D THEY DO!?" Well, I'm bored as fuck and hoping they'll show him off soon. So personally I'd like to see something vaguely like:

Variation A - Hybridizes sword and spirit stuff (i.e. uses TK to bolster sword range), focuses on mid-screen footsies stuff, whiff punishment and all that, maybe not particularly safe or might lack a mixup game. Think this would probably be the style where armor comes into play.
Variation B - pure zoning style, all that tele-flurry/slash/rising karma/spirit charge hilarity. But no armor/reversal, minimal close range effectiveness and lame combos without a corner.
Variation C - mix-up/pressure/frame-trap, etc style based almost entirely on the katana/Bushido with very limited spirit/TK stuff. Maybe have like a little meter that builds as you do damage/land block strings that lets you throw out some huge ass Dhalsim-Ultra style spirit ball that covers your shit in the corner or can cover your advance, since you'd be vulnerable to zoning here.

I don't have a problem just coming out and saying what I want for this guy since I figured Raiden with lightning traps was farfetched and then BOOM, it totally wasn't. You heard it here first.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
How is there no rampant pointless speculation in this thread? You'd think given how this dude was in MK9 people would be all like "WHAT'D THEY DO!?" Well, I'm bored as fuck and hoping they'll show him off soon. So personally I'd like to see something vaguely like:

Variation A - Hybridizes sword and spirit stuff (i.e. uses TK to bolster sword range), focuses on mid-screen footsies stuff, whiff punishment and all that, maybe not particularly safe or might lack a mixup game. Think this would probably be the style where armor comes into play.
Variation B - pure zoning style, all that tele-flurry/slash/rising karma/spirit charge hilarity. But no armor/reversal, minimal close range effectiveness and lame combos without a corner.
Variation C - mix-up/pressure/frame-trap, etc style based almost entirely on the katana/Bushido with very limited spirit/TK stuff. Maybe have like a little meter that builds as you do damage/land block strings that lets you throw out some huge ass Dhalsim-Ultra style spirit ball that covers your shit in the corner or can cover your advance, since you'd be vulnerable to zoning here.

I don't have a problem just coming out and saying what I want for this guy since I figured Raiden with lightning traps was farfetched and then BOOM, it totally wasn't. You heard it here first.
What about the Samurai spirit thing we saw of his Possessed variation?

REYTHEGREAT

My question is, i probably missed it, but does Possessed have the same range as his Balance variation?

RexxyC

what's done is done
I'm having a hard time choosing between Shinnok and Kenshi. Kenshi looks so fucking good.

im not sure I can resist. this motherfucker looks just awesome, can't wait to try. I thought it would be Shinnok, but now I know that it is impossible to choose a character before everyone is shown. release the damn game and let me try Kenshi

also, I didn't really play MK9, but did they remove his normal string where he used the sword with fucked up range? either that or this guy who played him just didn't use it for some reason.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Character looks fantastic was interested to see how his playstyle was going to be with the variations and it did not disappoint.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
My question is, i probably missed it, but does Possessed have the same range as his Balance variation?
It had less range. They talked about his tradeoff being shorter range + less combo potential for harder hits (+ a damn front teleport)