What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Kenshi General Discussion Thread

Audit

Falls down too much
Is Kenshi the first character shown that has one special move you have to block overhead (Tele Slash) in one variation and low in another variation (Demon Slam)? I feel like that's extremely potent.

edit: Corrected the name of the move

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Is Kenshi the first character shown that has one special move you have to block overhead (Tele Slash) in one variation and low in another variation? (Demonic pound I think?). I feel like that's extremely potent.
I think he might be. I love it. It's going to fuck with people so much early on. The most overhead looking move there could be hitting low is absolutely perfect.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Ya I feel like the strongest variation is his Kenjutsu. This is one character I am going to pay VERY close attention too because he seems incredibly tournement viable and I am sure it is going to be one MU you NEED to know. Thank God for online training mode.

On a side note you should go to Evo. 2 friends and I already have a room booked and there is plenty of space for another. It would cut your costs considerably
If it wasn't for Kenjutsu, I'd probably be thinking he was toned down too hard. It's true, you already know one way or another Kenshi is gonna be a common enough character in tournaments. Especially in the beginning. You'll know the MU for sure after all our games lol.

I was strongly thinking of going. It would almost be criminal to enter 3/4 tournaments and then miss EVO lol. The only thing I'd have to think of is how to make my girl believe I'm going to Vegas for a video game and not to scoop up chicks. That's the hardest part. :eek:

How long are you staying out there? I might have to take you up on this for real.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
You guys talk about EVO, trips and shit... While I live in a country where nobody cares about MK and any kind of local tournaments. :-(

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Personally I thought Balanced Kenshi's specials looked really goddamn slow save for Soul Charge. Might work out differently in game but my focus is mostly on Possessed and Kenjutsu right now.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
That string that has a built in grab is so fucking sick, puts the opponent behind you automatically. Gonna be good for getting people in the corner.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Johnny Cage: "Kenshi is it true?"
Kenshi: "Is what true"?
Johnny Cage: "Are your nuts truly numb?"

Ferra/Torr: "No eyes?"
Kenshi: "I just dont see with them."
Ferra/Torr: "You no need them. We take them."

Sonya: "I can see why you scare people."
Kenshi: "Sento is intimidating."
(guy skipped the last one)

Cassie Cage: "I cant believe you'd hit a girl."
Kenshi: "We merely ____ (prey?)"
Cassie Cage: "And I thought your son was gullible."

Kitana: "Your sword contains ghosts?"
Kenshi: "My warrior ancestors."
Kitana: "I probably killed some of them."

Goro: "Swordsman."
Kenshi: "An honour Prince Goro."
Goro: "You face death like a warrior."

Shinnok: "Your sword is a talisman."
Kenshi: "Powerful enough to slay an Elder God."
Shinnok: (something along the lines of this, it was kind of mumbled) "Not sure it can do that..."

Kenshi: "Shall we begin?"
Kano: "This ain't your game."
Kenshi: "It'll be just as fun."

Takeda joins him and they pursue his mother's killer. Their travels take them to a cave where they free a man encased in stalagmite- Taven. Kenshi tells Taven that his brother, Daegon, is the founder of the Red Dragon assassin clan and that he was the one who murdered Suchin, Kenshi's wife and Takeda's mother. Together, Kenshi, Takeda and Taven lay waste to the Red Dragon base. Daegon had been killed and Suchin had been avenged.

Will update as I get them.

Last edited:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
The basic gameplay systems alone are a huge nerf to him, also more than 10% of the cast has useable armor and mobility so I'm actually glad his tools got tuned up.
I'd disagree, I think that dedicated dashes will help kenshi rather than work against him.
Same with run, but we'll see.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Out of all three of my mains, I cant decide just using 1 variation so I plan to use all 3 with all 3. Kenshi is by far going to be the most crazy out of all for sure. Possessed looks to be my favorite but I always loved traditional "balanced" and now Kenjitsu lets me finally be rushdown. 8 more days left.. Its going to be a llloonnggg week.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Personally I thought Balanced Kenshi's specials looked really goddamn slow save for Soul Charge. Might work out differently in game but my focus is mostly on Possessed and Kenjutsu right now.
Teleflurry was always a bad move anyway, and the OH slashes were never fast.
Also, a slower shoulder charge was to be expected, but Kenshis shoulder couldve been around 13-15f in MK9 and it wouldnt make much difference, at least in my playstyle.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Teleflurry was always a bad move anyway, and the OH slashes were never fast.
Also, a slower shoulder charge was to be expected, but Kenshis shoulder couldve been around 13-15f in MK9 and it wouldnt make much difference, at least in my playstyle.
I know they were never fast but what I was saying is that they looked even slower. SC actually looks basically the same to me, maybe vaguely slower, can't really tell. But RK and OH slashes looked like they had start-up that made me yawn.

Hey that might be the one that I spend 90% of my time on in practice but in theory I give the least shit about that one.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Signing into TYM first time in months.

Let's go, Kenshi army. Subbing this forum.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
I dont play Kenshi but just stopping by to say this character looks incredibly badass in this game. also did anybody else notice the souls of Kenshi's ancestors in the sword?! NRS is fucking killing it with the attention to detail in this game its krazy!

edit: just realized that @Steamgear already posted the links

This is amazing.