What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I think he does very good against alien. Very good mu for both on all honesty. But I would give cyber the W over alien though.

In my opinion he's more meter dependant vs alien which you'll be using more of his OS mb std lasers and knives to get out of aliens oh string and more zoning then usual. His d4, D3, up ball & up laser aslo comes into play a bit more. That's what I find and I used to have hardly any trouble against him. In fact I had more issues with Sektor and Bo Rai Cho then alien.

villainous monk

No bo is completely invincible during his roll. Even though mid knives prevent him from ducking, against drunken's laying down stance and roll they are useless. Aside from free meter build that is.
Yeah surprisingly I find Bo to be a bit of a tough mu. Especially if your playing from behind.

His strings and mixups are a problem for him and he gets in too quick with his cartwheel thingy when it's armored because he gets an extra cartwheel if I remember correctly and a splat or hard knockdown.

Yeah. I underestimated that mu as well.

Gofer_MK_

Banned
Hahah, Dudes, I did not know you can receive hatemail after beating someone with Cyber Kano. Dude played Bojutsu and I kept him out the whole game with knifes, air balls and comboed him once or twice up close. When I explained him that Cyber plays a keepaway game and controles the space he told me that combos are a gameplan... dude expected me to stay up close to him with Cyber. hahah,xD

ando1184

Noob
Yeah surprisingly I find Bo to be a bit of a tough mu. Especially if your playing from behind.

His strings and mixups are a problem for him and he gets in too quick with his cartwheel thingy when it's armored because he gets an extra cartwheel if I remember correctly and a splat or hard knockdown.

Yeah. I underestimated that mu as well.
I play a really solid bo online but a lot of his mixups I think are much easier to block offline. Same goes for his torpedo move but I do agree that BRC is maybe one of kano's harder matchups. I think this mainly bc once you're in the corner it becomes a horrendous struggle unless you stay calm while blocking the endless mixups. Once he knocks Kano down he ex stomps and nullifies any wakeup attempt Kano could get to get out of the pressure. It's a nasty tactic and brc's stomp actually tends to scale less than the rest of the cast which is bs, since it's an otg. Bart variation is much more easier to deal with but drunken can really take advantage of Kano IMO.

villainous monk

I play a really solid bo online but a lot of his mixups I think are much easier to block offline. Same goes for his torpedo move but I do agree that BRC is maybe one of kano's harder matchups. I think this mainly bc once you're in the corner it becomes a horrendous struggle unless you stay calm while blocking the endless mixups. Once he knocks Kano down he ex stomps and nullifies any wakeup attempt Kano could get to get out of the pressure. It's a nasty tactic and brc's stomp actually tends to scale less than the rest of the cast which is bs, since it's an otg. Bart variation is much more easier to deal with but drunken can really take advantage of Kano IMO.
Yes. Unfortunately this has been my experience as well.

Armoring out with up ball and straight ball is not too constant if it's a good Bo player who knows your options and can exploit it by doing stomp or blocking making you wiff and then your at a disadvantage. In the corner with Bo your in for a rough day but you can get out but again it's going to be a guessing game and you most definitely need meter.

In Bart his normals are a problem since it pokes into his range. No. Forces it's way into range and your caught of guard. What is it. His d1 or D3 that hits like Lu's D3. It's bloody annoying if I remember correctly. Yeah even in neutral against a good Bo player if his has gets in your looking at over 25% gone. If I remember correctly.

He quick. Not a terribly good mu for all 3 variations in would say.

I do remember @Apex Kano calling out first saying so so I labbed the shit out of it too see for myself which I would say he's right. CT would be a better choice over Bo but I would go cmd first because ive had more successful matches in my favor since both knows a parry means a lead change, screen P1 or P2 change. From then Bo is going to respect the zoning and parry but those mix ups and strings he has... Man.

It'll still be a tough day in the yard for kano.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Yeah, I went on the record saying Bo Ri Cho in his Bojutsu vareint has better mixup and reach once he gets going vs CT. But with Commando having armor on everything, this can tip the favor in your hands.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Hahah, Dudes, I did not know you can receive hatemail after beating someone with Cyber Kano. Dude played Bojutsu and I kept him out the whole game with knifes, air balls and comboed him once or twice up close. When I explained him that Cyber plays a keepaway game and controles the space he told me that combos are a gameplan... dude expected me to stay up close to him with Cyber. hahah,xD
He is a idiot that don't know the macthup. If he knew Cyber, then he knows ghe gameplan is to throw tons of knives and control your zone.

villainous monk

Yeah, I went on the record saying Bo Ri Cho in his Bojutsu vareint has better mixup and reach once he gets going vs CT. But with Commando having armor on everything, this can tip the favor in your hands.
I guess so. I never had the chance to really put that to the test if I could remember but I assume he can parry the stick on a low parry and high with armor. I aslo assume the same can be said has a armored reversal OS too.

Wish I could test it out though. Haven't played in over 3 weeks and it'll be a long time before I can ever play again.:(

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I guess so. I never had the chance to really put that to the test if I could remember but I assume he can parry the stick on a low parry and high with armor. I aslo assume the same can be said has a armored reversal OS too.

Wish I could test it out though. Haven't played in over 3 weeks and it'll be a long time before I can ever play again.:(
You can parry with a good read. Sorry you won't be online in a while, you have to stay sharp for this game .

villainous monk

You can parry with a good read. Sorry you won't be online in a while, you have to stay sharp for this game .
OK. That's good too know. Wish the same could be said for Takeda on his whips but meh. Let's not forget he's powerful enough.

I'll be ok. As long has my mind stays sharp and I keep up with mu's, data, vids & tech I'll be ok thanks. I've already planed for this and I plan on relearning fighting games in a completely new dimension that some have already have plenty of success in.

Thanks yo.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
OK. That's good too know. Wish the same could be said for Takeda on his whips but meh. Let's not forget he's powerful enough.

I'll be ok. As long has my mind stays sharp and I keep up with mu's, data, vids & tech I'll be ok thanks. I've already planed for this and I plan on relearning fighting games in a completely new dimension that some have already have plenty of success in.

Thanks yo.
Takeda 2 1 can be parried also. I do it all the time. They love the 2 1 low knives string. I'll send you a video.

Hi, I was trying Kano out last night, I chose his cybernetic variation because to me it seems the funnest but I'm not sure since I've never played him. I noticed a couple of things though, he doesn't have any mixups does he? I don't even think he has an overhead at all aside from the air cannon ball is this correct? If he doesn't then I'm assuming he has trouble opening an opponent up right? Also aside from using meter with the b31,2+4 he doesn't have a launcher right?

Hi, I was trying Kano out last night, I chose his cybernetic variation because to me it seems the funnest but I'm not sure since I've never played him. I noticed a couple of things though, he doesn't have any mixups does he? I don't even think he has an overhead at all aside from the air cannon ball is this correct? If he doesn't then I'm assuming he has trouble opening an opponent up right? Also aside from using meter with the b31,2+4 he doesn't have a launcher right?
Yep. But he is mega fun to play. :)

ando1184

Noob
This variation seems more of a vortex heavy variation with no real vortex. He's still Kano but lacks the stronger tools to open up your opponent. You need to rely on knife a lot in the neutral and just pick away at your opponent until you annoy them enough to make a mistake and then punish. Midscreen you're only netting around 32-36%. But you can actually make him a little more scary if you just do standing combos into restand Enders. For example 112, db1, 112 ex ball, jump 1, 112 knife. This nets you 34% keeps em standing and allows a pseudo 50/50. You can either insta airball, RC b31, RC throw, or RC into a poke/string for more pressure. But offensively I'd say that's the best way he's played. In the corner it's pretty much the same only you get BIG damage combos due to the up lazer buff. This really is a fun variation but it does take a lot more risks and brain power to work correctly.

@Youphemism, did you ever finish that guide? Or was that someone else?

Last edited:
This variation seems more of a vortex heavy variation with no real vortex. He's still Kano but lacks the stronger tools to open up your opponent. You need to rely on knife a lot in the neutral and just pick away at your opponent until you annoy them enough to make a mistake and then punish. Midscreen you're only netting around 32-36%. But you can actually make him a little more scary if you just do standing combos into restand Enders. For example 112, db1, 112 ex ball, jump 1, 112 knife. This nets you 34% keeps em standing and allows a pseudo 50/50. You can either insta airball, RC b31, RC throw, or RC into a poke/string for more pressure. But offensively I'd say that's the best way he's played. In the corner it's pretty much the same only you get BIG damage combos due to the up lazer buff. This really is a fun variation but it does take a lot more risks and brain power to work correctly.

@Youphemism, did you ever finish that guide? Or was that someone else?
Ah ok thanks man yea this variation seems real fun.

If you want to have fun with Kano then you're barking up the wrong tree, Commando is the fun variation. CT is the variation you go to when you're fed up of guessing wrong on 50/50s.
Oh so commando is funner? He's like a grappled kind of character right? And it appears that CT is indeed his strongest. Some people claim CT is like almost top tier but I'll definetely try commando thanks.