What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Well it would give him 50/50s in the form of hit/throw mix-ups. Now i understand he uses his regular throw for that but it can be teched, especially since they increased the throw-tech window by 4 frames. It also deals less damage than Power Bomb. Power Bomb allowing free side switch at the end of combos is also helpful. Commando would still be the better grappler since he can pick the side he stays on aswell as scare people into blocking with his parries. They could even make it so it's not enhance-able in the Cyber variation.
I said it doesn't make sense, not that it wouldn't be good.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
It has been brought up loads of times but at this stage in the game IMO the biggest help he could get is single hitting OH that cause's a knockdown. See Kittana, Kotal, Tremor etc. for what I'm talking about. Just my opinion and yes I'm aware we have instant air ball now.

I could also go for less scaling on EX eye laser (oh and EX ball too!) perhaps a damage boost to some of his specific strings. Even if you get armor reversaled by Cyber it doesn't hurt that bad, 20-28%...unless they are in the corner because that happens a lot...

Another thing I've noticed about Cyber and Commando for a long time is that he has no default string nor one without meter that causes any kind of juggle state for follow on. Just a thought but perhaps that's why his midscreen meterless suffers a bit. Or maybe it's just scaling.

I still really like Cyber and want to play it. But it feels handicapped. Can't hurt people that bad for good reads. No real way to scare anyone when you're plus except a throw that can be teched.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
It has been brought up loads of times but at this stage in the game IMO the biggest help he could get is single hitting OH that cause's a knockdown. See Kittana, Kotal, Tremor etc. for what I'm talking about. Just my opinion and yes I'm aware we have instant air ball now.
I think that would really round out the character. Just not so slow that it can be easily blocked on reaction. Somewhere around 15 frames to match his 14 frame low starter would be nice. Even if it was block-punishable, it would still add an extra layer to his current mix-ups.

ando1184

Noob
I've always though he needed his knives improved in some way and this variation would be set. Let his knives do more dmg by a few %, or control their arc, or heck let em be batman: mb after toss causes them to explode or mb knife toss allows knives to hover in front of him until you input them to fly out (kinda like tempest ex hat spin or BM's trait w/bats). I always some of these ideas might have been cool for this variation because he literally has the most straight forward projectile in this game right now. He throws the knife, it goes offscreen, rinse and repeat

ando1184

Noob
You know what would make me play Cyber Kano again? Having a safe DB1. Let me use it to pressure and bait mashers into a full punish.
Even though it's -11 it's still fairly hard to punish consistently at max range. I sometimes pressure with it. But yeh it being safe would be a nice touch. However, I think his projectile is the primary change needed for this variation.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I have started exploring Kano (cyber and cutthroat) and although I agree with cutthroat being much more powerful, I feel attracted to cyber...that 6f antiair, that b1...however it seems like he's lacking something.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Hes lacking damage mix ups and his projectile isnt even that great its almost just as easy to zone with cutthroat because the knives are harder to jump in cutthroat, cyber just really got left behind its still good for like 2 matchups but thats it

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Fisticuffs fistbump has 40 frames startup, unsafe when you cancel every string on block into it. Ex version does not exist.
Cutthroat bump is a lot faster, has ex version that even sets up armor breaks in the corner, and b121~dd3 is -7...
Nrs is coherent xD

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Cyber needs dmg buff on all his grenade strings and mid knives too. A damage increase to his restand strings are a must.

A meter less juggle is nice but I think it would be too much and others would cry op or something of the sort. Even though he needs a legit buff to his character specific strings and knifes and db1 too. A little more reach with it and the capability to break armor would be fantastic:D

His 6f laser is great in the corner to add a very quick 112 or 32 string to extend a little more meat to his non meter less combo's but that's it. This 6f laser was just given just that. 6f then nothing. It was just left alone. It's not enough. Who fears it and why constantly use it when upball does so much more. Come on man.

His mid game is based off good reads and punishment off wiffs. He controls the spaceing. The stage and the tempo of the fight. Cybernetic controls the clock. He baits. He chips damage with his lowly knifes and plays oki keep away game. His defense is his offense.

Cyber needs to use all the tools given to him to win other wise he plays from behind and he's really not the best at a good comback factor infront of a skilled player or a character who can blow his game up. Keep that in mind because Kano's other 2 variations are well suited for that. Well suited.

B1 used to be great for catching most jump ins & its still realiable off a good read but it's just not enough for him to constantly get high 20's% - mid 30's% damage all the time. His b132+4, b232+4 mb strings and knives are his pride and joy while using his non MB laser enders has part of his footsie and pressure tools. To me this makes cyber more appealing to me because they can be cancelled in to knives the s2 in to very poor 50/50 mixup on block pressure. Mixing in d4, D3, 1 into throw or 32, d4 knife and back into b132+4 or any of his restart strings. B1 now is meh. It's ok but... meh.

Cyber lacks good mixups and 50/50's. CT is a safer choice to use then cyber. This is what makes cyber less desireable to pick up and in alot of mu's hard to win with at times.

So if you want that sort of thing then your better off with CT and to a lesser extent cmd.

Cybernetic is not has rushed down has CT or cmd. You play patently and methodically with cyber. Choosing your battles and offenses while using knives and upball and up laser with b1 & d4 has his defenses and pressures.

Cybernetic does lack 50/50's Imo like I said. To me this is why I like him more then CT and I play cmd the exact same as cyber where has CT is styled has pure punishment of reads & wiffs and oki 50/50's.
Its a ok 50/50 that cutthroat has not nearly has good as the rest of the cast but you wouldnt want to be on the reciving end of it i assure you. Cutthroat is good. It's great.

Also cutthroat's scary rushing game is better then Cybernetic's. Cutthroat goes for the gusto quick n fast in a straight line to the corner and half your life possibly gone. Not to say I enjoy making people quit online with cutthroat but I have more fun with cybernetic and I think he gels with my old man style more so then in previous mk titles where shit like 50/50's and the numerous sorts some have remarked about seemed to have agreed it's has put a bit of a groan on the game.

Sorry for the long post but I thought I just put my 2 cents out there. Cyber is good. He's just not CT. Maybe one day with a better patch and reasonable balances (if such a thing is possible in mkxl lol) he'll be just as good has or better than day 1 cybernetic.

villainous monk

It would be op or dirty if it was like it was before pre mkxl and it wasn't the best either then too. I don't even remember the data anymore. The game changes so much now.

At -8 it does suck. Can't counter Kotal's njp's with b1 to save my life:(

ando1184

Noob
It would be op or dirty if it was like it was before pre mkxl and it wasn't the best either then too. I don't even remember the data anymore. The game changes so much now.

At -8 it does suck. Can't counter Kotal's njp's with b1 to save my life:(
It being -8 shouldn't have affected it's AA properties. That just doesn't make sense if it's not working.

villainous monk

It being -8 shouldn't have affected it's AA properties. That just doesn't make sense if it's not working.
Never said it wasn't working just perferd it to that way it was before. It's still ok as an AA against most of the cast. I just mentioned kotal specifically.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Never said it wasn't working just perferd it to that way it was before. It's still ok as an AA against most of the cast. I just mentioned kotal specifically.
But it makes no sense? The -frames doesn't have an effect on it's AA capabilities. B1 is fine. I wish it was a lot better, but it's ok. B13 is still an ok stagger. B13 2+4 is safe against most and b13 EX Knives is legit. B13 backdash and whiff punish is the bomb.

villainous monk

Again. I said against kotal in general. I'm not talking about the frames when his superior JP can littery beat out B1. B1 is ok.

You said it yourself that you wish it was better which I agree. -8 is very meh for a normal of that caliber but like I said. It would be grouped in with kotal, mileena & few others so that's why I said people would consider it op or dirty. Wichita it's far from being great in of its self like CT b1 is now.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Again. I said against kotal in general. I'm not talking about the frames when his superior JP can littery beat out B1. B1 is ok.

You said it yourself that you wish it was better which I agree. -8 is very meh for a normal of that caliber but like I said. It would be grouped in with kotal, mileena & few others so that's why I said people would consider it op or dirty. Wichita it's far from being great in of its self like CT b1 is now.
Kotal is notoriously hard to AA, this has always been the case. Try up ball

villainous monk

Kotal is notoriously hard to AA, this has always been the case. Try up ball
Yeah it's always the go too but with my style and his constant approach to get on top of you I tend to use a bar and mb up laser depending on how close I can carry him into the corner if he's close enough. It's the run cancel into 112 ball that can wiff once I input the run cancel after mb up laser.

Just wish no mb laser allowed enough recovery so I wouldn't waste the bar since I constantly need it for pressures and breakers once kotal, takada, sonya & Kenshi get going with there jump in bullshit. Up ball only does so much when they recover so quick on wakeup and kano has to back dash or press buttons to keep a lead or pressure.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Yeah it's always the go too but with my style and his constant approach to get on top of you I tend to use a bar and mb up laser depending on how close I can carry him into the corner if he's close enough. It's the run cancel into 112 ball that can wiff once I input the run cancel after mb up laser.

Just wish no mb laser allowed enough recovery so I wouldn't waste the bar since I constantly need it for pressures and breakers once kotal, takada, sonya & Kenshi get going with there jump in bullshit. Up ball only does so much when they recover so quick on wakeup and kano has to back dash or press buttons to keep a lead or pressure.
Regular up laser f4 ball is pretty consistent

villainous monk

Regular up laser f4 ball is pretty consistent
Hmm. Gonna try that... Yeah. Makes since too me. Who have you used F4 ball on after laser. I find laser affects some of the cast qtr screen distance away on some characters differently then others. Especially the females because I find they fall quicker then regular male bodies like scorp & sub along with the likes of them.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Cybernetic is fine and I would now argue he is a 8/10 character

Adding a cmd grab was the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Antiairing kotal is fucking impossible but I say use up laser, even tho it's hitbox is quite inconsistent

50/50s are not needed to be a good character plz

ando1184

Noob
Cybernetic is fine and I would now argue he is a 8/10 character

Adding a cmd grab was the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Antiairing kotal is fucking impossible but I say use up laser, even tho it's hitbox is quite inconsistent

50/50s are not needed to be a good character plz
8/10 is a bit of a stretch. He has good buttons but that's him universally, once people start actually punishing him properly (blocked knife and blocked eye lazer up close) then you'll see he's just getting away with mostly gimmicks. Overall Kano is fundamentally strong yes, but specifically cyber lacks the "dirt" the top 10 in this game have. He's good but I wouldn't say top 10 good.