What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

Fresh900

"Cooler than a polar bear's toenails." #Outkast
Although Cyber (arguably his worst variation) doesn't have true 50/50's, he's still a lot of fun to play. Having good matchup knowledge and making opponents come to you is what this variation is all about. It's always really satisfying beating up on tier whores by making them frustrated and punishing. Focus on re-stands, run up grabs, and various mind games to keep your opponent guessing - you'll have a lot of fun.

Although Cyber (arguably his worst variation) doesn't have true 50/50's, he's still a lot of fun to play. Having good matchup knowledge and making opponents come to you is what this variation is all about. It's always really satisfying beating up on tier whores by making them frustrated and punishing. Focus on re-stands, run up grabs, and various mind games to keep your opponent guessing - you'll have a lot of fun.
Yup I agree. A lot of people only tier whore, which sucks but yea using a weaker character and beating a top tier one is nice to do.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Hi, I was trying Kano out last night, I chose his cybernetic variation because to me it seems the funnest but I'm not sure since I've never played him. I noticed a couple of things though, he doesn't have any mixups does he? I don't even think he has an overhead at all aside from the air cannon ball is this correct? If he doesn't then I'm assuming he has trouble opening an opponent up right? Also aside from using meter with the b31,2+4 he doesn't have a launcher right?
https://testyourmight.com/resources/youphs-living-guide-for-cybernetic-kano.8/
This variation seems more of a vortex heavy variation with no real vortex. He's still Kano but lacks the stronger tools to open up your opponent. You need to rely on knife a lot in the neutral and just pick away at your opponent until you annoy them enough to make a mistake and then punish. Midscreen you're only netting around 32-36%. But you can actually make him a little more scary if you just do standing combos into restand Enders. For example 112, db1, 112 ex ball, jump 1, 112 knife. This nets you 34% keeps em standing and allows a pseudo 50/50. You can either insta airball, RC b31, RC throw, or RC into a poke/string for more pressure. But offensively I'd say that's the best way he's played. In the corner it's pretty much the same only you get BIG damage combos due to the up lazer buff. This really is a fun variation but it does take a lot more risks and brain power to work correctly.

@Youphemism, did you ever finish that guide? Or was that someone else?
Nope that was me, I finished up the Intermediate section recently :p I'll finish the High Level section when I can.
Focus on re-stands
I disagree with the focussing on restands part, he doesn't really get anything great off of his. May as well go for the damage and splat from straight ball and apply oki.

Fresh900

"Cooler than a polar bear's toenails." #Outkast
I disagree with the focussing on restands part, he doesn't really get anything great off of his. May as well go for the damage and splat from straight ball and apply oki.
I should've prefaced that by saying "in the corner" - even so ending with a ball is just as good.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I don't think he needs any super serious buffs.

But my wish-list would be:

B1 to no longer be -8.
Prevent characters like Mileena roll/Sub slide from low-profiling knives
Slightly more mid-screen damage (his corner damage is pretty good)
Maybe slightly more damage on knives? I'm iffy on this one.

ando1184

Noob
I don't think he needs any super serious buffs.

But my wish-list would be:

B1 to no longer be -8.
Prevent characters like Mileena roll/Sub slide from low-profiling knives
Slightly more mid-screen damage (his corner damage is pretty good)
Maybe slightly more damage on knives? I'm iffy on this one.
Tbh I'm kinda afraid we're gonna see nerfs to airball, b31, and the like for all we know :(. I really hope he doesn't get touched if something like that is the case.

Rude

Tbh I'm kinda afraid we're gonna see nerfs to airball, b31, and the like for all we know :(. I really hope he doesn't get touched if something like that is the case.
I've never gotten much mileage out of air ball outside air-to-air situations. Granted, I'm not great at instant-airs so doing iaKano Balls arent a thing for me. That's on me, though.

I don't think the low needs nerfs. Cutthroat's b121 could be reverted back to normal, though.

I was iffy about the damage because it is one of the fastest projectiles in the game and it hits mid. Giving them more damage might make him pretty goofy.

ando1184

Noob
I've never gotten much mileage out of air ball outside air-to-air situations. Granted, I'm not great at instant-airs so doing iaKano Balls arent a thing for me. That's on me, though.

I don't think the low needs nerfs. Cutthroat's b121 could be reverted back to normal, though.

I was iffy about the damage because it is one of the fastest projectiles in the game and it hits mid. Giving them more damage might make him pretty goofy.
I was just throwing stuff outta my ass, based on the "balance trend" that seems to happen in every patch. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised we might see nerfs that are unnecessary or unwarranted. But then again, maybe we could get buffs too lol? Fingers are crossed :p

Rude

I was just throwing stuff outta my ass, based on the "balance trend" that seems to happen in every patch. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised we might see nerfs that are unnecessary or unwarranted. But then again, maybe we could get buffs too lol? Fingers are crossed :p
Right. I think his neutral is pretty solid. The problem, imo, is that trying to catch up on a life lead is pretty difficult. If you don't start out ahead it's hard to catch up unless you corner them. Other than that, pressuring the opponent is tough. Granted, he's a zoner so pressure isn't your goal, but sometimes you have to go in to make up a life deficit.

Other than that, Cyber struggles by not being Cutthroat. I know, that sounds fucked up, huh?

ando1184

Noob
Right. I think his neutral is pretty solid. The problem, imo, is that trying to catch up on a life lead is pretty difficult. If you don't start out ahead it's hard to catch up unless you corner them. Other than that, pressuring the opponent is tough. Granted, he's a zoner so pressure isn't your goal, but sometimes you have to go in to make up a life deficit.

Other than that, Cyber struggles by not being Cutthroat. I know, that sounds fucked up, huh?
Yeh the lack of a relatively safe OH has always been what's tugging the rope at em. But imo, Kano is pretty solid across the board (and balanced). I just don't wanna see anymore knee jerk or indirect nerfs across his variations (b1, command throws whiffing, etc).

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
first and foremost; why don't i see any cybernetic players online anymore? Is there a specific reason for it?
I main this variation and I use him in every single match as I can. I've haven't seen too many online either but when I do there ass.

He's very fundamentally dependant and you have to have really good reads to choose how and where you want to AA to carry your opponents to the corner. He's not as braindead well he's not braindead at all compared to other characters out there which I'd why I don't see many either.

But I'm dropping mkxl tho till they fix this game so good luck with him.

I main this variation and I use him in every single match as I can. I've haven't seen too many online either but when I do there ass.

He's very fundamentally dependant and you have to have really good reads to choose how and where you want to AA to carry your opponents to the corner. He's not as braindead well he's not braindead at all compared to other characters out there which I'd why I don't see many either.

But I'm dropping mkxl tho till they fix this game so good luck with him.
Dropping MKX out of boredom or as protest?

villainous monk

Dropping MKX out of boredom or as protest?
None of those. Its comes down how I just don't enjoy this game and how it's designed to play. It's not for me. It's doesn't play like a great fighter would be. Maybe it's my age or the countless fighters I've played since there were arcades in almost every shop or corner but mkx just isn't for me and I don't want to force myself to try and enjoy a game that I truly don't.

If my wife sees my mood go and turn a 180 from being a troll and cussing at that game to being more kool calm and collected on a humble not playing it and it's been only a few days then yah.

I'm done for now.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
I've been a Kano main since mk9 and I will say this variation is all about the spacing and zoning projectile and punishing wiffs with 2~exdb1 into either of his MB pop up strings but I have trouble using this when ppl respect the projectile and block low it's a ify variation.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I've been a Kano main since mk9 and I will say this variation is all about the spacing and zoning projectile and punishing wiffs with 2~exdb1 into either of his MB pop up strings but I have trouble using this when ppl respect the projectile and block low it's a ify variation.
2~exDB1? I mean B1 also works well for that and you never need to spend the bar on exDB1, always do meterless DB1 as it does the same thing. Save your meter for 2+4MB launchers/armour/breakers.

luis

WLK_FENIX
hi!!!

im wlk fenix, from chile, and i play in mkx with kano cibernetic... in the lasth months, in chile there is a some tourneys online in ps4 for make a league with the top8 best players online of chile ps4... so, i let you some fights in the final top 8 that finish in september 4... so, in this fights you can see alot from kano and his tools in the game

villainous monk

Your cybernetic looks really good. Can't believe no one as commented on it. Looks like it was a hell of a tournament tho.

Glad to see a few still sticking with cybernetic.

Good shit.

luis

WLK_FENIX
Your cybernetic looks really good. Can't believe no one as commented on it. Looks like it was a hell of a tournament tho.

Glad to see a few still sticking with cybernetic.

Good shit.
thanks... its difficult use kano cibernetic...

this is the final round in the league, and i play against Cr Heygeorge... you can see from minute 30 the fight

https://www.twitch.tv/truefighter/v/87587199

and in this video, you can see the summary of this tournaments and league

villainous monk

thanks... its difficult use kano cibernetic...

this is the final round in the league, and i play against Cr Heygeorge... you can see from minute 30 the fight

https://www.twitch.tv/truefighter/v/87587199

and in this video, you can see the summary of this tournaments and league

Yeah I see you. Looked liked a hell of a tourny. You did well.

Your aslo right. Playing cybernetic is not easy. I consider him going up the rankings of a high execution type of character in the game.

You know it can be difficult against most matchups to open characters up when they know crouch block, spacing and jumpins kill him full stop with out good reads and constant blockstrings and mb knives mixed with throws. I saw in your fantastic vids how hard you have to open them up and truly put good & hard punishes on them once you did.

It's not easy being a cybernetic main ain't it. Especially when everyone else mostly has better mixups and a bloody overhead.

Again. Good shit. Cr Heygeorge is serious. It's really really good to see international talent.

Seriously good shit.