What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
B1 is -8 on block now.....

b13 is -2 on block now.....

So this is affecting Commando as well? FML

What is this @tylerlansdown @colt ????

There is zero justification for this, why is this happening to Kano? There are characters with easily spammable laser projectiles(Predator), BS 50/50 with great zoning(Shinnok, Quan Chi), completely safe mid strings that lead into 40%+ damage(Kotal Khan), and yet the mid tier Cybernetic, and Commando variation gets the heavy nerf to his b1. Tomorrow, we'll have characters with insane 50/50 reach, great pressure, and difficult to avoid set-ups, and Kano gets his b1 nerfed.

Last edited:

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Just don't do b1 on it's own... It's not that bad, fucking hell he's not suddenly trash because he can't stagger a string that people could see offline anyway.
What are talking about it was negative 2 so if kano couldn't stagger after negative 2 why could tanya her best frames were negative 4 before the patch b1 2+4. she could even stagger after a her first rekka that was negative 6 so dobt tell me i couldn't stagger my b1 with kano which i did alot thats was only negative 2 so stop downplaying.

You say just dont stagger at b1 so were am i stagger at b12 he only has 2 options after b12 thats granade that's negave 8 or special moves that either cost a meter to be safe or are negative or punishable now we cant even do d1 into stagger grab that worked alot before stop dowplaying please

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
What are talking about it was negative 2 so if kano couldn't stagger after negative 2 why could tanya her best frames were negative 4 before the patch b1 2+4. she could even stagger after a her first rekka that was negative 6 so dobt tell me i couldn't stagger my b1 with kano which i did alot thats was only negative 2 so stop downplaying.

You say just dont stagger at b1 so were am i stagger at b12 he only has 2 options after b12 thats granade that's negave 8 or special moves that either cost a meter to be safe or are negative or punishable now we cant even do d1 into stagger grab that worked alot before stop dowplaying please
Just because it was -2 doesn't mean it was good. You can't just look at the block frames, you have to look at the recovery frames as well.

You're pretty set on crying super hard though so not going to bother.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Just because it was -2 doesn't mean it was good. You can't just look at the block frames, you have to look at the recovery frames as well.

It gave Cyber more options on block and being only -2 was perfect. Now oppenents will be looking for b1,2 all the time.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog

Dude i know what recovery frames are and it was not that bad before the patch. if your telling me kano couldn't stagger his b1 before this patch then please im not goona bother with you

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Well regardless of how shitty he might be right now it's up to good players like us to make it work. So that's what I did.

I'm about to go of to work but I thought I download this XL while I took my naps but I wanted to test up laser and hopefully leave you guys with some homework.

In the corner if you guys already knew then I guess this technique is useless but you can punish njp's and jumpins aslo teleports with up laser and follow it up with 112 ball or b1 b1 ball.

Forgot the damage but I guess this is what we got. If it's more then before then great if not... Well let's figure out a way to make cyber far better today then yesterday then.

#KNIFEBOYZ

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
We need to come together as kano mains and boycott NRS until they fix cybernetic lol
No we don't, with a few exceptions most of you deserve this. I warned you guys the variation would be left behind since May, that this would happen, but I was shunned and outlawed. Now look what has happened. You all asked for this. You should be happy. Don't boycott. Celebrate.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
No we don't, with a few exceptions most of you deserve this. I warned you guys the variation would be left behind since May, that this would happen, but I was shunned and outlawed. Now look what has happened. You all asked for this. You should be happy. Don't boycott. Celebrate.
I wasn't one of the people talking bad about you i agree with most of what you say.

Im just really pissed they nerfed cyber if they would have left him how he was before the patch that would have been fine i never wanted more buffs for him i liked him how he was, but now with the new patch i think he is potentially the worst character in the game

Gofer_MK_

Banned
I must have been absent for a while because I don't know what happened.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I must have been absent for a while because I don't know what happened.
Oh no you were there, you were one of the few people that agreed with me from the beginning.

You were there for months as I argued that Cyber needed buffs. That he was ok "at the moment" but if left as is he will be passed to low tier when other characters (Reptile, Takeda, Shinnok, Kitana, etc) get buffed. When I argued slight nerfs during this process would hurt him even worse. When I proposed Cyber buffs by making 3 different threads and was mocked by most of TYM to "get good" and "adapt" because Kano was secret top tier. When he was getting passed by over and over and I kept saying he needs buffs and was being left behind but was told anything else would make him "too strong".

Fast forward and here we are. A Cyber Kano who is slightly less good as the version mostly everyone told me was fine as is, but as I said the environment around him became so much stronger he appears much worse to people now. I'm disgusted at the character now. I stopped using him seriously a couple of months ago and only Cutt because I didn't see it anymore, but this is just icing on the cake. Probably will never touch Cyber again with the DLC hitting the market.

This was inevitable. A lot of people who are upset, not just in this thread but others as well, shouldn't be. They asked for this. They should celebrate.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Oh no you were there, you were one of the few people that agreed with me from the beginning.

You were there for months as I argued that Cyber needed buffs. That he was ok "at the moment" but if left as is he will be passed to low tier when other characters (Reptile, Takeda, Shinnok, Kitana, etc) get buffed. When I argued slight nerfs during this process would hurt him even worse. When I proposed Cyber buffs by making 3 different threads and was mocked by most of TYM to "get good" and "adapt" because Kano was secret top tier. When he was getting passed by over and over and I kept saying he needs buffs and was being left behind but was told anything else would make him "too strong".

Fast forward and here we are. A Cyber Kano who is slightly less good as the version mostly everyone told me was fine as is, but as I said the environment around him became so much stronger he appears much worse to people now. I'm disgusted at the character now. I stopped using him seriously a couple of months ago and only Cutt because I didn't see it anymore, but this is just icing on the cake. Probably will never touch Cyber again with the DLC hitting the market.

This was inevitable. A lot of people who are upset, not just in this thread but others as well, shouldn't be. They asked for this. They should celebrate.
I believe i remember all those threads and actually agreed with you. In no way Cyber should be over looked. Now its a no mans craddle.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
B1 is -8 on block now.....

b13 is -2 on block now.....
What. The mother. Of fuck. THANK GOD I'm done with this variation. It's 100% clear they have no idea what they're doing with this variation at all. At least Tyler can use up laser more though right?
Let's calm down.

It's a nerf, and a stupid one, but he's not trash. Jesus.
Consider his current state. They actually nerfed his up close game. They did nothing to improve his zoning or damage to compete with the rest of the cast's at least slightly higher average damage bar maybe Cassie. The only buff they gave him that actually makes a difference is overhead air ball (which was completely unnecessary), maybe his pokes being 7 frames but that should've been D1 instead of the other two to give it more use.

He's not necessarily trash in a vacuum but by comparison it's not looking good for him.
Is the -8 on block necessary for the tic throw setup to work in commando? Is that why it's more negative?
Usually it's the cancel advantage changed, not the block advantage, that's why there ended up being a gap in B13 in the beta. But maybe the block advantage itself is affected I dunno.

Welp I'm off to play Bartitsu Bo Rai Cho, later peeps!

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
But He is probably trash in a vacuum now im done with him maybe the game too. they will probably just nerf the next character to oblivion that i try to pick up after kano. i just dont have any hopes no more gonna have to just play shooters now lol