What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

SE1Z3

Noob
Anybody who is really really hurt by this, needs to start playing around instant airball, the change to an overhead is absolutely game changing. Of course, b1 is not going to be as strong of a tool, but it is still a great mind game when used in b13. IAKB is almost as fast as 2 frames if done fast enough, think about that for a sec. We have two of the fastest abilities in the game, one 6frames, double hitting with armor if MB'd and one with a built in OH/low and unblockable game.

I've put in a good 15-20 hrs practicing IAKB, if you are really upset over B1, before you quit the game or get angry at NRS, please try this.

ando1184

Noob
Anybody who is really really hurt by this, needs to start playing around instant airball, the change to an overhead is absolutely game changing. Of course, b1 is not going to be as strong of a tool, but it is still a great mind game when used in b13. IAKB is almost as fast as 2 frames if done fast enough, think about that for a sec. We have two of the fastest abilities in the game, one 6frames, double hitting with armor if MB'd and one with a built in OH/low and unblockable game.

I've put in a good 15-20 hrs practicing IAKB, if you are really upset over B1, before you quit the game or get angry at NRS, please try this.
A 10% knockdown move that's full combo punishable is not worth the loss of pressure tool that was safe. I'm not quitting the game or character but I'm calling it like I see it. Idk if you guys noticed but to me his j4 seems to have lost some of its range. I'm missing a crossover j4 at certain distances I swear connected before???

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
What's the point anyway, the other two variations have overhead ball too. Did anyone really want a 50/50 on cybernetic? Or more 50/50s in general?
I just want Cyber range to be feared. Make a new move call Grenade toss and make it a low. Add more damage to knives and that was it! All cyber other changes ro up laser was cool also. OH airball is awesome. But that still not working on Cyber. Right now Im sticking to CT and Commando.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Oh no you were there, you were one of the few people that agreed with me from the beginning.

You were there for months as I argued that Cyber needed buffs. That he was ok "at the moment" but if left as is he will be passed to low tier when other characters (Reptile, Takeda, Shinnok, Kitana, etc) get buffed. When I argued slight nerfs during this process would hurt him even worse. When I proposed Cyber buffs by making 3 different threads and was mocked by most of TYM to "get good" and "adapt" because Kano was secret top tier. When he was getting passed by over and over and I kept saying he needs buffs and was being left behind but was told anything else would make him "too strong".

Fast forward and here we are. A Cyber Kano who is slightly less good as the version mostly everyone told me was fine as is, but as I said the environment around him became so much stronger he appears much worse to people now. I'm disgusted at the character now. I stopped using him seriously a couple of months ago and only Cutt because I didn't see it anymore, but this is just icing on the cake. Probably will never touch Cyber again with the DLC hitting the market.

This was inevitable. A lot of people who are upset, not just in this thread but others as well, shouldn't be. They asked for this. They should celebrate.
Oh shit. I DO remember this. Yes. For a long while you did put up the argument for these buff. I even carefully and painfully remember the banter and even how I apologized and knew he needed help then and CT too.

Yes threads and talks had started. Lessons were learned from mk9 kano and Baraka. Yeah I remember. It should be cataloged deep in this very thread or a another one when everything first popped off.

History does come to past. But anyways.

Now that he what he is. Ether voices again have to be heard or we make do with what we got.

Just my 2 cents.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Alright, I gave it some thought, and I think I know why b1 was nerfed. I think It's because of Commando being able to tick throw off of b1. NRS nerfed b1 because otherwise, Commando could b1 confirm for either a tick throw if the opponent blocks, or a 34% one bar combo if the b1 hits. Unfortunately, the staff over at NRS either forgot, or didn't give a shit that this nerf would greatly hurt Cybernetic. They didn't even compensate by giving him a buff other than a slightly faster Up Laser. Cybernetic just lost a great tool, he has to commit to the b13, he can no longer do b1~throw to try to open up the opponent.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
It's a possibility and I wouldn't rule it out but man... I want to try and find out for myself dammit!!!

If only I wasn't stuck at work with my truck breaking down now too. Sigh. Only 7 more hrs to go.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
For everyone saying the B1 nerf is because Commando's B1 Command grab game would be too strong. Kotal Kahn still has his B1 tick throw, and his B1 has more range, launches for 28% meterless off b112 grab, has a tick off of B14, and it's still -2. Plus that's not mentioning the numerous advantages a character like Kotal over has (Yes I know we have knives and can ball but come on).

AYYYYE LMAO, WHAT'S THE POINT OF ANY VARIATION NOT NAMED CUTTHROAT.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Lol at SaltShaker being like "I called the end times, but you wouldn't listen!"

So as much as I hate MKX Kano I may pick up Cybernetic at some point, if only to figure out how Kano works. I've heard someone mention Cybernetic's lacking range, isn't B2 a good footsie tool?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano

So as much as I hate MKX Kano I may pick up Cybernetic at some point, if only to figure out how Kano works. I've heard someone mention Cybernetic's lacking range, isn't B2 a good footsie tool?
B2 sucks

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
What makes me so mad is that they won't even explain why they've done what they've done and they don't even have to but the lack of communication is really just a huge problem.
What's the point anyway, the other two variations have overhead ball too. Did anyone really want a 50/50 on cybernetic? Or more 50/50s in general?
I didn't. I just wanted them to buff where it lacks fundamentally compared to the rest of the cast which was his damage but they refuse to so I'm done with the variation really. I don't want to rely on 50/50s to open people up.

If someone told you Cybernetic lacks range they either
A. Meant to say the name of a different variation,
B. Haven't labbed/played Cybernetic much,
C. Are daft.

B2 is a good footsie tool and I don't get all the downplaying of it I've seen. Noone's reacting to it to hit you out of it.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I don't think I've ever heard anyone say Cyber has no range so I don't know where that's coming from. That's the least of his problems.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog

An unsafe overhead kano ball that does 9 percent doesn't make up for our pressure game being completely ruined. Jesus i still can't believe they nerfed cybernetic idiots

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Idk, the fact that they can't just crouch block everything seems pretty worth it. Cyber never had much of a pressure game, he's a turtling zoner/punisher.

edit: I haven't tested it in the beta/XL but in regular MKX you could cancel into the IAB before you can even tell he leaves the ground. Literally unreactable.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
He dint have the most broken pressure game ever but b1 being just negative 2 opened up options after a stagger back b1. If kano couldn't pressure with b1 being only negative 2 them how could tanya her best frames were negative 4 and more and she could still pressure opponents easily.

Now kano cant stagger his strings everybody will be waiting on b12. I think this makes him really really bad, he has sub par zoning with absolutely no mix ups no pressure i just cant see how were gonna compete now.

Just my 2 cents

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I don't know, we've been saying for months b1 staggers are a bill and now we're crying that we can't stagger it? Unnecessary yes but we'll live. Too bad cyber didn't get anything to compensate. Iakb is a bill tbh. Even if it's unreactable it's super unsafe and leads to literally nothing.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I don't know, we've been saying for months b1 staggers are a bill and now we're crying that we can't stagger it? Unnecessary yes but we'll live. Too bad cyber didn't get anything to compensate. Iakb is a bill tbh. Even if it's unreactable it's super unsafe and leads to literally nothing.
it leads to the opponent doing quick wake up armor and having his turn. lol.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I always staggered my b1 since day one kano just knowing now there is no option to stagger you have to just do the whole string is really a huge problem for me personally thats how i beem playing kano for so long. I just cant see why the opponents would ever let go block now before with a stagger back b1 they would try to pook out or let go block for a second now that mind game is completely goone

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I always staggered my b1 since day one kano just knowing now there is no option to stagger you have to just do the whole string is really a huge problem for me personally thats how i beem playing kano for so long. I just cant see why the opponents would ever let go block now before with a stagger back b1 they would try to pook out or let go block for a second now that mind game is completely goone
I agree but we'll adapt. B13 is still good.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I agree but we'll adapt. B13 is still good.
I wish i was as optimistic as you i just dont see what we are going to adapt to now there is not alot of options after ending in b13 but i could be wrong , let us now how it goes ive already moved on to cutthroat lol new reach on b1 is godlike

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I wish i was as optimistic as you i just dont see what we are going to adapt to now there is not alot of options after ending in b13 but i could be wrong , let us now how it goes ive already moved on to cutthroat lol new reach on b1 is godlike
I play all variations so that's a non-issue. If you have bar ex knives is a good option. But after ending you're only -2 and can make a read. Options include ex ball, d4 (7f and low profiles), backdash, jump.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
you say this, but I bet you that the majority of people you play against; if you were to do 2 or 3 B13s in a match, and then you started Staggering B1, they would not have a 100% punish rate. People in this game theorycraft as if every opponent they face is a perfect player. use B1 for AAing or whif punishes, use 11 for "pressure". I tend to use 11 a lot anyway. sure it's easier for them to interrupt with the first hit being high but it's a frame faster. Sure we can't just throw out B1s whenever the fuck we want now; we have to more precisely place them as AAs or as whiff punish or whatever, but we'll adjust.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I play all variations so that's a non-issue. If you have bar ex knives is a good option. But after ending you're only -2 and can make a read. Options include ex ball, d4 (7f and low profiles), backdash, jump.

I get that bro those options are there but here is the thing those options isn't as good as the options you had after a b1 pre patch

Now ending in b12 people will always be ready for something because there is no options to continue your pressure without spending a bar for meter burn knives. Without meter burn knives your offensive options are ending in grenade negative 8 and can't cancel offence over, ending in eye laser punishable, down 4 yeah but offense is done or ex ball on a read for a the cost of a meter.

When b1 was negative 2 you had way more better options and the threat of 2 more hitting moves after always had people afraid, why would anyone be afraid of anything ending in b21. and it cost a bar to even continue pressure. B1 dint cost no bar to continue pressure pre patch. And we had 2 options to stagger a 3 hitting string now i dont now what we have.

Just my 2 cents