What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Mediocre is right. He just needs more.

He needs to play off punishments and good reads for damage output.

He's not like Sonya, scorpion or Erron Black where they can play from behind and win. If he's behind in health and they play the keep away game and crouch block, baiting for air ball or jump in/run in then your at a disadvantage. He needs to keep the lead and play ahead.

Cyber is a great variations but I still don't understand what nrs is thinking when they continue to buffer CT.

Look he needs it and it's more then welcomed I mean commando needed a serious overhaul. But again. Cyber gets a faster up laser. It's not even great in the mid screen to combo off from and that's the ex version I'm talking about too.

Buff all his grenade and laser strings and his knifes or db1 a little so he's a bit more viable and feared. I'm not asking for Kotal blood God damage other CT buff damage but hell something.

Because cyber Kano is going to be left high n dry come March 1 going forward where he has no dirt. No schemes & a tough day at the office when you match him up against the cast. Which btw is in my opinion is 5-5 or lower in some cases.

Don't get me wrong. He's a good character but man. There's a lot left on the table with this variation.

A lot.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
At this point in the game, there's almost no reason to choose Cybernetic over the other variation. The best way to show this is if we were to rate all of the variations like the "Rate a Character" thread, it would be something like

Footsies
-Cutthroat: 5/5
-Cybernetic: 4/5
-Commando: 4/5

Rushdown (50/50s/Ways to open up and Pressure)
-Commando: 4.5/5
-Cybernetic: 2/5

Zoning and Anti-zoning
-Cutthroat: 4/5
-Cybernetic: 4.5/5

Damage
-Commando: 3.5/5

Defense
-All of them have essentially have 4.5/5 defense, but Commando does have the option of parries even though it's a bill.

So each a rating we'll get:
-Cutthroat: 23.5/25
-Commando: 20.5/25
-Cybernetic: 17/25

The ONLY place where Cybernetic might shine is his mid-knives which are kinda overrated anyways, and considering how the default knife throw is a pretty decent projectile, it's not enough to justify the use of Cybernetic over the other 2.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
At this point in the game, there's almost no reason to choose Cybernetic over the other variation. The best way to show this is if we were to rate all of the variations like the "Rate a Character" thread, it would be something like

Footsies

Zoning and Anti-zoning

Damage

Defense
-All of them have essentially have 4.5/5 defense, but Commando does have the option of parries even though it's a bill.

The ONLY place where Cybernetic might shine is his mid-knives which are kinda overrated anyways, and considering how the default knife throw is a pretty decent projectile, it's not enough to justify the use of Cybernetic over the other 2.
Cyber has the swaggiest brutality though.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Where are you getting 32% from? Is that for a bar I assume? And no he does not have anything close to Shinnok's vortex and he does not do 44%, the throw is completely techable, armourable, backdashable and duckable. Just because throw is an option doesn't mean it's guaranteed. Shinnok's Mimicry is +104 on hit which lets him do anything he wants and the opponent can only avoid his options by blocking/teching, Cybernetic is only left at +11 unless you sacrifice even more damage by just doing something like standing 2 for more hit advantage so while some normals/strings are guaranteed a throw is not so his damage doesn't go up to 44%. We also don't have an overhead starter so we most definitely do not have anything close to Shinnok's vortex, we just have a very mediocre mixup with one option that's not even guaranteed.

This is the combo i use for 32 percent restand is 112×db1 112xEX kano ball cancel 112df2 (knife toss) its 32 percent leaves you at plus 11 if you use b12 as a starter its 29 percent into restand.

My bad i wasn't compararing this to shinnoks imposter im comparing it to boneshapers restand were he has nothing guaranteed but still he has options after he leaves you into a restand watch wound cowboy.

Im not saying this tech makes kano better but it has options to open people up a bit more in a variation that has no mix ups what so ever. ill take anything to help this variation because its my favorite.

So of course the through is not guaranteed but you di have different options if i grabbed them a couple times after the restand they might they might try to neutral crouch the grab, so therefore i if i suspect there gonna do that i just go in for a back 1 string to catch crouchers and put the back in the same situation. Ok let's say they try armoring and to get out of the restand its a really tight frame link they have to do the armor and if you suspect they will armor you can just block and full combo punish, they might try to back dash ive been catching people backdashing with f4 eye laser they dont try to back dash again after they get caught a couple times.

I know this doesnt make kano that much better but personally i rather do a 32 percent combo into restand than doing a 35 percent regular bnb with no options after.

Just my opinion

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Firstly it's my birthday so you can't disagree with me on anything I'm about to say below :DOGE sorrynotsorryholdthat

Footsies

Zoning and Anti-zoning

Damage

Defense

Lol Cutthroat 5/5 for footsies and Cybernetic 4/5? Bruh. Also Commando outdamaging Cyber? Are you considering them in MKXL state or before? Also Cyber's damage has to go up to at least 3 considering his corner damage output despite the fact you're unlikely to hit it against a top player. Also I'd give Cutthroat/Commando 3.5 for zoning/anti-zoning, not 4. Their zoning/anti-zoning is meh.
Cyber has the swaggiest brutality though.
Nah the football tackle is easily his best one, but the up laser is a close second.
Fuck all of you, Commando's Choke brutality is the best one hands down.
This is the combo i use for 32 percent restand is 112×db1 112xEX kano ball cancel 112df2 (knife toss) its 32 percent leaves you at plus 11 if you use b12 as a starter its 29 percent into restand.

My bad i wasn't compararing this to shinnoks imposter im comparing it to boneshapers restand were he has nothing guaranteed but still he has options after he leaves you into a restand watch wound cowboy.

Im not saying this tech makes kano better but it has options to open people up a bit more in a variation that has no mix ups what so ever. ill take anything to help this variation because its my favorite.

So of course the through is not guaranteed but you di have different options if i grabbed them a couple times after the restand they might they might try to neutral crouch the grab, so therefore i if i suspect there gonna do that i just go in for a back 1 string to catch crouchers and put the back in the same situation. Ok let's say they try armoring and to get out of the restand its a really tight frame link they have to do the armor and if you suspect they will armor you can just block and full combo punish, they might try to back dash ive been catching people backdashing with f4 eye laser they dont try to back dash again after they get caught a couple times.

I know this doesnt make kano that much better but personally i rather do a 32 percent combo into restand than doing a 35 percent regular bnb with no options after.

Just my opinion
It's still not close to Bone Shapers either, Shinnok has a universal overhead starter which he can do back into the restand.

You go through the options he has after the restand into knife but that doesn't make a difference to the conversation right now. I know what the options are and that you can blow up your opponent trying to do stuff, but they can also counter your options. That's just basic fighting game stuff.

He doesn't have "no options" after his bnb, please tell me you're just making that up to make the restand sound better. On knockdown ball gives more than enough hit advantage to do several things including meaty armour breaking setups, meter building by throwing knives and setting up spacing for specific setups on knockdown. It's fine if you prefer to use a bar of meter for an extra 3-4% on your restand, not saying your opinion is bad or anything, just making sure you understand what doesn't work as well as what does.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Firstly it's my birthday so you can't disagree with me on anything I'm about to say below :DOGE sorrynotsorryholdthat

Lol Cutthroat 5/5 for footsies and Cybernetic 4/5? Bruh. Also Commando outdamaging Cyber? Are you considering them in MKXL state or before? Also Cyber's damage has to go up to at least 3 considering his corner damage output despite the fact you're unlikely to hit it against a top player. Also I'd give Cutthroat/Commando 3.5 for zoning/anti-zoning, not 4. Their zoning/anti-zoning is meh.

It's still not close to Bone Shapers either, Shinnok has a universal overhead starter which he can do back into the restand.

You go through the options he has after the restand into knife but that doesn't make a difference to the conversation right now. I know what the options are and that you can blow up your opponent trying to do stuff, but they can also counter your options. That's just basic fighting game stuff.

He doesn't have "no options" after his bnb, please tell me you're just making that up to make the restand sound better. On knockdown ball gives more than enough hit advantage to do several things including meaty armour breaking setups, meter building by throwing knives and setting up spacing for specific setups on knockdown. It's fine if you prefer to use a bar of meter for an extra 3-4% on your restand, not saying your opinion is bad or anything, just making sure you understand what doesn't work as well as what does.
I'm considering MKXL instead of current patch.

With the knife slash buff Cutthroat becomes insanely godlike in footsies and F212(As well as all strings) can now be made safe without meter which is HUUUUUUUUUGE, Cybernetic would have a 5/5 if knives weren't piss weak and B2 didn't have the priority of an Asian trying to get into University. XL Commando might as well do the same damage as Cybernetic since 22 Command Grab and 22 Ex Ball Cancel 22 Command Grab both are similar damage to Cybernetic's BnBs, but he also is able to land that damage way more often thanks to him being a grab character and all. And if you were only considering projectiles for zoning/Anti-zoning then yeah a 3/5 would be more suitable the High-Knife Boiz, but we also gotta consider air ball(Overhead, low, and Command Grab *Kreygasm*) as well as the occasional armored straight ball as well so 4/5 is good.

Last edited:

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog

First off all Happy birthday knife brother

Second im gonna disagree with you just a bit so yes shinnok has a overhead leading into combo i agree but im talking about the (restand) only not the options each character has after the reastand.

Cyber and bonshaper restands are very similar to each other shinnok beam is like 11 on hit so is cyber knives. And the push back is even shorter in cyber you can check the only thing that helps shinnok is his fast low to close the gap fast but he has nothing guaranteed too just like cyber, after his restand you can poke shinnok armor him too but the mind games are there are how many times do people poke out of wound cowboys boneshaper restand not alot that i see

So your saying that cybers restand isnt as good as shinnoks just because he doesn't have a overhead i agree it isn't as good but that doesn't mean cybers restand isnt viable look at scorpion he really doesn't have a fast overhead but his vortex is good its a grab or string vortex, scorpion does like 30 something percent into vortex then he has option to grab or just go back in for a string i watch slips play alot he does this over and over it's a Simple gameplan and now thats what i do with cyber now , a grab after a 30 something percent combo is really good damage yes its not guaranteed but thats the mindgame in itself

And im not trying to downplay ending in kano ball, i been ending my combos in kano ball since day one of mkx lol but for me the restand is just more effective now a little more mind games that cyber desperately needs. please lord paulo why you leaving cyber behind

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
@Youphemism lol! The ball tackle gets me every time, love it. But as far as variations go the commando ones are the best. Wish I wasn't a shit commando. I lose so many matches trying to get one of his brutalities lol.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
@Youphemism

Dude. Your right. And happy born day.

Look. I'm going to be honest. Brutally honest.

I mained CT first. Was recommended to cyber. I am a commando main. Kano is my dude. Since MK1 he's been my guy. And I have enjoyed our history together through three good and bad.

Now on to cyber. This guy needs help. And your absolutely right bout everything you said. Beleave me. Because I'm on to my second set of buttons on my stick because cyber is so infuriatingly frustrated. He good but goddammit man you have to work very very very hard to win 5-5 and lower matches.

He gets destroyed on jump ins if he wiffs b1 or just gets plain beat.

He needs to be up close but really now. What's the point when the best we can hope for is a 1mb punishment resulting in 28-35 IF we can even land it with out the opponent breaking and still have to bait or go balls in and rush.

MB knifes??? And regular knifes? ??? Where's the damage? Where's the Fear?

Overhead ball yeah that shits cool and roses smell nice but so what? It should have been overhead since day 1!

My point is I'm frustrated. I'm not the greatest player nor the worst but damn.

Cyber. Needs. Help.

Your right in what you say and I hope there are some sort of changes to come and nrs is looking because I'll say it again.

MK 9 kano.

#KNIFEBOYZ

NHDR

Noob
Regarding that post rating all the variations: Cyber has good footsies. But CT is gonna be the go-to variation now. Why?

-Everything is safe now with DB1
-DB1 also used as a mid-range footsie tool
-Best at getting burst damage and making comebacks with EX buff
-Projectile decent enough to frustrate and open up

CT Kano plays MKX the best while Cyber Kano should be in MK9. That's really it.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
B1 being -8 is dumb. But if B13 is actually +1, then a stagger could be B13 and B13 grenade/laser. Which is annoying, because now there's either no potential for damage output, or a big risk for a not so big reward

Skedar70

Noob
B1 was -2, and B13 was -1. If these changes are true, and intentional, then I am not a happy camper.

BUT luckily for me, I still have cutthroat and/or smoke
Wow soo what else does cyber have if he doesn't have this pressure. How is he going to open you up?