General/Other - Cutthroat Kano's Cutthroat Variation Discussion Thread

ando1184

Noob
Sub-Zero (GM)
Takeda (Lasher, Shirai-Ryu)
Kenshi (Balanced)
Alien (Acidic)
Shinnok (Impostor)

Just off the top of my head. I'm thinking either an extreme zoner gives him trouble or a character that can control the mid-range and challenge his DB1 spacing.
Can you explain the shinnok matchup?

Gofer_MK_

Banned
Well, brothers enjoy CT Kano while it lasts. Pig will have him nerfed to the ground... it's fuuny that because of the change to DB1 suddenly people realized that Kano is in the game... and most of his stuff was there from the start or the infamous hotfix...

ando1184

Noob
Well, brothers enjoy CT Kano while it lasts. Pig will have him nerfed to the ground... it's fuuny that because of the change to DB1 suddenly people realized that Kano is in the game... and most of his stuff was there from the start or the infamous hotfix...
I just saw, we should form the real Kano train with our community to defend our boy. He up played air ball and left out the DoT, meter defendant, 11 and up ball randomly whiffing.

Plop

Noob
I was just pissing about in practise mode and realised that if you do f212, rc, 32 bf3, it can leave you right next them with a hard knockdown as if you were in the corner. This of course opens up a cheeky non-ex buff into bait and block or 50/50.
Thing is, with this combo, you're shaving off like 5% damage minimum and the positioning you're left with is inconsistent .

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Yes i think milena and johhny cage are overated and in my opinion kano is better than both of them there still good but not as broken as people think. Look at milena the only area that she beats kano is with her zoning but we beat her upclose with better pokes and safe fast 50/50s and our f2 can compete with her b12 in the footsie department yes she can be annoying to play but i think kano has the upper hsnd
Wow! The upplay is fuxking crazy. Piercing Melieena keeps Kano out all day long. You cant get close to a good Melieena with Kano unless she is a scrub playing her doing tele all day. Horrible match up trying to use any varient cause she has low sais. Her piercing vs cyber she has teleport to anti zone. Dont get me started vs Jonnhy broke ass cancel moves into +100 frames.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Wow! The upplay is fuxking crazy. Piercing Melieena keeps Kano out all day long. You cant get close to a good Melieena with Kano unless she is a scrub playing her doing tele all day. Horrible match up trying to use any varient cause she has low sais. Her piercing vs cyber she has teleport to anti zone. Dont get me started vs Jonnhy broke ass cancel moves into +100 frames.
Dude I'm not uplaying kano its just my personal opinion on the match up thats all just because mileena can zone doesn't mean the match is crazy in her favor. no one can keep a character out all day just buy zoning cmon dude this is mkx yeah its annoying just be patient use air kano ball once in a while on a read to punish her sais and get in. hqt can zone the hell out of kano does that mean hqt beats kano no because once we get in the match is even or in our favor. Now takeda and shinnok are troublesome match ups for me personally but i just dont have much problems fighting cage and mileena i dont think its that bad off a match if you guys dissagre fine i respect your oppinion and i have mines lets leave it at that

NHDR

Noob
Can you explain the shinnok matchup?
Honestly, I just have a hard time using Air Ball against his ground sparks. You can always stay back and chuck knives, sure, but I feel like its more worthwhile to get in on Shinnok. I guess its not necessarily a bad matchup, just not one I am comfortable with.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Apologies are needed guys. Ahem.

Cutthroat is supreme. I haven't played alot of MK this month because of my work and life but this past weekend of just fooling around with some tech and fundamentals stuff I'm convinced as many of you are already that this guy I'd phenomenal.

I won over 90% of my matches just not even trying to hard. When you play cmd or cyber if you want to win you gots to really work for it but CT does make it easier. I'm conflicted and I feel a bit dirty but your not going to win solely on his "goodies" pre-se. The fundamentals and mu knowledge with his discipline to not over use db1 or buff is what I need to relearn though.

It's sad really because the matches with him end so quickly and the Fear of a 3rd round the opponent feels must be terrifying. Especially qtr screen distance away in the corner. That distance belongs to kano where it's almost automatically his round against most, not all but most characters.

Yeah. CT is the real deal. I'm still going to apply what I can to cmd & my main in cyber but I'll definitely have to move CT to cybernetic postion in mu's that I know cyber can win to relearn CT again.

Again. Apologies.

Tweedy

Noob
We gotta stop with this shit too. We're not the biggest community in the world. Just because something wasn't apparent, doesn't mean that it's not good. The Mileena community recycled this constantly.

I can tell you right now that Alien has some dumb shit that people ignore or aren't aware of. If people want it changed in the future, i'm not going to say "it was always there so how is it dumb now". That's just a stupid argument.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I don't think Cutthroat is #1 but he's top 10 for sure (I don't say top 5 for sure because there's so much stupid shit that a lot fight for those spots). I just think there's other variations who are very effective without having to use so much meter, and I know I know DB1/DF2 whatever but he still needs bar to be most effective.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
This is awful man. You can't make your agenda more obvious than this.

I agree with Derptile. CT is the best. Can't get much better than jailing a 50/50 into another 50/50.
All I said was let's win? Chill out, I know CT is amazing. You jumping to conclusions.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Winning a tournament has nothing to do with how good a character is. Players win tournaments, not characters.
If you want to be political correct, yes! It would be dope to see our character win a tournamnet. Since Pig nominated us to be the best character, it be interesting to see Kano win by someone using him.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Also by that logic, if its not the character then Sheeva and Baracka could won a tournament. You also have to account for macth up knowledge. But Kano is top tier according to Pig. So....

Youphemism

Also by that logic, if its not the character then Sheeva and Baracka could won a tournament. You also have to account for macth up knowledge. But Kano is top tier according to Pig. So....
According to the man who claims getting around Shinnok's hellsparks is "random", yeah. I mean no offence to Pig but he can have some weird opinions on stuff. You shouldn't be going off of what other people think anyway, have your own opinion man.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Cutthroat is probably the 3rd best character in the game milena is number 1 and alien is number 2, cutthroat is right behind them in my opi

Youphemism

I still think Spectral is better than Cutthroat, and probably more but I'd need to think about who else and I'm not that bothered about tier positions.

Tweedy

Noob
I don't know anything about Sheeva or Baraka since I didn't play MK9, but I know that Sonic won the ESL and EVO with mid tier characters. I also know that Dragon's Fire Liu Kang never made a top 8 before he was nerfed. A List Cage as well, has only made one top 8.

If there was a character that is as close as possible to being factually top tier, it'd be Kano. High damage, good neutral, and the best risk/reward in the game by far. I don't understand the meter dependency thing. His 50/50s are safe without meter. If they block DB1 you can just use your backdash, that is one of the best in the game. No one says that Alien needs meter, even though Alien can't do damage without it. Cutthroat is probably the least meter dependent character in the game. It's just that when he has meter, he's beyond ridiculous.

I'd wager if Cutthroat couldn't use his meter, outside of breaking, he'd be at least A+ tier.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I do have my own opinions and it got shut down. CT can jail you, but at a cost of meter and health. Also his slice is great, but I think people make it out to be too good. You just can't throw it out there willy nilly with no care. On hit it's amazing, on block you are safe but it's the other person turn.

I was reading on this Facebook MK University community that they feel CT is stupid dumb. Yes, you can make everything safe but it doesn't mean it's your turn next. If everything he throw out meant your turn next, then he would be stupid dumb.

He has a great corner game that makes you respect him and mid game as well. CT is amazing but can get zone out by varies characters like Shinook and Mileena. So I really can't say he is the best in the game, but he is top tier in up close fighting CT and Comando.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I still think Spectral is better than Cutthroat, and probably more but I'd need to think about who else and I'm not that bothered about tier positions.
Ermac can keep Kano in general at bay. Trying to play arggo against Ermac, you will be eating soul balls or green mist all day. I struggle agasint Ermac even playing as Cyber. Range is Ermac strength and rushing in or zoning with Kano is bad in thia macth up.