What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat Kano's Cutthroat Variation Discussion Thread

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Wait are you placing Takeda sonya Jax kung Jin over Johnny and mileena?
Yes i think milena and johhny cage are overated and in my opinion kano is better than both of them there still good but not as broken as people think. Look at milena the only area that she beats kano is with her zoning but we beat her upclose with better pokes and safe fast 50/50s and our f2 can compete with her b12 in the footsie department yes she can be annoying to play but i think kano has the upper hsnd

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Yes i think milena and johhny cage are overated and in my opinion kano is better than both of them there still good but not as broken as people think. Look at milena the only area that she beats kano is with her zoning but we beat her upclose with better pokes and safe fast 50/50s and our f2 can compete with her b12 in the footsie department yes she can be annoying to play but i think kano has the upper hsnd
She builds meter for ages, can keep most of the cast out, you can't jump on her, she always has meter for breaker.

JC just pressures you to death.

Iono let's agree to disagree.

ando1184

Noob
In what way do you mean f2 competes with b12? I think b12 is very much better because it's active frames come out faster. F2 is good and covers decent ground yes but her b1 just really takes the cake IMO.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
She builds meter for ages, can keep most of the cast out, you can't jump on her, she always has meter for breaker.

JC just pressures you to death.

Iono let's agree to disagree.
Once kano gets in on mileena then we have the advantage she just cannot beat kano upclose so she wins the full screen game and we win the upclose game dont see how this is that bad of a match up. and a couple of good reads on air kano ball to punish her projectiles can keep her in check from throwing sais all day we have options to get in. And johhny cage is not that good offline people will realize this soon if johhny cage was so god like how come he has never won any major tournaments johhny cage is potential the most overated chatacter in this game and i think kano beats him offline thats my last two cents

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
In what way do you mean f2 competes with b12? I think b12 is very much better because it's active frames come out faster. F2 is good and covers decent ground yes but her b1 just really takes the cake IMO.
Im not saying f212 is as good as milenas b12 but its still a good long range mid that has slightly more range than mileenas b12 you can lab it to check. And We can with punish milenas b12 with f212 not alot of strings in the game can whiff punish b12 but f212 can lab that too if you dont believe me. Yes Its not as good as b12 but its good enough to to compete with milena in the footsie game

ando1184

Noob
Im not saying f212 is as good as milenas b12 but its still a good long range mid that has slightly more range than mileenas b12 you can lab it to check. And We can with punish milenas b12 with f212 not alot of strings in the game can whiff punish b12 but f212 can lab that too if you dont believe me. Yes Its not as good as b12 but its good enough to to compete with milena in the footsie game
Ok yeh then that definitely makes sense, thanks for clearing that up bud

jokey77

Character Loyalist
F2 is a safe advancing mid, that leads to a full combo (meterless) if you confirm it.
At least I can't hitconfirm F21 into 2/db1. The blockstun of F21 by itself feels kinda long and doesn't allow any real mindgames. The combos that begin with F212 bring slightly less damage. All in all this not an advancing mid like the ones of Mileena, Kotal, etc.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
At least I can't hitconfirm F21 into 2/db1. The blockstun of F21 by itself feels kinda long and doesn't allow any real mindgames. The combos that begin with F212 bring slightly less damage. All in all this not an advancing mid like the ones of Mileena, Kotal, etc.
It's a thousand times easier to hit confirm than mileenas b12. It's actually not taht hard.

NHDR

Noob
Yeah, that set vs. Madzin was crazy. Aside from watching a good CT or Cyber Kano player, a good Blood God is the most fun to watch.

Jupe

Noob
I was kinda rooting for Vladee7r to take the quarterfinal game against Madzin, just because i'm much more familiar with A-list matchup. Those three games were the first games i've ever played against Blood God, on paper cutthroat should to fine in the matchup and it was my mistakes that cost me the 2 games I lost. I think I might have woken up a couple of my neighbours by shouting profanities after eating the last hit of b122 string in the corner and losing the first game because of it. Winning the first game would have been crucial as that would have allowed me to "counterpick" sz with cyber kano. The set was still really good, did surprisingly well against sz with ct kano, gonna learn from this and try to do even better next week.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I was kinda rooting for Vladee7r to take the quarterfinal game against Madzin, just because i'm much more familiar with A-list matchup. Those three games were the first games i've ever played against Blood God, on paper cutthroat should to fine in the matchup and it was my mistakes that cost me the 2 games I lost. I think I might have woken up a couple of my neighbours by shouting profanities after eating the last hit of b122 string in the corner and losing the first game because of it. Winning the first game would have been crucial as that would have allowed me to "counterpick" sz with cyber kano. The set was still really good, did surprisingly well against sz with ct kano, gonna learn from this and try to do even better next week.
I was at work at the time. No links to a vid so we can study the play and mu?

That CT v SZ mu is not a easy one for kano. Don't care really what paper says. It's a tough match for Kano to win.

I really want to see this.

Jupe

Noob

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
The matchup that I was saying should be good on paper was CT vs Blood God Kotal, sub zero isn't fun to deal as ct.

vod: https://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm/v/60371673?t=66m50s
Kotal's njp's, d4 & d1 are difficult to deal with on Kano's stand point. It's tough. Tough I say. But CT was good choice against Blood God. You did extremely well. Superior stuff right there.

I was wondering though. When he jumped in outside of sweep distance and a bit closer to sweep distance have you ever tried b121 string since even of wiff your stepping out of his range and can go into knifes or d4 to check him.

Again. This is really good to study from.

Thanks.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
@PrimBloodGhost

i can not believe people are saying Mileena and Johnny Alist is worse than Kano.

i died of laughter i might need to gather myself.

:coffee:
I think all three are top without doubt, but the styles are really different. Mileena (piercing) is the most well rounded of the three in my opinion, she lacks nothing.
A-list has insane pressure but lacks of true 50/50s. And Kano is a high damage safe 50/50 monster, with incredible corner game.

Jupe

Noob
was wondering though. When he jumped in outside of sweep distance and a bit closer to sweep distance have you ever tried b121 string since even of wiff your stepping out of his range and can go into knifes or d4 to check him.
Haven't tried that, gonna lab it today.