What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat Kano's Cutthroat Variation Discussion Thread

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I do have my own opinions and it got shut down. CT can jail you, but at a cost of meter and health. Also his slice is great, but I think people make it out to be too good. You just can't throw it out there willy nilly with no care. On hit it's amazing, on block you are safe but it's the other person turn.

I was reading on this Facebook MK University community that they feel CT is stupid dumb. Yes, you can make everything safe but it doesn't mean it's your turn next. If everything he throw out meant your turn next, then he would be stupid dumb.

He has a great corner game that makes you respect him and mid game as well. CT is amazing but can get zone out by varies characters like Shinook and Mileena. So I really can't say he is the best in the game, but he is top tier in up close fighting CT and Comando.
A few armored dps after db1 and its always gonna be kanos turn lol. But i agree with you about kano getting zoned out thats his biggest weakness right now the ability to get in

Tweedy

Noob
I do have my own opinions and it got shut down. CT can jail you, but at a cost of meter and health. Also his slice is great, but I think people make it out to be too good. You just can't throw it out there willy nilly with no care. On hit it's amazing, on block you are safe but it's the other person turn.

I was reading on this Facebook MK University community that they feel CT is stupid dumb. Yes, you can make everything safe but it doesn't mean it's your turn next. If everything he throw out meant your turn next, then he would be stupid dumb.

He has a great corner game that makes you respect him and mid game as well. CT is amazing but can get zone out by varies characters like Shinook and Mileena. So I really can't say he is the best in the game, but he is top tier in up close fighting CT and Comando.
Yeah but you're safe when doing a 50/50 with no gap. People complained about Kung Lao being -3 on block after mids, with a worse backdash, with gaps. There are characters with no 50/50s, characters that need meter to do 50/50s that are still unsafe, or just characters that have 50/50s that are always unsafe. Sure some other characters are safe, but they don't have a 7 frame D4, and can't use meter to be +12 or +8 if the 50/50s are blocked. Not to mention Kano has way better armor and faster pokes than D'vorah, the only character with safe 50/50s and comparable neutral to Kano.

What does zoned out even mean on this game? When you have inferior zoning tools, your opponent can control the neutral, but Kano has knives and air ball. I don't understand how zoning would kill him unless the other character has a life lead.

Gofer_MK_

Banned
Ok, dudes I just had an amazig crash playing MKX... and I lost ALL my progress... everything I unlocked... I don't know what to do...

ando1184

Noob
Ok, dudes I just had an amazig crash playing MKX... and I lost ALL my progress... everything I unlocked... I don't know what to do...
Apparently this is starting to happen to multiple people? There was a thread started about this error somewhere on tym also. I hate to say it, but unless you have online storage backup, you might have to do everything all over again :(

kantboy-2

Ripper
DB1 is one of the best moves in the entire game.

Seriously.

When something lets you get your turn time and time again, it has to be considered good.

Fix that, but leave B121 and F212 like they are because, that's the variation in a nutshell.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
DB1 is one of the best moves in the entire game.

Seriously.

When something lets you get your turn time and time again, it has to be considered good.

Fix that, but leave B121 and F212 like they are because, that's the variation in a nutshell.
It's -5. It's their turn when you use it on block.

kantboy-2

Ripper
But people fall into the B121 and F212 50/50 party thanks to it.

You are right, of course, but lack of MU knowledge against CT, it happens to opponents 90% of the time.

I still prefer Commando. :joker:

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
But people fall into the B121 and F212 50/50 party thanks to it.

You are right, of course, but lack of MU knowledge against CT, it happens to opponents 90% of the time.

I still prefer Commando. :joker:
That's not an issue with the move though lol

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Corner armor breaking setup with cutthroat, ending combo with airball gives you hard knockdown so the wakeup timing is consistent compared to other setups where you have to guess if opponent techrolls. You can use overhead or low starter.

Great work! He needs it!

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
So I've decided to try my best at picking up mkxl again before Gears comes out and my attention to the game dwindles.

I've mained cybernetic since June of last year but I was on CT & cmd day 1.

My issues with this character since I've been playing him seriously are

212, 212 rc 112. Mid screen.

212, 212, mbdb1, njp rc 32, ball to head into the corner from mid screen.

32, mbdb1, njp, b121, ball mid screen

The proper way to use d4 either for up ball or db1 or if I should be following up with knives for pressure.

And lastly anorther character that is somewhat similar to CT in mkxl that plays or as familiarity to him.

His corner game for me is fine and I don't tend to use 1,112 to much because I find it drop his combo's too off often.

Input issues I have are

Run cancels and f4 which I have not mentioned.

I aslo switched from using stick to a hitbox so I am aslo wondering if others who have used hitboxes have the same issues.

This aslo would be really great to get answers back on with online play v offline play.

Could use the help guys.

KanoBaII

Noob
Why would you ever do f212 f212 mbdb1 in the first place? Jw

And f212 f212 rc 112 is just practice like anything else

ando1184

Noob
So I've decided to try my best at picking up mkxl again before Gears comes out and my attention to the game dwindles.

I've mained cybernetic since June of last year but I was on CT & cmd day 1.

My issues with this character since I've been playing him seriously are

212, 212 rc 112. Mid screen.

212, 212, mbdb1, njp rc 32, ball to head into the corner from mid screen.

32, mbdb1, njp, b121, ball mid screen

The proper way to use d4 either for up ball or db1 or if I should be following up with knives for pressure.

And lastly anorther character that is somewhat similar to CT in mkxl that plays or as familiarity to him.

His corner game for me is fine and I don't tend to use 1,112 to much because I find it drop his combo's too off often.

Input issues I have are

Run cancels and f4 which I have not mentioned.

I aslo switched from using stick to a hitbox so I am aslo wondering if others who have used hitboxes have the same issues.

This aslo would be really great to get answers back on with online play v offline play.

Could use the help guys.
Try not to spam special inputs after a d3/d4, instead use that hit advantage to f2 check them or run cancel 32, 11, throw, or d4 again. Annoy tf outta your opponent with kanos pokes to open up those options and special cancel once they start respecting them to throw them off. As for f212 combo'd; it's easier to just do combos like f212, standing 2 db1, RC b121 ball or RC 112 mb db1 for meter combos. Believe me it's a whole lot easier than another f212 and gives you 1% more damage off his meterless bnb. Be mindful of using f4 slice as well since there's a gap and don't do d4 ex upball unless in the corner. It gets low profiled all too often since a lot of characters/players d4 post block anyway. I hope this helps bud.

villainous monk

Why would you ever do f212 f212 mbdb1 in the first place? Jw

This has always been a force of habit for me. I used to do 32 which I find constantly good to use but I have to use ball afterwards. I aslo just used s4 as well. 112 for me wiffs for me. So I burn meter. Any advice would be appreciated.

And f212 f212 rc 112 is just practice like anything else
Yes I know. Maybe it's just me with how slow or fast I'm going but I tend to wiff it more times then I can count. I find them very quick to input the rc and connect the 112 afterwards.

In practice mode it does come out I would say 7/10 times but online it's like 3/10 I do get quite discouraged still.

Any advice would help.

villainous monk

Try not to spam special inputs after a d3/d4, instead use that hit advantage to f2 check them or run cancel 32, 11, throw, or d4 again. Annoy tf outta your opponent with kanos pokes to open up those options and special cancel once they start respecting them to throw them off. As for f212 combo'd; it's easier to just do combos like f212, standing 2 db1, RC b121 ball or RC 112 mb db1 for meter combos. Believe me it's a whole lot easier than another f212 and gives you 1% more damage off his meterless bnb. Be mindful of using f4 slice as well since there's a gap and don't do d4 ex upball unless in the corner. It gets low profiled all too often since a lot of characters/players d4 post block anyway. I hope this helps bud.

I learned most of this with cyber but the f2 I do get mixed up with in CT because it switches with b2. That's a mental thing for sure. I've aslo used f33 but you know what the deal is with that slow string. I wish it would be a bit faster in my opinion.

I'll definitely try those options out. Especially since I don't see the need to use jump at all in your options.

Thx.

villainous monk

I find this variation too beginner friendly when you can just wing it to get those easy wins but taking further up the ladder is truly not easy.

I've been watching all the high level play with him but honestly he's got hard learning curve to truly bring out his potential. They make the rc look so bloody easy.

Would Shinnok or kotal be a character to learn along side CT kano?