What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat Kano's Cutthroat Variation Discussion Thread

ando1184

Noob
@Jupe good stuff at esl bud, I just wanted to ask, have you labbed comboing after an AA slice? I found that anywhere on screen either standing 2 ball or f4 ball are really good options or you can replace ball with a mb slice, b121 ball for a 30%. Just thought I'd throw that out there at you guys bc it's something I do and definitely adds to the scare factor of jumping altogether vs a good CT.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
@Jupe good stuff at esl bud, I just wanted to ask, have you labbed comboing after an AA slice? I found that anywhere on screen either standing 2 ball or f4 ball are really good options or you can replace ball with a mb slice, b121 ball for a 30%. Just thought I'd throw that out there at you guys bc it's something I do and definitely adds to the scare factor of jumping altogether vs a good CT.
I've been trying out s1/njp 2 slice into 112/b121 ball as an anti air. I'm still trash at doing it in game but in theory it's quite good.

ando1184

Noob
I've been trying out s1/njp 2 slice into 112/b121 ball as an anti air. I'm still trash at doing it in game but in theory it's quite good.
As a standard (close range AA) yes, standing 1 is the way to go but I just wanted to point out that from an AA slice you can definitely get a combo and oki. Even at max range or hit not at the peak of their jump.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
As a standard (close range AA) yes, standing 1 is the way to go but I just wanted to point out that from an AA slice you can definitely get a combo and oki. Even at max range or hit not at the peak of their jump.
Yeah it's hard to do consistently but as you say f4 is a good option. I need to do db1 more in neutral *takes notes*

ando1184

Noob
Yeah it's hard to do consistently but as you say f4 is a good option. I need to do db1 more in neutral *takes notes*
It gets really easy with practice and now as Kano mains, we should be ready for stuff like this to work since slice is definitely used more in the neutral

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I think all three are top without doubt, but the styles are really different. Mileena (piercing) is the most well rounded of the three in my opinion, she lacks nothing.
A-list has insane pressure but lacks of true 50/50s. And Kano is a high damage safe 50/50 monster, with incredible corner game.
Milena has one giant weakness unsafe 50/50s thats a big deal people just cant realize that character is not as good as everyone says she is foxy makes mileena look god like but that doesn't mean mileena is op its more foxy grandpa people just jump on the hype train without really looking at the character and they just repeat everything hear. And johhny cage doesn't have true 50/50s thats why i think cutthroat is potentially better than both these characters in the long run just my two cents

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Milena has one giant weakness unsafe 50/50s thats a big deal people just cant realize that character is not as good as everyone says she is foxy makes mileena look god like but that doesn't mean mileena is op its more foxy grandpa people just jump on the hype train without really looking at the character and they just repeat everything hear. And johhny cage doesn't have true 50/50s thats why i think cutthroat is potentially better than both these characters in the long run just my two cents
The fact that mileena doesn't have to throw out her unsafe 50/50s says a lot about the character as a whole

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
So fucking what she doesn't have safe 50/50s? Doesn't make her worse in any way. Your comment doesn't make any sense since judging characters viability based on 50/50s only is dumb.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
So fucking what she doesn't have safe 50/50s? Doesn't make her worse in any way. Your comment doesn't make any sense since judging characters viability based on 50/50s only is dumb.
Hey smart ass why dont you read my other posts were i go into more detail why i think kano is slightly better than mileena. What can mileena do to kano just b12 and sais jesus people act like kano has no options i just think people dont really know how to play mileena then they say she is the best in the game get out of here and learn the match up

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Hey smart ass why dont you read my other posts were i go into more detail why i think kano is slightly better than mileena. What can mileena do to kano just b12 and sais jesus people act like kano has no options i just think people dont really know how to play mileena then they say she is the best in the game get out of here and learn the match up
First of all, who said I think Mileena is nr 1, how the fuck do you know I need to learn the matchup. Keep guessing brah.

ando1184

Noob
Back when tempest Lao was top, it wasn't his 50/50's that really set him above the rest. He had excellent rushdown, zoning, a teleport, Metered moves, and stagger pressure. Piercing mileena now has all of that. B12 is really really good and it does give her a huge advantage over everyone, especially above Kano IMO. Her b12 can be hit confirmed into 35% meterless, it's safe and abuseable, and has great range, and AA's to boot. That's just how I look at her in comparison.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Downplay/Up-play ... (is met with opposition) ... learn the matchup ... blah blah blah...

Is posturing for and against nerfs and buffs all that we do here any more?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Seems to be the case, tym = nobody's happy with anything.
I'm gonna lay off any posturing for a while mostly by ignoring posturing posts.

I can't wait for EVO. So much drama and intrigue with the Acidic, Piercing, and A-List communities all lobbying so hard.

I just hope it's not interrupted.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Back when tempest Lao was top, it wasn't his 50/50's that really set him above the rest. He had excellent rushdown, zoning, a teleport, Metered moves, and stagger pressure. Piercing mileena now has all of that. B12 is really really good and it does give her a huge advantage over everyone, especially above Kano IMO. Her b12 can be hit confirmed into 35% meterless, it's safe and abuseable, and has great range, and AA's to boot. That's just how I look at her in comparison.
Im not saying just because mileena has no safe 50/50s that makes her bad. Im saying we have safe 50/50s and better pokes that means we have the edge upclose and she has the edge in the neutral with her zoning once we get in on her the match is even or in our favor we just have fo play really pattient.

Yes her b21 is good but seriously we have options against her as cutthroat kano our f2 has slightly more range and it can wiff punish milenas b12 not alot of moves can do that f2 can and its only one frame slower than b12. And kano can low profile mileenas b12 with d4 our d3 at close range so she just cant shotgun b12 b12 all the time. even coach steve says mileena doesnt give kano that much trouble

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I was fighting a Kano and he did nothing but press buttons. Just relentless button presses even though I blocked the majority of it. My question is when is Kano negative enough to be punished. He did the low kick, into headbut string cancelled into the knife uppercut looking move or did the overhead knife string into the same situation. I was able to get some consistent punishes on the ex version of that but other times I got d4ed out and back into the pressure. I'm just trying to understand this pressure game so I can work around it. Tips appreciated.

I was playing CSZ for a good chunk then switched to Sektor

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I was fighting a Kano and he did nothing but press buttons. Just relentless button presses even though I blocked the majority of it. My question is when is Kano negative enough to be punished. He did the low kick, into headbut string cancelled into the knife uppercut looking move or did the overhead knife string into the same situation. I was able to get some consistent punishes on the ex version of that but other times I got d4ed out and back into the pressure. I'm just trying to understand this pressure game so I can work around it. Tips appreciated.

I was playing CSZ for a good chunk then switched to Sektor
You can't punish him hehe. Ex slice is punishable but regular isn't. You have to make good reads and possible armor or backdash if he's mashing a lot.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
You can't punish him hehe. Ex slice is punishable but regular isn't. You have to make good reads and possible armor or backdash if he's mashing a lot.
That's what I ended up doing. Then just went to straight up zoning because he knew combos but would rush in a lot.

As a Kano main since vanilla. 8th Ranked with Kano on PS4 (not that impressive) but Kano in my eyes is easily, Top 5. Now when you read that you're probably thinking (IN A GAME WITH SHINNOK ALIEN AND ALL THESE GODLIKE CHARACTERS THERE IS NO WAY BLAAAAAAAAAAHHH) But listen. Kano has been snubbed in almost every Mk. always placed mid tier, always. So you're gonna just assume he is on knowledge of tier. Let me clear you on some shit. Kano has a 3 frame overhead. fastest in the whole game. It anti airs and its a mix up full screen which can be ex'd into a unblock-able grab. Sure you can block it and punish. But call me when you thing you can react to that unless who your playing spams it or you make a read. Now with all that he has 50/50's along with the best down 2 next to jax for anti air. high knifes to keep you grounded and straight ball for a good anti air or mid screen punishes. also is DB1 for a -5 pressure tool or a anti air to run cancel into a 20%-25% conversion, also can be used for spacing with the knifes. He's rarely punishable and safe on a lot of things. But on straight ball or whiff knife throw can be. along with air ball on block. Best Back dash easily and amazing pokes for spacing. His 50/50's are unfuzziable and also can be high damage off of a wrong guess by the opponent. B12 into EX DD1 into F212 F212 run cancel into 112 cannonball for at least 40+ plus damage off a mix up. Same for B31 A low mix-up. when used correctly he's a absolute monster with mix ups, Spacing zoning and so much more. I wish people see what i see with him. But oh well. anyways If you wanna see how Kano in my eyes should be played. and Kano in general ( i use all varies just switched from a cyber main to cutthroat But also play commando) Check me out and my clan on YouTube or twitch you tube is XShdwX V & D or for twitch check out @ Twitch.tv/XShdwXGaming anyways This is my opinion tell me what y'all think. Peace- DeMoN

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Just wondering, but what MU gives Kano a lot of fits/trouble for u guys considering the fact that he seems to hv everyone one can ask for, good footsies, safe 50/50's, insanely good backdash, solid AA and one of the best d3/d4 in the game, solid buttons in general

Just wondering, but what MU gives Kano a lot of fits/trouble for u guys considering the fact that he seems to hv everyone one can ask for, good footsies, safe 50/50's, insanely good backdash, solid AA and one of the best d3/d4 in the game, solid buttons in general
believe it or not kenshi really Counters. Kano. His push and shadow man shit makes it so he can't just throw knifes or ball. Which is what kano needs to get it or maintain control. But overall top 3 counter picks for CT kano are IMO 1.kenshi 2. Grandmaster sub. And tremor but not sure about that one since he got nerfed-DeMoN

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Takeda, GM sub and mileena are not too easy. Kotals reach is annoying. Quan is hard until you get in.

NHDR

Noob
Sub-Zero (GM)
Takeda (Lasher, Shirai-Ryu)
Kenshi (Balanced)
Alien (Acidic)
Shinnok (Impostor)

Just off the top of my head. I'm thinking either an extreme zoner gives him trouble or a character that can control the mid-range and challenge his DB1 spacing.