What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat Kano's Cutthroat Variation Discussion Thread

Jupe

Noob
I felt the same way, but now I'm spoiled with how safe they've made blade slice so they better not touch this variation anymore. I also preferred prepatch buff, it really didn't need to be comboed into with everything.
I think the db1 buff was the only thing that was needed. He had so many bad mus where he couldn't use any specials on block, so he would never have any meter. To be safe, he could only do max 2 hits on block or 3 with b121, but its range was so bad you wouldn't be using it in neutral.

NHDR

Noob
If I had to balance CT Kano, I'd remove his air ball OH properties and make EX Up Ball more punishable on block. Safe DB1 was honestly more than enough.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
If I had to balance CT Kano, I'd remove his air ball OH properties and make EX Up Ball more punishable on block. Safe DB1 was honestly more than enough.
"More punishable". It's safe and should be safe tbh. It's like 13% for a bar.

NHDR

Noob
"More punishable". It's safe and should be safe tbh. It's like 13% for a bar.
I've seen players use it to wake up and then not get punished for it. Its almost like a free ticket out of oki. Don't get me wrong, as a CT player I love having it. But if I had to rationally balance Kano, that would be one of the two things I touch. He is otherwise perfect. And non-ex DB1 finally has the use it should have always had.

ando1184

Noob
I've seen players use it to wake up and then not get punished for it. Its almost like a free ticket out of oki. Don't get me wrong, as a CT player I love having it. But if I had to rationally balance Kano, that would be one of the two things I touch. He is otherwise perfect. And non-ex DB1 finally has the use it should have always had.
That's the whole point of it though, you're spending a bar to wakeup safely.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Bait it and whiff punish. Upball is fine. 13(?)% for a bar is fine. It's like -6 so if they block it you're still in a bad spot.

NHDR

Noob
That's the whole point of it though, you're spending a bar to wakeup safely.
I've always felt that all wake-up options should be punishable if blocked. One of the things that pissed me off with SF4 was mashing SRK on wake-up and then just FADC'ing to safety. As I said, I love it as a Kano player. The only time I'm okay with giving a character a get-out-of-jail-free move is when said character has low vitality.

Gofer_MK_

Banned
Any one knows a dude called LIlboatbigship? He has a very good Kano, so is Gametime and Noobe (I have ssen him around here). Annnd I heard Reo is taking CT Kano seriously, but he lost to Blake at ESL today.

Jupe

Noob
Any one knows a dude called LIlboatbigship? He has a very good Kano, so is Gametime and Noobe (I have ssen him around here). Annnd I heard Reo is taking CT Kano seriously, but he lost to Blake at ESL today.
lilboat eliminated Pig from esl. It was very obvious that pig didn't know ct kano mu, but Lilboat definitely played kano very well.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Idk if we can really go the full length and say he requires good fundamentals. IMO that ship sailed as soon as September patch changed the properties of EX buff.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I doubt that anyone sees Kano within the top 3 at this point. I am not too worried about anyone tier whoring...
As people said: it is pretty though making Kano work.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Oh there are people that see him as top 3 alright lol. But people phase through variations as they eventually get exposed to them. "OMG Cutthroat is stupid!" "Dude you can't do ANYTHING about Demo's grenades!" "Holy shit Mileena's B12 though!" "Bruuhhhhh Ruthelss Ferra/Torr is brooookkkkkeee"

It's just how it works with this community because NOBODY LABS ANYTHING *sigh*

ando1184

Noob
Idk if we can really go the full length and say he requires good fundamentals. IMO that ship sailed as soon as September patch changed the properties of EX buff.
I was referring to Kano as a whole. He is a very fundamentally developed character for this game.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
Blue Kano reminds me of Ryu from Street Fighter. He'll teach you fundamentals like; delaying wake-ups to help counter his OKI, how to anti-air like a boss, whiff punishing 101, hit or block-confirming before canceling into the appropriate special move, and being a nice guy at the end of a match by saying, "Nothing personal," instead of the typical tea-baggery canceled into Fatality.