What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat Kano's Cutthroat Variation Discussion Thread

Gofer_MK_

Banned
I might be wrong, but didn't 112 and b12 ex buff use to be like +10-14? Now I get poked out. I'm guessing pokes still beat out their pokes but it got the reptile treatment I guess.
You are kidding right? Soo Ex Buff is usless on block now, it does not guarantee pressure? Oh well, at least we can combo with it...

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I might be wrong, but didn't 112 and b12 ex buff use to be like +10-14? Now I get poked out. I'm guessing pokes still beat out their pokes but it got the reptile treatment I guess.
What you should try is b121 ex buff f212
That was a true block string. Set to reversal and if they always armor out then yeh. It got toned down

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Sounds like they're still the same, B121 was +14 and F2 is 12 frames so even if they did change it it would only be by like a frame.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Nah they're still the same, for anyone wondering the exact frame data it's

B12 xx Ex Buff: +9
B121 xx Ex Buff: + 14
4 xx Ex Buff: +15
112 xx Ex Buff: +3
b31 xx Ex Buff: +9
b3 xx Ex Buff: +3
32 xx Ex Buff: +2
f2 xx Ex Buff: +3
f21 xx Ex Buff: +3
Was confusing b12 w b121

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Guys, Cutthroat is TOTALLY mid-low tier. I think he needs buffs actually. How about his day 1 EX buff damage back?
I'll take A LOT of day 1 things back for kano but his buff is still good.

I even use it just as armor when I'm up close baiting them to use a string or throw a projectile or even if I catch them opening up.

Then it's on.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
How the hell is Kano all of the sudden Top Tier as hell
Someone mentioned him as S tier..Mind blown

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
How the hell is Kano all of the sudden Top Tier as hell
Someone mentioned him as S tier..Mind blown
Increased range on b1 means he probably has the strongest 50/50 game in the entirety of MKX. -5 on blade slice means he can mix up his strings and catch people trying to mash stuff, also makes f21 100% safe on block. Chip and meter build nerf didn't affect him much.

Reauxbot

Increased range on b1 means he probably has the strongest 50/50 game in the entirety of MKX. -5 on blade slice means he can mix up his strings and catch people trying to mash stuff, also makes f21 100% safe on block. Chip and meter build nerf didn't affect him much.
Is this in all his variations? I wanna try out commando. How good is that variation?
That his best one?

Reauxbot

the b1 thing must have been just now. I just read in the commando forum how it sucked lol.

NHDR

Noob
Kano CT is realllllllly good.

-Projectile can zone decently and also counter-zone
-DB1 pretty much makes everything safe
-Has multiple AA options
-Has a 50/50 game that is very safe
-Has amazing range with DB1 and F21
-Good comeback factor with his power up

Not much to complain about. I guess he still needs meter to work and his power up is very situation-dependent. But he's very strong and also quite complete.