What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat Kano's Cutthroat Variation Discussion Thread

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
You mean f21(?). Is ex safe as well? This is a strong buff as db1 is his best footsie tool
Well yeah all of strings that might be unsafe now have a way to be safe. I doubt Ex would be safe, but it's not like it really matters, throwing out Ex moves with Cutthroat isn't the best thing to do.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Well yeah all of strings that might be unsafe now have a way to be safe. I doubt Ex would be safe, but it's not like it really matters, throwing out Ex moves with Cutthroat isn't the best thing to do.
Yeah it's fine, the restand with db1 is great and it allows for stagger with b31/b12 with/without db1

Edit it's not a restand but keeps them standing

NHDR

Noob
Woah, DB1 is safe on block? Yooooooo, looks like I'll be playing CT again. That's HUGE. You can pretty much throw it out for free. And it has great range! This is honestly all kinds of awesome. Also, EX DB1 being -15 is no problem. It could be -50 and it still wouldn't matter, its only to be used through a valid hit-confirm or punish situation.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
So Cutthroat gets buffed and Cyber gets nerfed...
People are way over reacting to all of this buff nerf stuff.

This is a patch in progress and it isn't even the final game. This beta is giving NRS thousands of testers and I'm sure there are more changes to come.

Deep breaths people. Cyber is still better in the sub MU. Lol

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Whilst I know these beta changes are not confirmed, they have not left me feeling easy regarding the state of this game come March.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
People are way over reacting to all of this buff nerf stuff.

This is a patch in progress and it isn't even the final game. This beta is giving NRS thousands of testers and I'm sure there are more changes to come.

Deep breaths people. Cyber is still better in the sub MU. Lol
It's true that the patch is in progress, but a gap in B1(3) is a huge nerf for Cyber. It's not changing because the gap was basically created for the new universal grappling changings. So while Commando for sure will benefit from this, Cyber takes an equally reverse hit. Unless they give him a new variation string or something to compensate for the change its gonna make some MUs tip the other way.

Wait wtf just happened. Cutthroat gets 2 substantial buffs and Cybernetic gets left in the dust and stepped on.

I think it's safe to say that Cutthroat is now officially a Top 10 char. @Phosferrax @Youphemism @MsMiharo @SaltShaker @AK L0rdoftheFLY @ Any other Kano player.
Bruh, I'm just hopping in the beta and searched for a while to matchmake with my friend to see if LOTF was having a placebo effect but it seems true. Hard to explain but that "sweet" range where B1 used to whiff on crouchers sometimes is not whiffing at all, and that's against a Cassie. He still goes backwards but the knife slicing seems to hit at the edge of the knife now for much better consistency.

DB1 being safe is huge for the neutral and extra chip/pressure after F2. Now we can also better use armor on their follow up attack since its -5. We made it, we finally made it. Let's just not get too loud. Don't forget what happened last time we got a buff.

9/1/15
#NeverForget

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I'm still hesitant to say anything before the changes are official. I heard Ketchup say Mustard said Commando is buh-roke now but I'm not buying it (yet). Cutthroat looks amazing on paper now. Requires good execution though.

Did Cyber get no buffs?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
It's true that the patch is in progress, but a gap in B1(3) is a huge nerf for Cyber. It's not changing because the gap was basically created for the new universal grappling changings. So while Commando for sure will benefit from this, Cyber takes an equally reverse hit. Unless they give him a new variation string or something to compensate for the change its gonna make some MUs tip the other way.
Instead of adjusting the block frames on B1, could they not just make one of Commando's command grabs slower (as weird as that may sound) to give it more potential ticks?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Instead of adjusting the block frames on B1, could they not just make one of Commando's command grabs slower (as weird as that may sound) to give it more potential ticks?
Yup. Being that he has two grabs, one forward pushing and one side switching, imo the better way would have been doing that to one of the grabs while leaving the other the same. That way no variation has to suffer.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Well you crybabies that forgot stamina existed got your luxury buff, huzzah.

:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE Nah but seriously that's decent, now it won't take as much effort to be so close for mixups and little chance of whiffing :p