What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat Kano's Cutthroat Variation Discussion Thread

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It's possible to do f212 njp 4xxdb1 11 112xxbf3 for 37%, it's only 1% more thought. The combo I use from f212 is:
f212 b12db1 112bf3 for 35%. It's easy enough and I'm pretty sure it deals more damage with 1 bar ex db1 extend than the combos with njp in them
I didn't think of this. I typically stuck to LOTF's combo whenever I wall carried with F2 and just went meterless. This one looks really good too. If you're going for Max Damage or are using buff and wanna EX, what's the optimal follow up if you do EX DB1 instead of the regular DB1?

Jupe

Noob
I didn't think of this. I typically stuck to LOTF's combo whenever I wall carried with F2 and just went meterless. This one looks really good too. If you're going for Max Damage or are using buff and wanna EX, what's the optimal follow up if you do EX DB1 instead of the regular DB1?
Sorry I might be too tired to understand, but if I understood correct and you wanna continue the f212 b12db1 112 with EXdb1, you can continue with exdb1 ji1 112bf3

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
We now have a 58% 2 bar corner combo off of Kano's overhead.

b12xxEXdd3, f212, b12xxdb1, 112xxEXdb1, ji1, 112xxbf3.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The njp after ex db1 is the same no matter where it hits in the combo. Practice will make it consistent.

Your right though jip is easier. Online go for the jip 100%

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
In the corner, something Isaac said a while back was to end corner combos with UpBall instead which I started doing when I wasn't going for a buff. It games so fast in the corner for them.

Any time I know I'm not going to Buff on the KD I end in UpBall. The restand is so fast they have to think within a split second. Sometimes they may not even use a WU because it's so fast and you get a clean 50/50, other times they may panic due to the pace and mash an armored WU that you can block and punish. We all know how precious the spacing is for that OH, and this leaves you directly on top so it won't whiff.

It's only 1% less damage in combos and gives you completely different pressure options. Not sure how well known or often used this is but it's been effective for me so I thought I'd share.

Last edited:

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
do you find b312 b312 combos to be consistent? I have to do b312 32 112 bf3 to make sure i don't drop it. I practice it alot but can;t ever get it 100%
I'm the say way b321 b321 is less consistent for me so I use what your using and can hit it no problem.

I Dont think you loose to much damage either and if you do I Dont think its so much that its worth it if you can't get it 100%

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
In the corner, something Isaac said a while back was to end corner combos with UpBall instead which I started doing when I wasn't going for a buff. It games so fast in the corner for them.

Any time I know I'm not going to Buff on the KD I end in UpBall. The restand is so fast they have to think within a split second. Sometimes they may not even use a WU because it's so fast and you get a clean 50/50, other times they may panic due to the pace and mash an armored WU that you can block and punish. We all know how precious the spacing is for that OH, and this leaves you directly on top so it won't whiff.

It's only 1% less damage in combos and gives you completely different pressure options. Not sure how well known or often used this is but it's been effective for me so I thought I'd share.
I used it a lot when I used to play CT a lot. Another nice thing is that it'll never whiff at the end of your combos as bf3 can do. In the corner ex buff cancels are actually worth it on block too (as you can get high meterless conversions off of ANOTHER 50/50) so losing the window to buff is no biggie. If I'm out of bar bf3 is the better option though.

Jupe

Noob
do you find b312 b312 combos to be consistent? I have to do b312 32 112 bf3 to make sure i don't drop it. I practice it alot but can;t ever get it 100%
No I actually suck with that combo and when you press buttons too early, you can get b312 grab which gets them out of the corner. I think with enough practice that combo shouldn't be too difficult to get consistantly, but I'm too lazy to practice that, and thus also do b312 32 112bf3 or b312 11db1 112bf3.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
B312 B312 is pretty consistent for me as long as I'm timing it right, might be a little harder against females but doesn't seem too bad once you get it down.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
No doubt, Cutthroat is scary in the corner. Switching between b12xxdb1 and b31xxdb1 really mind fucks people. The damage adds up real quick too.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
I don't know what is wrong with me... Anyway, some tips on the timing of those combos?
Hard moments are D3 and NJP, you should connect D3 when opponent is near the ground or you can do 11 instead of D3, and when you NJP you should hit when kano start to fall

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Has anyone seen the new video that pnd mustard put up pretty interesting stuff.
Pig and I were talking about this last week and yes it is very good. Harder to do than I thought but its very good.

Yeah it's pretty old though. He asks why it isn't worth it but doesn't seem to mention the fact that ex buff drains your health lol.
so what...on block your safe, they are still in the corner and you lose up to 15% but you have the tactical advantage and may open them up again.

On hit you do 60% and after your done, they are in the same position and you can debuff while only losing 7%. I'll trade 7% for 60% and I would also trade 15% to scare the shit out of them and still be safe.

Pig and I were talking about this last week and yes it is very good. Harder to do than I thought but its very good.

so what...on block your safe, they are still in the corner and you lose up to 15% but you have the tactical advantage and may open them up again.

On hit you do 60% and after your done, they are in the same position and you can debuff while only losing 7%. I'll trade 7% for 60% and I would also trade 15% to scare the shit out of them and still be safe.
Speaking of safe, you can get a safe buff by doing b121 it's good for trying to bait out unsafe moves. Unless you know, you're cassie and she does ex getaway flip so then she chips you and you have your health drain for a moment.

EDIT: Actually it isn't completely use against cassie in the corner because she can't do anything other than her b1 but you can backdash it.

Last edited:

I$AAC

Noob
I don't expect this to set the world on fire, but I made a quick vid showing the cutthroat corner shenanigans Kano has. After blade slice you get another 50/50 setup and I like to end combos with upball because it gives a quick rise situation if they are mashing buttons. Of they do a wakeup you can still block it. The only other thing they can do is delay get up which will take away their wake up chances away and try to block another 50/50.

As you can see, a couple of right guesses in the corner and you could possibly take the round.