What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat Kano's Cutthroat Variation Discussion Thread

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yeah; I know the outcry and confusion was mainly over buff/EXbuff (deservedly so); but I just thought it was funny how nobody even mentioned the plus frames on hit that we got. I was mainly tounge in cheek 'bout callin' it knee jerk per say. Shoulda thrown that adorable little doge on that post.
Haha yup.

I think with the overall changes, F4 might be his best normal in Cutt. It's really, really good now and opens up a multitude of options.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Ok so I did a quick test of f4 against sub zero recorded to do d4 and I'm gonna try to get into this more but for right now I've found you have to read the d4 coming and catch him before the leg is fully extended.

If his leg was fully extended I would get hit out of it most of the time the only time I went over it while the leg was extended was if I stood further back but I would wiff the f4 just going over the d4 but not actually connecting the hit.

It was hard to tell when I actually hit if I caught it right before the leg was extended or if got used to the timing and hit because I knew it was coming.

I'm gonna try and test on d3 and d1 and different characters d4 as well since every character has different animations so it could be character specific to

Disclaimer: Dont take this as fact I just did some quick testing before I was about to lay down so this isn't set in stone kinda just something to work with for now

NHDR

Noob
I know the power up nerf sucks but I think CT Kano is still good! I think he's the best at playing MKX.

-F21 for pressure and forcing button mashing
-F4 setups
-DB1 being safe against a portion of characters
-EX DB1 for ground bounce
-Knife still good for zoning or at least stalling.
-EX knife great for + frames
-B1 overhead for the surprise setups
-Good range on pokes!

Great range and a solid variety of tools. The power up nerf sucks but I didn't use it anyway. *shrug*

ando1184

Noob
I don't think there was a "bad" overreaction so to say. People were rightfully upset because they took an amazing technical tool on a variation that everyone agreed was ok, and nerfed it's utility, damage, and added DoT, while still not fixing things like Comm issues, knives whiffing, etc. Meanwhile other characters got uber buffed. The outcry was fully justified imo.

With that being said, I think the only true overreaction was the bottom 5 talk, but with the salt at an all time high I can understand the frustration as I felt the same.

I'm finding some really good stuff, and think the character is still manageable, but I'll rarely be using EX Buff in block strings. The only string that it would be perfect for high +frames is F4~, so you can be close enough to hit B1 without moving in, but coincidentally that's the one filler that isn't + enough to use to advantage lol. So I'll stick to Slice and EX Slice, especially with it being safe against everything 2 specials.
Yes but if the DoT is gonna stay, they need to change the descriptions in the movelist for the 2 versions of the buffs. I would like them to get rid of it altogether but if it stays I'd like them to remove it on the non MB version of the move since the reward for the ex version seems to be extending combos now. Plus there's no difference in damage increase between the 2 so at least give a plus side to the buff somewhere.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yes but if the DoT is gonna stay, they need to change the descriptions in the movelist for the 2 versions of the buffs. I would like them to get rid of it altogether but if it stays I'd like them to remove it on the non MB version of the move since the reward for the ex version seems to be extending combos now. Plus there's no difference in damage increase between the 2 so at least give a plus side to the buff somewhere.
No don't get me wrong, I still think EX Buff was an ass change. I think they should either make the damage worth it like 47% 1 bar B1/B3/F4 BnB's with DoT, or 41-42% 1 Bar BnB's with no DoT. Inexcusable in its current state and it's more effective to use the old EX DB1 combos.

It's just incredibly stupid that EX Buff and Regular buff now do the same damage and the same DoT health drain. Doesn't even make sense when you think about it lol.

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
Compromise: your lost health regenerates at twice the rate it was drained when buff ends, provided you aren't hit. You can still block and regen.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
No even 5% is unacceptable imo, both buffs shouldn't take DoT imo. At this point there's almost no point to ever do regular buff.
To me it's actually the opposite. There's almost no reason to use EX Buff unless I have a big life lead and use it to counter punish with armor. Situational at best. If I'm gonna use it in neutral might as well do regular buff and save the meter haha.

ando1184

Noob
To me it's actually the opposite. There's almost no reason to use EX Buff unless I have a big life lead and use it to counter punish with armor. Situational at best. If I'm gonna use it in neutral might as well do regular buff and save the meter haha.
Has anyone tested to see if buff still goes away when hit?

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
No, I really like that you posted this in two threads, and neither of them were the combo thread.

kobrafan79

R.I.P Kobra 2004-2015 we hardly knew ye.
Has anyone noticed how much easier it is to armor through one hit attacks after the patch the window for it seems alot bigger.

kobrafan79

Yeah its really easy to do now you can even check people with b3, d3 and 3 and still armor before they hit you so you get extra damage on top of the damage you get from the combo punish.

kobrafan79

Oh well celebrate all the small victories im sure theyll fix there mistake this was a small patch nothing gamechanging.

OmeMark

Ps4 / Kano
Kano (CutThroat) - Adjusted the armor frames of Charge Up to compensate for the faster startup
So what does this new patch bring us then? I don't quite understand.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Kano (CutThroat) - Adjusted the armor frames of Charge Up to compensate for the faster startup
So what does this new patch bring us then? I don't quite understand.
Basically when they sped the move up to be able to use it in combos, the armor window got sped up as well, so it was difficult to impossible to practically use. So, in the fix they slowed down the armor window to be usable.

If you want. I mean, it's a pretty shitty idea now and you'd be better off using something else, but whatever.