What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat Kano's Cutthroat Variation Discussion Thread

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
F4xxEx ball accomplishes that already. Last thing we need is more redundant additions lol.

B1,3xxEx ball is a thing too.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
So I don't think I'm ever playing cutthroat online again. It's so painful oh god the horror.

Also, Cassie JUST said "git git git up get down!"

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
So I don't think I'm ever playing cutthroat online again. It's so painful oh god the horror.

Also, Cassie JUST said "git git git up get down!"
It's not an issue for me, I've been winning. F4 into slice all day. And d3 followed by the overhead. When d3 connects your opponents fatass heads extends forward and in doing so extends the hitbox juuuuust enough to where you can hit them with b1.

It's my golden ticket. Seeing as how I can't land any huge combos online literally all I do is maybe hit combos in like the mid 30% and just frame trap them until the break of dawn. Lots of rage, lots of fun lol

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
How safe is f4 knife? Is the pushback enough to make it safe in some MU? Could be something to explore to allow free pressure/50/50

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
F4 buff was definitely a hidden gem. Now off of a low poke read we can low crush with it into rc 50/50. Its such a good footsie tool

FlappyDaniel

How safe is f4 knife? Is the pushback enough to make it safe in some MU? Could be something to explore to allow free pressure/50/50
Have to be careful. I havent tested recently but before F4 would cause some people to like recoil too much and bend over at the gut and cause regular knife to whiff. I use F4xxExBall cancel, etc... too to catch people sometimes. If somebody has gotten used to you cancelling F4 into something (Slice, Choke, whatever) then they're more likely to block it of course.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Have to be careful. I havent tested recently but before F4 would cause some people to like recoil too much and bend over at the gut and cause regular knife to whiff. I use F4xxExBall cancel, etc... too to catch people sometimes. If somebody has gotten used to you cancelling F4 into something (Slice, Choke, whatever) then they're more likely to block it of course.
I meant df2. Not sure if that was clear

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I haven't found F4 low crush consistent either. Sometimes I still get hit with the low, even low profile lows like Sub. Is there a timing thing going on that I'm missing?

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I haven't found F4 low crush consistent either. Sometimes I still get hit with the low, even low profile lows like Sub. Is there a timing thing going on that I'm missing?
Yea I do get hit sometimes so there probably is a certain timing. Maybe it has something to do with the active frames of the low poke idk I'll test it out when I get off work

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yea I do get hit sometimes so there probably is a certain timing. Maybe it has something to do with the active frames of the low poke idk I'll test it out when I get off work
Sounds good. Yea it's one of those things we'll have to master on when to throw it out to hit the crush the most often. Because it definitely works.

FlappyDaniel

If you guys havent since the patch you should really take a look in his movelist and see how many moves/strings he got changed to 20+ Frames on hit. They made the change to normals across the board; but they seem to benefit CT by far and away the most.