What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat Kano's Cutthroat Variation Discussion Thread

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Idk if this is known and if so my bad but I was in lab and found you can exball between kung Laos 44(the overhead kick string) and the two hit high low string he has I forgot the inputs tho I'm not at home to check

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
So you're telling me that like 3 threads got created arguing and complaining about CT's changes; but from the look of it none of you even thought to try using his massive added + frames for guaranteed 50/50 setups? Talk about kneejerk.

@HuttonMD Yeah, there's a known gap there. You can parry it which means you can EX ball since it has 1 frame startup.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Idk if this is known and if so my bad but I was in lab and found you can exball between kung Laos 44(the overhead kick string) and the two hit high low string he has I forgot the inputs tho I'm not at home to check
You can parry 44 and look swag as fuck

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
So you're telling me that like 3 threads got created arguing and complaining about CT's changes; but from the look of it none of you even thought to try using his massive added + frames for guaranteed 50/50 setups? Talk about kneejerk.

@HuttonMD Yeah, there's a known gap there. You can parry it which means you can EX ball since it has 1 frame startup.
Meanwhile commando mains got their grab setup altered

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles

I just never see ppl try it and I Dont see most kung Laos try to stagger that high low string so it seems like an easy punish.

I do agree about ppl jumping the gun saying kano was bottom five lol but I was more upset because they kinda went crazy with exbuff. a lot of ppl were freaking out that we could be +14 on block exbuff and not even knowing that we now can get more + frames on hit with no meter.

I think we should stop talking about this by the way ppl may riot

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash

It doesn't matter how + you are after a 11 or F4 on hit with Cutthroat considering how anytime he touches you he does around 40%. And everything he does is easily hit confirmable so outside of F4 I can't see this being all that important.

FlappyDaniel

Meanwhile commando mains got their grab setup altered
yes and F4xxChoke whiffs more XD

It doesn't matter how + you are after a 11 or F4 on hit with Cutthroat considering how anytime he touches you he does around 40%. And everything he does is easily hit confirmable so outside of F4 I can't see this being all that important.
yes you're likely right; F4 is likely the biggest change for CT; but I'll have to check what else got + frames added; as it will likely effect CT's game regardless.

ando1184

Warrior
Well f4 I can see the + frames being handy but 11 is hit confirmable so why not just get the rest of the combo?

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I guess that is true of 11 being +22 doesn't matter much because if you hit 11 why not do full combo off of it for 40% instead of risking getting nothing off them blocking 50/50

FlappyDaniel

yeah, I was just lookin at the movelist yesterday and noticed that 11 had 22 plus frames and 112 didn't; so I thought it was weird to give the 11 the plus frames

ando1184

Warrior
yeah, I was just lookin at the movelist yesterday and noticed that 11 had 22 plus frames and 112 didn't; so I thought it was weird to give the 11 the plus frames
Well for commando I could see it being useful to setup a command throw or a regular throw for the other variations if you're trying to prevent breaker or close a round/match. But for cyber and cutthroat it's kind of pointless when you can go for max damage on a hit confirm for every other situation.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I guess its just another way to make it easier if you can't hit confirm so even if you mess up you can still get a chance to make something out of it

NHDR

Dojo Trainee
@MsMiharo

I feel like the F4 xx knife toss should be unsafe, at least according to frame data (isn't the knife more than -6 on block?). I did have whiffing issues with D4 xx knife as cutthroat, since it hits high. My memory is hazy so I'll have to re-do it all in the lab. My go-to now is F4 xx blade slice, its -8: punishable, but still deceptively safe.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
@MsMiharo

I feel like the F4 xx knife toss should be unsafe, at least according to frame data (isn't the knife more than -6 on block?). I did have whiffing issues with D4 xx knife as cutthroat, since it hits high. My memory is hazy so I'll have to re-do it all in the lab. My go-to now is F4 xx blade slice, its -8: punishable, but still deceptively safe.
I THINK knife is -9 making it safe-ish but I'm pretty sure there's a gap so you can get poked out of it.

Edit in game frame data says -7 so that should be safe but again - whiffs.

ando1184

Warrior
I THINK knife is -9 making it safe-ish but I'm pretty sure there's a gap so you can get poked out of it.

Edit in game frame data says -7 so that should be safe but again - whiffs.
Yeh ya definitely have to be careful with d4, regular knife because d2 punishes that hard :(

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I don't think there was a "bad" overreaction so to say. People were rightfully upset because they took an amazing technical tool on a variation that everyone agreed was ok, and nerfed it's utility, damage, and added DoT, while still not fixing things like Comm issues, knives whiffing, etc. Meanwhile other characters got uber buffed. The outcry was fully justified imo.

With that being said, I think the only true overreaction was the bottom 5 talk, but with the salt at an all time high I can understand the frustration as I felt the same.

I'm finding some really good stuff, and think the character is still manageable, but I'll rarely be using EX Buff in block strings. The only string that it would be perfect for high +frames is F4~, so you can be close enough to hit B1 without moving in, but coincidentally that's the one filler that isn't + enough to use to advantage lol. So I'll stick to Slice and EX Slice, especially with it being safe against everything 2 specials.

FlappyDaniel

Yeah; I know the outcry and confusion was mainly over buff/EXbuff (deservedly so); but I just thought it was funny how nobody even mentioned the plus frames on hit that we got. I was mainly tounge in cheek 'bout callin' it knee jerk per say. Shoulda thrown that adorable little doge on that post.