What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Personally, i think if you're going to run Kano in tournament, Cutthroat is your best bet. It has good footsie and whiff punishing tools, a little counter zoning, a 50/50 and safe, big damage set ups.

Better than the other two for sure.
I think its personal preference.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
First learn how to spell the I might apologize. what does getting top 16 prove? Nothing.. Alucard got top 4 at his major. Does that mean kotal is good?? Stay free and keep up playing. God knows someone has to for each character forum
Are you honestly so stupid and/or ignorant that you don't even know that other countries don't speak or write in American English? Wow... War God Kotal is a decent variation: mixups, insane range on both jump attacks and launching normals, good damage. Sorry all you can possibly fathom is that every character in the game sucks and is unviable but you're the only one who can't seem to get that both Kano and Kotal (especially now with his buffs) are at least kinda viable in the tournament scene. Guess what variation Insaynne eliminated Maxter with to get out of pools? Cybernetic. Keep on downplaying, or maybe go learn how to play the game.

And what does getting top 16 prove? Seriously? Are you literally dropping IQ points as you type? If the character wasn't viable in the tournament scene noone would win with him yet here Insaynne is making it to top 16 with the character. Sometimes I wonder if you even think...

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Are you honestly so stupid and/or ignorant that you don't even know that other countries don't speak or write in American English? Wow... War God Kotal is a decent variation: mixups, insane range on both jump attacks and launching normals, good damage. Sorry all you can possibly fathom is that every character in the game sucks and is unviable but you're the only one who can't seem to get that both Kano and Kotal (especially now with his buffs) are at least kinda viable in the tournament scene. Guess what variation Insaynne eliminated Maxter with to get out of pools? Cybernetic. Keep on downplaying, or maybe go learn how to play the game.

And what does getting top 16 prove? Seriously? Are you literally dropping IQ points as you type? If the character wasn't viable in the tournament scene noone would win with him yet here Insaynne is making it to top 16 with the character. Sometimes I wonder if you even think...
Did you see his pool?! Are you seriously telling me he had it hard to get to top 16 losers. Nothing against him in sure he's a good player but let's not pretend he had to fight any top player. Lol kotal is average but my point still stands. Lol it's funny seeing you fight so hard to defend this character when literally everysingle person besides you and insaynne think he is mid to low.. It must suck to constantly be wrong

haketh

Noob
Did you see his pool?! Are you seriously telling me he had it hard to get to top 16 losers. Nothing against him in sure he's a good player but let's not pretend he had to fight any top player. Lol kotal is average but my point still stands. Lol it's funny seeing you fight so hard to defend this character when literally everysingle person besides you and insaynne think he is mid to low.. It must suck to constantly be wrong
Can you legit not read? Youph has Kano in the mid tier

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

Why is Kotal average? That's what I'm asking.

From where i stand, just looking at his tools in War God, he has everything you need to be good in this game.

Advancing mid strings that can be made safe with his mid-hitting sword attack.

A 50/50 off any string with his two sword attacks.

Armor.

Fast downpokes that give him a lot of + frames on hit.

Whiff punishing with b1(the string that looks like an uppercut) and his sword attacks.

Good run/walk speed. The OH/Low Sword is punishable, but not by everyone due to pushback and heavy block stun.

I may have mentioned this, but War God does big damage when he touches you.

So what is wrong with Kotal Kahn? Why is he bad/not viable?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Why is Kotal average? That's what I'm asking.

From where i stand, just looking at his tools in War God, he has everything you need to be good in this game.

Advancing mid strings that can be made safe with his mid-hitting sword attack.

A 50/50 off any string with his two sword attacks.

Armor.

Fast downpokes that give him a lot of + frames on hit.

Whiff punishing with b1(the string that looks like an uppercut) and his sword attacks.

Good run/walk speed. The OH/Low Sword is punishable, but not by everyone due to pushback and heavy block stun.

I may have mentioned this, but War God does big damage when he touches you.

So what is wrong with Kotal Kahn? Why is he bad/not viable?
I will be honest. I do not know enough about kotal to comment on him. This is from what other top players have told me.

NHDR

Noob
Kano should be in accordance with other characters being buffed. If pure zoning characters become any weaker they'll become irrelevant. I'd settle for Cyber getting a better AA kano ball or AA laser. That seems reasonable since those moves are SUPPOSED to AA anyway.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Kano should be in accordance with other characters being buffed. If pure zoning characters become any weaker they'll become irrelevant. I'd settle for Cyber getting a better AA kano ball or AA laser. That seems reasonable since those moves are SUPPOSED to AA anyway.
no they arent. b1 is the only aa you need.

NHDR

Noob
Both moves travel vertically up. The eye laser is never used because it sucks as an AA, while the upwards kano ball also has the same trajectory. What else would they be used for? What purpose would the upward kano ball serve that the standard kano ball wouldn't, if not used as an anti-air?

ando1184

Noob
Both moves travel vertically up. The eye laser is never used because it sucks as an AA, while the upwards kano ball also has the same trajectory. What else would they be used for? What purpose would the upward kano ball serve that the standard kano ball wouldn't, if not used as an anti-air?
I gotta agree with you about up ball. Today I fought a really good Tanya at a local and even on read I couldn't AA her because either it whiffed, traded, or flat out got beat by her jump 1. A jump 1, really?!?

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I'm going to be completely honest. I want y'all to keep complaining. I can't wait to have tools that I don't need because of you guys. So thanks! Keep it coming!
They need to nerf Kano BIG time. His knives are just TOO good, and his strings are all not unsafe enough.
You enjoy your time at ECT?

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
They need to nerf Kano BIG time. His knives are just TOO good, and his strings are all not unsafe enough.
You enjoy your time at ECT?
Actually I don't feel like ECT was ran really well. I enjoyed my time with friends but the main tournament day was just run pretty poorly to me. I won't get into it though that's a topic for another time. This is about Kano not being good enough and needing buffs :)

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Actually I don't feel like ECT was ran really well. I enjoyed my time with friends but the main tournament day was just run pretty poorly to me. I won't get into it though that's a topic for another time. This is about Kano not being good enough and needing buffs :)
On the topic of Kano needing buffs. The only thing that really warrants a buff is Commando Choke. anything else(Cutthroat B1 hitbox) I could classify as a Fix.

Anywho, I really wanted to go, since I live right near Philly, but financials got in the way. I do hope to go to summerjam though, assuming I'm better off moneywise by then.

Youphemism

Honestly I use up ball as a wakeup attack most of the time and 8 or 9 out of 10 times it works.
Dude wtf are you talking about, I didn't say anything about him having a hard time. I'm just pointing out that if the character wasn't tournament viable then Insaynne wouldn't have even made it out of pools despite the players in it. Trepound, Maxter and Glass Sword were all in that pool too so it wasn't as free as you're making it out to be. Every single person except you and M2Dave actually agree with what I've said and am saying about the character, the rest of us don't agree with your downplaying that he's low tier is all. I've said before and will say again he's at best upper mid and he's one of the most well-balanced characters, if not the most well-balanced character, in the game.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Honestly I use up ball as a wakeup attack most of the time and 8 or 9 out of 10 times it works.

Dude wtf are you talking about, I didn't say anything about him having a hard time. I'm just pointing out that if the character wasn't tournament viable then Insaynne wouldn't have even made it out of pools despite the players in it. Trepound, Maxter and Glass Sword were all in that pool too so it wasn't as free as you're making it out to be. Every single person except you and M2Dave actually agree with what I've said and am saying about the character, the rest of us don't agree with your downplaying that he's low tier is all. I've said before and will say again he's at best upper mid and he's one of the most well-balanced characters, if not the most well-balanced character, in the game.
Nothing against those guys but they are not at all top players. Also idk about you but to me tournament viable means viable enough to possibly win it not just barely get out in top 16 losers. To me he is low and at best midtier, deal with it. And no everyone does noT agree with you. I have spoken to many top players such as dab and cowboys whose opinions are much more valid than yours and they also agree that Kano not only is average but is also low tier. But go ahead and keep
Upplaying no one really cares

Downplaying your character in order to get buffs is all part of the tournament meta-game. Just think of it as another aspect of training - it achieves the same result in the end (better tournament placing). Remember we must all do our part to downplay.

Youphemism

Nothing against those guys but they are not at all top players. Also idk about you but to me tournament viable means viable enough to possibly win it not just barely get out in top 16 losers. To me he is low and at best midtier, deal with it. And no everyone does noT agree with you. I have spoken to many top players such as dab and cowboys whose opinions are much more valid than yours and they also agree that Kano not only is average but is also low tier. But go ahead and keep
Tournament viable = viable in tournament, doesn't seem hard to work out.
Exactly, to YOU he's low tier but to everyone else in the Kano community (except M2Dave) and the majority of the other character communities he's mid tier. Look through the thread and see it for yourself.
Oh wow you spoke to people who don't play the character, you've convinced me. NOT. Their opinions are arguably more valid than mine because as I said they don't play the character. I don't give a fuck if you don't care about my opinion because just like the Reptile community, most of the Kano community don't care about yours.
Keep on downplaying as Insaynne continues to prove you wrong and you continue to provide absolutely nothing of worth as you sit back and continue to not go to competitions. Meanwhile the rest of the Kano community and the majority of the entire community will continue to say he's mid tier because he is.

haketh

Noob
And no one cares about you

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Tournament viable = viable in tournament, doesn't seem hard to work out.
Exactly, to YOU he's low tier but to everyone else in the Kano community (except M2Dave) and the majority of the other character communities he's mid tier. Look through the thread and see it for yourself.
Oh wow you spoke to people who don't play the character, you've convinced me. NOT. Their opinions are arguably more valid than mine because as I said they don't play the character. I don't give a fuck if you don't care about my opinion because just like the Reptile community, most of the Kano community don't care about yours.
Keep on downplaying as Insaynne continues to prove you wrong and you continue to provide absolutely nothing of worth as you sit back and continue to not go to competitions. Meanwhile the rest of the Kano community and the majority of the entire community will continue to say he's mid tier because he is.
Are you that stubborn and biased or can you just not read. I've said countless times I think he could at best be mid. And you don't need to play a character to know he is bad, are you that dumb? Did you have to play mk9 Kano to notice he was bad? Did you have to play ares in injustice to know he is bad? The answer is an obvious no. And every Kano agrees with? Are you blind or can you not read. Almost every single Kano player now agrees he is probably low and at best mid. You are just too stubborn to admit it.