What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
All of Kano's whiff issues still seem to be in the game: 112 sometimes whiffs completely, cutthroat and commando's ex knives often whiff either completely or partially in corner and Ex upball will randomly be unsafe because the second hit whiffs (mostly against big characters)
So is Lao's 11212~spin against Ermac. Seems like they weren't focussed on fixing all the bugs and whiffing issues :oops:

Legion DC

"Another weakling..."
Hey, how do I really land Kano's B3? Are y'all doin' some sort of trick I didn't catch?
I can't land his B3 with an unlimited credit card:mad:

Parasurama

Dragon
For Cut Throat - does anyone have a good strategy against Sub Zero GM? I use the knives to break clone at a distance.... then try to play a normal game, but I find when I am in the corner it is very difficult.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
For Cut Throat - does anyone have a good strategy against Sub Zero GM? I use the knives to break clone at a distance.... then try to play a normal game, but I find when I am in the corner it is very difficult.
Just don't play CT, the MU is almost as horrible as the Jax one, your ways past the clone are EXTREMELY limited now, fuck, you can't even punish his unsafe clone cancels anymore.
Play Cyber for a more tolerable (but still bad) matchup or pick up somebody like Kenshi, Shinnok, Mileena, Smoke, etc. who deal with the clone very easily.

Jupe

Noob
Thoughts on the set and matchup in general:
-I always try double poking on block (d3 d4) and if my opponent let's me get away with it often I keep doing it. Kano's d3 is only -3 on block so your d4 will beat all highs all buttons that are 11f or slower. It was working well against Murko so you can see a lot of double pokes during the set.

-I played patient in the match up, maybe even too patient at times. Scorpion's small hurtbox makes upball whiff often so I wasn't armoring out of the pressure much but using backdash instead.

-My antiair game was bad, gave Murko too many free jump ins that lead to pressure. His antiair game was bad too (or he was respecting airball) so I got some free jump ins that lead to 50/50

-Murko didn't seem to know how to punish b1 so i wasn't scared of using it at all.

-Against a high level scorpion when you're full screen, you can't be throwing a lot of knives because of ex teleport on reaction but on the other hand, you don't have to worry about his fireballs and you can punish his unblockable hellfire on reaction.

-When I noticed he cancelled his teleport, I tried to challenge him with s1 way too often. Scorpion's hurtbox makes s1 and 11 whiff almost always when he's crouch blocking so that string shouldn't be used as much as I did in the matchup. Better option is 32 which you can then hitconfirm to exdb1 or bf3 on hit, on block you can cancel it into blade slice or not cancel it at all and be only -2.

-Lastly my punishes for teleport were subpar. 112bf3 was the punish I used almost exclusively for absolutely no reason, f212 leads to more damage and more corner carry.

Legion DC

"Another weakling..."
Guys, I'm checking out the Background, Icon, and Border info.
It says "Unlock the Kano Tower" to get the 3(Background, Icon, and Border) items.
I beat Kano's story Tower already.
What are they talking about, anybody?
*Edit* Aw, crap! They're talking about their own premiere tower. I always miss those.
Oh, well.

Last edited: