What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
Kenshi players said the same thing about Kenshi when he was actually very good and now is even better. I can't believe how much y'all complain about nothing. Can Kano use some buffs? Sure. All I want is at least one 6 frame button and for Up Balls hitbox to be bigger horizontally so that i can reversal punish things that are -6 and -7. Does he NEED buffs? not the ones i've seen suggested. Most of the things I read are really crazy. And it shows a lack of knowledge.

As far as ECT goes. I had a very difficult time, and thats not because of Kano, thats because of my own mistakes and unfamiliarity with certain situations. I learned a lot playing other people than the ones i normally train with. So it's ok

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Are you that stubborn and biased or can you just not read. I've said countless times I think he could at best be mid. And you don't need to play a character to know he is bad, are you that dumb? Did you have to play mk9 Kano to notice he was bad? Did you have to play ares in injustice to know he is bad? The answer is an obvious no. And every Kano agrees with? Are you blind or can you not read. Almost every single Kano player now agrees he is probably low and at best mid. You are just too stubborn to admit it.
Lol at your hypocrisy asking me if I'm biased and stubborn. If you play a character you have a better knowledge of the character and can therefore make a better decision on how good the character is. Anyone else's opinion will not be as informed. But it's ok, I know you're not good with logic.

Fine let's actually ask the community since you're for some reason under the illusion that more than one person agrees with you.

Kano community, mid tier or low tier?

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
Lol at your hypocrisy asking me if I'm biased and stubborn. If you play a character you have a better knowledge of the character and can therefore make a better decision on how good the character is. Anyone else's opinion will not be as informed. But it's ok, I know you're not good with logic.

Fine let's actually ask the community since you're for some reason under the illusion that more than one person agrees with you.

Kano community, mid tier or low tier?
top 1 EZ

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Idk where he stand I know it in the middle somewhere tho. I know I'm not the greatest player in the world but I have to work for my wins its getting easier but still tough sometimes. I haven't been to a local or tournament yet but I'm gonna try to take my kano down to va soon I'll let you know how goes

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Why do people hate loosing to kano? I never had so many quits and rage mail before. I have to admit it feels good but gets kinda annoying sometimes when I find a good player and they just quit.
I throw knives of course but it not excessive I had a kenshi player who was zoning me out call me a spammer lol

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Why do people hate loosing to kano? I never had so many quits and rage mail before. I have to admit it feels good but gets kinda annoying sometimes when I find a good player and they just quit.
I throw knives of course but it not excessive I had a kenshi player who was zoning me out call me a spammer lol
You make me proud :')

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I've gotten so much hate mail that I could start a separate "MKX Hate Mail" thread and post just as many replies solo.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
"Don't but a pussy stupid spammer. Fix your wifi stop laggine me"

"Funny my ass pussy, face me spammer dont u get tried doing the same shit. There is combos u know right. U wack"

"u had to be a stupid kid doing the same shit saying stupid stuff im out"
(Take note that I'm telling him how to punish me)

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
"Don't but a pussy stupid spammer. Fix your wifi stop laggine me"

"Funny my ass pussy, face me spammer dont u get tried doing the same shit. There is combos u know right. U wack"

"u had to be a stupid kid doing the same shit saying stupid stuff im out"
(Take note that I'm telling him how to punish me)

Lol I was telling the kenshi player to armor through my knife to knock me down. I was using the knives as a way to keep him from throwing out push while I worked my way in.
He didn't wanna hear any of it I was just a spammer lol ppl just Dont like kano no one can grasp that knives are just part of our game

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
On a different topic who do you all struggle fighting against the most and why? Just curious to who gives kano trouble

On a different topic who do you all struggle fighting against the most and why? Just curious to who gives kano trouble

Personally, my most frustrating losses are against Jason. But thats always my own fault cause I dont take him seriously. Which is my answer to your other discussion about why people dont like losing to or playing Kano. There are or were too many people that played Kano and spammed cybernetic knives or b1 before it was nerfed. I notice many people using tactics against me in preparation for spammed knives, even when I play cutthroat. Most poop themselves when I run at them. I have read over and over Kano is a zoning player, and for cyber, I agree, but I 100 percent believe cutthroat is full on rush down. Everything has to be on top of the opponent to hit, especially the overhead. So, I think Kano might have gotten a bad name. I think he would be happy about that.

I actually think sub zero is Kano's hardest match up in either variation, but a really good player has been known to tear me a new one with any character.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Inferno Scorpion, and Master of Souls Ermac, having trouble with the braindead low poke spam into 50/50 full combo into reset bs.

Inferno Scorpion, and Master of Souls Ermac, having trouble with the braindead low poke spam into 50/50 full combo into reset bs.
Anything scorpion I block intensely until I uppercut about three teleports in a row. After that, most scorp players are at a loss for what to do. Then follow with rush play, even if Im playing cyber instead of cutthroat. Most poop themselves and have no idea what to do. I have only run into a few "really good" scorp players, and they didnt use the teleport anyway.

Also, it was mentioned somewhere else here, so I wont take credit, but I did find that scorpion cannot teleport as a REACTION to cyber knife then block. If he happens to do it at the same time, he hits, but most run to the other side of the screen and wait to see the animation. Throw the knife and if he teleports out of the way he is block stunned long enough to uppercut. Scorpion players DO NOT like this.

The braindead low poke thing is getting me with a lot of characters for some reason right now too. Its just like the MK1 and MK2 days with sweep sweep sweep sweep waiting for them to block low to throw. I know I dont want to eat the coming overhead they are setting up, but in turn take too many low pokes. Then panic after about three or four. I have seen the same thing with Cassie and Raiden as well. Ermac is kinda the same as scorpion, block a few teleports or punish a few of their blocked bnbs and they get lock on. Good ones each my lunch flawlessly.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Sounds like online tactics lol. There isn't much you can do about the "low poke into low poke into string" because of the input delay. The easiest way online is to block a low poke and return a low poke for adv and then attack.

Offline you can blow it up easy though.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Sub zero is what I have the most problem with really. a really good one can just like negate all pressure it seems... I just have to switch to cyber for that one probably lol.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Sub zero is what I have the most problem with really. a really good one can just like negate all pressure it seems... I just have to switch to cyber for that one probably lol.
Yeah I can understand why Commando would have a problem with Sub, that's got to be a bummer...

Meanwhile over in Cybernetic land we're over here singing "FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUU LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL K N I F E B O Y Z" :REO:REO

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Erron black gives me trouble to. online is a big part of it tho I couldn't even punish slide consistently but after a couple matches I started to pick up on how to play him. It def feels good to read a tackle and just neutral duck it and punish.
I had some luck with commando when he would get aggressive since most Erron blacks love the oh low string I would throw out the parry or wake up ex rib breaker when they run in for the pressure

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Nothing against those guys but they are not at all top players. Also idk about you but to me tournament viable means viable enough to possibly win it not just barely get out in top 16 losers. To me he is low and at best midtier, deal with it. And no everyone does noT agree with you. I have spoken to many top players such as dab and cowboys whose opinions are much more valid than yours and they also agree that Kano not only is average but is also low tier. But go ahead and keep
Upplaying no one really cares
How is Maxter not a top player?

Actually, what qualifies YOU to say who is and isn't a top player?

Have you played Maxter, Glass Sword, or Trepound offline?

Do you even travel? Is there any recorded footage of your gameplay anywhere?

Look, I'll admit that I'm not a top player. Duh. But i don't go around dictating who is and is not top because i don't have the credentials to do so.

Last edited: