What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Erron black gives me trouble to. online is a big part of it tho I couldn't even punish slide consistently but after a couple matches I started to pick up on how to play him. It def feels good to read a tackle and just neutral duck it and punish.
I had some luck with commando when he would get aggressive since most Erron blacks love the oh low string I would throw out the parry or wake up ex rib breaker when they run in for the pressure
Erron Black gives you trouble as Cybernetic? You probably aren't playing the matchup right then.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
How is Maxter not a top player?

Actually, what qualifies YOU to say who is and isn't a top player?

Have you played Maxter, Glass Sword, or Trepound offline?

Do you even travel? Is there any recorded footage of your gameplay anywhere?

Look, I'll admit that I'm not a top player. Duh. But i don't go around dictating who is and is not top because i don't have the credentials to do so.
Lol anyone can tell who is a top player. You don't need any qualifications lol smh it's as easy as seeing who consistently places top 8.. And I have but as you say online is completely irrelevant so I won't even comment.. And maxter is good but hardly plays the game since mk9.. And only went to Evo 2012. There's only footage of me losing to tyrant in a close set in pools winners finals

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Lol anyone can tell who is a top player. You don't need any qualifications lol smh it's as easy as seeing who consistently places top 8.. And I have but as you say online is completely irrelevant so I won't even comment.. And maxter is good but hardly plays the game since mk9.. And only went to Evo 2012. There's only footage of me losing to tyrant in a close set in pools winners finals

My point is, beating guys like Maxter and Trepound isn't something to shake your dick at. Not just anyone can do it and if Coach Steve had to in order to get out of pools, that matters.

I swear, people on this site assume that just anyone can make it out of pools in ft2 play.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
My point is, beating guys like Maxter and Trepound isn't something to shake your dick at. Not just anyone can do it and if Coach Steve had to in order to get out of pools, that matters.

I swear, people on this site assume that just anyone can make it out of pools in ft2 play.
You swear I said they're bad players smh. They're good just not top. What are you trying to prove anyways? What exactly is your point? That Kano is top mid/ top? People have different opinions. Deal with it and move on

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I just want feedback if I'm playing match up wrong I'd like to know what you all do as well so I can try it out next time

Rude

You swear I said they're bad players smh. They're good just not top. What are you trying to prove anyways? What exactly is your point? That Kano is top mid/ top? People have different opinions. Deal with it and move on
I'm on my period.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I just want feedback if I'm playing match up wrong I'd like to know what you all do as well so I can try it out next time
Cyber? Knives and punish slide with b1 if you're having trouble. It's easier than 112 when punishing low profiling attacks.

General? Learn his strings. Erron is quite straightforward, you have to learn all his dirt. Like where he can tick off of 21122, not getting opened up by the OH > Low. If they slide a lot vs knives, go EX every once and keep them honest. Also don't just "spam" them, change up your timing and bait out jumps and slides.

Rude

We main a Cutthroat Crimelord. Backstabbing and betrayal is expected.

I mean...i say "we" when i really mean "everyone else."

Because Quan Chi.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Cyber? Knives and punish slide with b1 if better having trouble. It's easier than 112 when punishing low profiling attacks.

General? Learn his strings. Erron is quite straightforward, you have to learn all his dirt. Like where he can tick off of 21122, not getting opened up by the OH > Low. If they slide a lot vs knives, go EX every once and keep them honest. Also don't just "spam" them, change up your timing and bait out jumps and slides.
Yea I learned 112 wasn't working consistently so I started using the b1 string which was better. I know it was probably just online bs but I would block the oh low string but sometimes it would still hit me. But I also never really fought a decent Erron black so it was a learning experience you have to make tough calls when he doing that 2112 string or whatever it is but once I started neutral ducking his tackle he switched it up

Youphemism

Knives only work for so long and like I was saying because of online I couldn't punish slide consistently so how do you play the match up?
You'd be surprised how long knives can be effective in this matchup actually, and EX Knives are great for dealing with slide and EX slide but you're probably going to have to make a good read when doing that because you don't want to burn all your meter since it's necessary for most combos. You want to make them think that you're just throwing out knives all the time, so much so that they begin to jump and you can anti-air them with B1 for a full combo. Punishing slide isn't easy online, it's -25 (EX is -15) but the mix of the lag and the blockstun can make it really hard. Offline however that's a full combo off of B1. If he does get in on you and he gets his mixup crap started you're going to have to be patient and pick your spots carefully. If he does his overhead low string F13 you can interrupt everything he cancels it into with EX Kano Ball into a full combo, the only thing you can't interrupt is F132 but that sends you flying over to the other side of the screen which is where you want to be anyway :) Midscreen you're going to have to get him whiffing stuff but you can throw some knives to keep him from just rushing in on you without thinking. If there's anything else bugging you feel free to ask any of us!
this is so helpful. Thank god we have a dedicated character forum to collect such insight.
I know I know, I didn't have the time to do a detailed overview at that point.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
No worries baby doll. Also am I the only one bothered by cutthroat mood banner thing being the wrong color?

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Excluding Grandmaster, I seem to be having an easier time winning with Commando than Cybernetic. The parries and command grabs REALLY make a difference. I just LOVE parrying my opponent's wake-ups and pressure game, and then command grab them when they think I'll parry. It hurts that he can't really combo in Commando but it's still damn fun to play.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Excluding Grandmaster, I seem to be having an easier time winning with Commando than Cybernetic. The parries and command grabs REALLY make a difference. I just LOVE parrying my opponent's wake-ups and pressure game, and then command grab them when they think I'll parry. It hurts that he can't really combo in Commando but it's still damn fun to play.
He can at least get a little damage out with strings into EX Ball cancel. Helps.

What I like the most about the parry is the situations where you're forced to block a 50/50. Against the safe 50/50 characters I just guess a parry instead of guessing a block. So instead of "block right and pressure or block wrong and combo'd", I get 17% damage if I guess right.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
@Youphemism thanks for the tips. I remember hearing you could interrupt the f13 string I need to work on that in training. He was doing f13 sand even if I blocked it so I should have blown him up for it.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Grandmaster is a bitch. you have to be stupid patient. I just put in a bunch of lab time with cyber so I can pick it against GM.

Youphemism

@Youphemism thanks for the tips. I remember hearing you could interrupt the f13 string I need to work on that in training. He was doing f13 sand even if I blocked it so I should have blown him up for it.
No problemo :)
Grandmaster is a bitch. you have to be stupid patient. I just put in a bunch of lab time with cyber so I can pick it against GM.
Why be patient when you can be a K N I F E B O Y ? :cool: