What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick

After this watching this video I immediately went to practice mode to test if you could option select b3,1 into ex bladeslice as Cutthroat Kano. It turns out that you can. Just commit to doing b3,1 xx ex bladeslice then after the ex db1 input you input directional inputs afterwards, like qcf or qcb. Just straight up commit to doing it without delay and if the b3,1 gets blocked the ex bladeslice won't come out, if the b3,1 connects the ex bladeslice comes out. Really useful midscreen.

I am posting this in the general discussion thread because I want all Kano players to be aware of this and we should start labbing how to get the most out of the funky block stun mechanic that enables this option select bullshit. I have a hunch some of these will never and can not be patched, kinda like input bug in MK9, but hey, if it's in the game it's in the game, everybody will start abusing this mechanic and option select non-hit confirmable strings so why not us as well?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

After this watching this video I immediately went to practice mode to test if you could option select b3,1 into ex bladeslice as Cutthroat Kano. It turns out that you can. Just commit to doing b3,1 xx ex bladeslice then after the ex db1 input you input down. Just straight up commit to doing it without delay and if the b3,1 gets blocked the ex bladeslice won't come out, if the b3,1 connects the ex bladeslice comes out. Really useful midscreen.

I am posting this in the general discussion thread because I want all Kano players to be aware of this and we should start labbing how to get the most out of the funky block stun mechanic that enables this option select bullshit. I have a hunch some of these will never and can not be patched, kinda like input bug in MK9, but hey, if it's in the game it's in the game, everybody will start abusing this mechanic and option select non-hit confirmable strings so why not us as well?
I'm going to test this later. If consist this is an amazing breakthrough.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
What do you mean by random? Like up one time and left the next? Or like down followed by left?
It doesn't matter, just do random directional inputs after committing to the special move cancel and the special move won't come out on block. I mashed qcf or qcb a few times.

Some ex bladeslice-directional input option selects I just tested with Cutthroat that work:
standing 2
standing 4
f4 (! ! !)
b3,1
f3,3

The timing on 32, f4 and b3,1 is really easy as well, this is frigging nuts. So good.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So we have
Kano > Revolution > MK1 > Tournament
MK1 > Tournament > Kano > Revolution
MK1 > Kano > Revolution > Tournament
Revolution > Kano = MK1 > Tournament
Revolution > MK1 > Kano > Tournament
Revolution > MK1 = Tournament > Kano
Revolution > Primary = Tournament > MK1
Default (alt color) > MK1 > Revolution (alt) >Tournament
Kano > MK1 > Revolution > Tournament
Tournament > MK1 > Kano/Revolution
Kano > MK1 > Revolution > Tournament

If we allocate a points system where 1st = 5, 2nd = 4, 3rd = 2 and 4th = 1 (so that any joint 2nds are allocated 3 points each) then we have

MK1 = 39
Kano = 36.5
Revolution = 34.5
Tournament = 22

Let's get the majority opinion on this
@Decay @Derocus @MrInsaynne @villainous monk @Smoke_Of_Finland @Zatoichi @General M2Dave @KingHippo

If I'm missing anyone feel free to tag them.

Last edited:

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I should note that I think none of the skins are bad. they're all god tier except revolution, which is Demigod tier. Tournament just deserves more love.