What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I don't think priority is a problem with the ball attacks, it's just the way they work, Kano is not extending his limbs so the hitbox of the move and Kano's hurtbox are pretty much the same. it's not like someone can just sit and mash d1 and option select both vanilla knives and straight ball. They are fast and have 2 hits up close (armor stuffing). You need to react to jump ins by the time your opponent has reached the apex/highest point of their jump, once they start descending you are already too late and you need to use uppercut and you are lucky if you win or trade. Upball getting beat by jump-ins is an online thing only, you'll only get beat out if your opponent is mashing while in the air, which they most likely will not do.

Something I think that is kinda bullshit though is getting hit by low attacks when Kano balling on the ground, I've had Scorpions minion grab hit me out of a Kano ball which is ridiculous. I think Kano ball should avoid lows, it's really weak in comparison to other forward advancing specials that don't avoid lows or highs like Jax's dash punch and Raiden's Superman, they extend their limbs and have priority, while Kano doesn't.

edit: On second thought... nah, ball attacks are good enough.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
Cutthroat doesn't suck at all. Cutthroat is all about footsies, whiff punishing with f212(which is very viable) and setting up your 50/50.

In the corner, anytime you connect a Blade Slice, they have to guess between b1 and B3. It's fine. Even his damage buff isn't hard to set up and you can turn it on/off.

F21 xx mb knife leaves you + and you can choose to do F212 again, poke, throw, or do b1/b3 depending on your spacing.

But Cyber has the best space control and range.
cuthroat is about high dmg right and i guess the f2 does have alot of range but cybernetic had b2 and b1 and commando has b1. the dmg on cuthroat sucks without the buff you wont get any more dmg then a bnb combo from cybernetic or commando.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
cuthroat is about high dmg right and i guess the f2 does have alot of range but cybernetic had b2 and b1 and commando has b1. the dmg on cuthroat sucks without the buff you wont get any more dmg then a bnb combo from cybernetic or commando.
Cyber's bnb damage is ridiculously low.

Cutthroat gets midscreen what Cyber gets in the corner. When Cyber spends meter in the corner, he's only getting an extra 2-3%.

Cyber midscreen barely breaks past 30 outside of 112. Cutthroat does 35-37 off b31, B12, 112, f212, etc.

Rude

Cyber's b23 has great range, but is not the godly footsie tool you'd like it to be. It, too, has bad priority and can be hit out of fairly easily.

Cutthroat's f212 doesn't have that problem.

All of Kano's variations are good.

OmGxBdON

Cyber's b23 has great range, but is not the godly footsie tool you'd like it to be. It, too, has bad priority and can be hit out of fairly easily.

Cyber's bnb damage is ridiculously low.

Cutthroat gets midscreen what Cyber gets in the corner. When Cyber spends meter in the corner, he's only getting an extra 2-3%.

Cyber midscreen barely breaks past 30 outside of 112. Cutthroat does 35-37 off b31, B12, 112, f212, etc.
Cyber Kano has. A 37% 1 meter bnb Cuthroats bnb midscreen suck unless you have e Buffon which isn't practical unless you're in the corner and in thercoerner you don't have to spend a meter to get close or at 40% with cybernetic cuthroats bout dmg but it sucks unless you get the buff on which only really works in the corner imo. Plus overhead only hits if ure a chose away so only good in corner as well unless you jump in but hey who lets people jump in on you anyways with cutthroat u do get a no meter 30% punish midscreen so I'd say thefts pretty decent

haketh

Noob

Let's not even talk about how Cutthroat Kano gets the best wiff punisher with EX Knife

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Guys. I accidentally found tech.

I can't quite remember what I exactly did. Buuuuut, I knocked them down in the corner, went to jump over them into the corner, air kano ball'd which missed and brought me OUT of the corner, meterburned it, and got the unblockable tackle.

Is this good? Did Derocus do good?

OmGxBdON

I can't quite remember what I exactly did. Buuuuut, I knocked them down in the corner, went to jump over them into the corner, air kano ball'd which missed and brought me OUT of the corner, meterburned it, and got the unblockable tackle.

I actually watched you do this lol it's not exactly new tech but it is a very good set up it scares them to just block and them u do the ex air ball which is unblock able if the first hit whiffs pretty good set up imo

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
I actually watched you do this lol it's not exactly new tech but it is a very good set up it scares them to just block and them u do the ex air ball which is unblock able if the first hit whiffs pretty good set up imo
Oh nooo. Stop watching True wreck my main with characters he's been playing for all of one day :c

OmGxBdON

Oh nooo. Stop watching True wreck my main with characters he's been playing for all of one day :c
Lol don't worry of all of his 5000 viewers each day they all think he's godlike it's fine nice setup lol I sent u a friend request if u want to have some matches

OmGxBdON

Sorry I guess I don't mean broken. He's just very easy to combo with for that high of damage.
Honestly the 50% dmg combo he does doesn't actuallyy work all u need to do is block. Against a good player you would just get punished

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'

There's the set up. It could probably work after other knock downs as well. Probably worth using to get the final hit.

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
Honestly the 50% dmg combo he does doesn't actuallyy work all u need to do is block. Against a good player you would just get punished
Well that's true of anyone- just block. But shinnok now has a 50/50 that leads to 50% combo and ends with your opponent being right back in the vortex. Plus he has near top tier zoning and decent pokes.

Compare Kano cutthroat- 50/50, yes, but the overhead has bad range. Great poke game but they don't necessarily combo unless you MB. even with meter you get max 37% or so and opponent gets wake up opportunity. Plus Kano has more difficult combos involving tightly time Run Cancels. He has the kano roll, but shinnok has a teport and a meterless freeze, where Kano needs to burn to get a small-window stagger off of ball.

You can argue his damage boost makes combos crazy damaging, but that is very high risk as it takes 13% health (max) from Kano and has a punishable startup if opponent knows the matchup.

Another comparison: raiden. Great damage but damn do you have to put in time to learn his high level combos and set ups. Just like Kano.

Rude

Cyber Kano has. A 37% 1 meter bnb Cuthroats bnb midscreen suck unless you have e Buffon which isn't practical unless you're in the corner and in thercoerner you don't have to spend a meter to get close or at 40% with cybernetic cuthroats bout dmg but it sucks unless you get the buff on which only really works in the corner imo. Plus overhead only hits if ure a chose away so only good in corner as well unless you jump in but hey who lets people jump in on you anyways with cutthroat u do get a no meter 30% punish midscreen so I'd say thefts pretty decent
All right. A lot of misinformation here. First things's first: Kano's buff is fairly easy to set up. You can safely end a combo with it. If you haven't landed a hit you can turn the boost off at any time.

Second: Midscreen, without a jump in, Cutthroat gets around 36-37 percent. The average is more like 35 from any of his starters.

Comparatively, Cyber gets 34 off 112, and around 31-33 depending on starter with a bar.

Cutthroat's 50/50 takes a little practice to set up, but you could set up his 50/50 off of a simple d4 midscreen. You do the d4, run in, and apply your 50/50. B121 is safe, as is b312, so if you guess wrong you're all right. Blade slice isn't safe on block but it's a tricky punish.

F212 is a great string in the right hands. Cutthroat isn't pure rush down. Its more about pressure, footsies, and whiff punishing. It's good man.

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
All right. A lot of misinformation here. First things's first: Kano's buff is fairly easy to set up. You can safely end a combo with it. If you haven't landed a hit you can turn the boost off at any time.

Second: Midscreen, without a jump in, Cutthroat gets around 36-37 percent. The average is more like 35 from any of his starters.

Comparatively, Cyber gets 34 off 112, and around 31-33 depending on starter with a bar.

Cutthroat's 50/50 takes a little practice to set up, but you could set up his 50/50 off of a simple d4 midscreen. You do the d4, run in, and apply your 50/50. B121 is safe, as is b312, so if you guess wrong you're all right. Blade slice isn't safe on block but it's a tricky punish.

F212 is a great string in the right hands. Cutthroat isn't pure rush down. Its more about pressure, footsies, and whiff punishing. It's good man.
I didn't mean to imply Kano is bad. Just that it take much more practice and set up to get the damage plus you risk just damaging yourself with power up , whereas shinnok gets similar and sometimes more damage from relatively simpler inputs, on top of having good options for zoning if you are matched badly in neutral

Ps: I think we are in agreement about kano' damage. My point was that the steps to get there are more complex, like Raiden.

Last edited:

OmGxBdON

Well that's true of anyone- just block. But shinnok now has a 50/50 that leads to 50% combo and ends with your opponent being right back in the vortex. Plus he has near top tier zoning and decent pokes.

Compare Kano cutthroat- 50/50, yes, but the overhead has bad range. Great poke game but they don't necessarily combo unless you MB. even with meter you get max 37% or so and opponent gets wake up opportunity. Plus Kano has more difficult combos involving tightly time Run Cancels. He has the kano roll, but shinnok has a teport and a meterless freeze, where Kano needs to burn to get a small-window stagger off of ball.

You can argue his damage boost makes combos crazy damaging, but that is very high risk as it takes 13% health (max) from Kano and has a punishable startup if opponent knows the matchup.

Another comparison: raiden. Great damage but damn do you have to put in time to learn his high level combos and set ups. Just like Kano.
He only only gets 50% from his 112 it's impossible to get 50% without lol and it's not a oh or low

OmGxBdON

Cyber gets 37% off 112. Commando get 35% really no difference without he buff.in reality no one has to take a!50\50 from Kano unless they've been cornered.im not sayin cutthroat is bad in general just compared to cybernetic n commmando