What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

ando1184

Noob
Tournament alt color is my fave one, the yellow outline looks slick with the yellow commando lights.. I'm an outcast :(
No you're not, that's my fave too. I also like neutral Kano with start button in commando. Those green cammies look awesome. But as long as his alts don't change his hitbox for the worst, I like em all bc he's Kano.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Part of the reason I think I don't like the standard kano skin is because it looks just TOO much like Bryan Fury's design from recent Tekkens. It's not bad, but I've already had a main that looks like that lol.

FlappyDaniel

Hahaha, I definitely wasn't sad to be using it before revolution, but now that revolution and MK1 are around, what's the point right? Playing commando, all I really have over other characters is swag anyway, so I gotta focus on maxing that out at all times.

d'fly

Noob
Can anyone explain to me why I can't punish b.z Kung lao's low hat special on block with Kano upball? It's -6 on block and the upball startup is 6. I thought that special move reversals could punish on the frame, and that normals took one frame more? (6frame normal punished -7 attack)

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Can anyone explain to me why I can't punish b.z Kung lao's low hat special on block with Kano upball? It's -6 on block and the upball startup is 6. I thought that special move reversals could punish on the frame, and that normals took one frame more? (6frame normal punished -7 attack)
Maybe it takes more than a single frame for you do input the command?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Am I the only one who has a lot of trouble fighting (Heavy Weapons) Jax as Kano?
What variation are you using? also what exactly is giving you issues? one of my main training partners uses Jax so I have a lot of exp against him but this is too vague..

Set it so the AI as Kano does reversal up-ball and you do the low hat and try to block after, if you can block it after the blocked low hat then up-ball doesnt punish (be it travel distance, spacing or faulty frame data).

d'fly

Noob
Yeah, I thought maybe it was pushback but there really isn't any. I'm doing upball with reversal timing for sure. Guess this frame data even after corrections just can't be trusted

ando1184

Noob
Being that Tekken is my background, and I've main'd Bryan in every Tekken other than T4, this is the EXACT reason why I love it lol.
I come from a tekken BG too, we should play ttt2 sometime. I main king in that though, and that's why I had an interest in Kano. Once I saw commando I was hooked.

FlappyDaniel

idk, it makes sense to me that if there are 6 startup frames then the first active frame would be frame 7, in which case he'd have just enough time to block. correct me if I'm wrong?

d'fly

Noob
Wow so yeah subbies b3,3 double low string is listed at -8 yet It can't be punished with 6 frame upball. Geez

d'fly

Noob
Perhaps, but regardless we'll just have to spend the time figuring out true frame data for some things, check my post above

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Actually, I think Kano's up ball info is wrong. Buzzsaw spin is 7 frames(supposedly) and can punish B33

FlappyDaniel

I thought airball was the one with the super fast startup. I thought his upball had a longer startup. I mainly use it to get people off on wakeup or AA so I'm not sure of what it punishes, will take a look and play with some stuff when I get home.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I come from a tekken BG too, we should play ttt2 sometime. I main king in that though, and that's why I had an interest in Kano. Once I saw commando I was hooked.
Oh word? That's wassup! Yea we should. I haven't played since MKX but was gonna fire it back up again soon. You'll see me on so we definitely should.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Costumes?

Cybernetic: Revolution > Tournament > MK1 > Primary
Commando: Primary = Revolution > Tournament = MK1

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I'll just put it together so your average is Revolution > Primary = Tournament > MK1 :p
Pretty much, mainly because MK1 costume isn't out yet. :p

But yeah, the Kratos blades look very awkward on Tournament Kano and I can tolerate them on Revolution Kano, they look best on his Primary Costume. Cybernetic Kano looks great in all his costumes.

FlappyDaniel

Yes, big time. Though there is a sexy sexy sweet spot where your Air ball will land right in front of them, and if you MB you still get the badass tackle which almost always catches people. Though the EX version of his air ball is SOOOOOOOO punishable, so you gotta be careful.

coming from USFIV, I keep wishing I could cancel my moves to start different pressure or escape like FADC lol.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Guys, i need your help.

So I'm working on the Johnny Cage match up, particularly in A-List.

(Short rant: Don't believe the talk, A-List is actually very good.)

See, Cage can low profile Kano's b1 with d4. This is a problem, but I've found ways around it.

For example, if you do b1 after a poke on hit, he can't low profile.

On top of that, I'm planning to use b31 more because in the heat of a match, to an opponent unfamiliar with Kano, b31 and b13 look slightly similar. Very slightly. But the idea is to condition him to block b31 and then start throwing in b13s.

For example, doing b31 xx mb knives b13 could be a viable thing here.

Here's the one nut i haven't cracked, yet:
If you do b31 mb knives, Cage can MB Nutpunch your follow ups. He can do it off of other stuff you do after MB Knife.

I've ALMOST found a way around reversal MB Nutpunch. If Kano does a d4 after mb knife, something interesting happens: the nutpunch armor soaks the d4, but the second hit of the nutpunch doesn't come out. This is just with a d4. My idea to beat Reversal MB Nutpunch is to do d4 xx Knife. That would cover both hits and, theoretically leave me + enough to continue pressure.

I've been able to do this in training mode a few times, but not consistently.

And so i turn to my fellow Black Dragons to help me figure out how to do this often. Sometimes it works and sometimes the armor makes me hold that.

The set up I'm currently trying to use is: b31xx MB Knife, d4 xx knife. Sometimes it works and you beat the armor and sometimes you don't.

My first thought is that it is distance specific but so far I've had trouble replicating it.

Any help is appreciated.