What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage General Discussion Thread

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
Any A list users mess around with standing 4 SKRC or 21 SKRC. And is there any there any practical use for the flip kick?? I feel like im really not utilizing everthing johnny has but cant find any practical use.
Flip Kick has niche wakeup use for people you train to jump ex no and shadow kick. The fact that it hits straight above you is pretty sweet- can catch people who know the mu off guard.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
@4HxWar Standing 4SKRC actually yields a huge amount of frame advantage but shouldn't be used to often considering you get about the same amount of options using F3SKRC and is far more practical in a match. As for 21SKRC I'm actually gonna look into it again but it can be used for a quick throw mix up due to the speed of the cancel.

4HxWar

Noob
So i figured out how to get the a list brutality. Once you have red shadow active, f24 on hit directly into charged FC. Of course this only works on noobs or if the dont have meter for the wakeup. I rarely use the FC in fights so people actually fall for it. Be careful getting to red shadow, ive lost going for it lol. I reccomend only try on the second round when your up one

rafaw

#YouSuck
Any A list users mess around with standing 4 SKRC or 21 SKRC. And is there any there any practical use for the flip kick?? I feel like im really not utilizing everthing johnny has but cant find any practical use.
4 skrc is really good, its safe! and flip kick you can use after F24 in the corner but you need to charge a bit on block to make it safe! on hit you can combo.

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
4 skrc is really good, its safe! and flip kick you can use after F24 in the corner but you need to charge a bit on block to make it safe! on hit you can combo.
If you charge the flip its safe on block?!/? All the way, half way charged? and How safe?

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
I actually use the flipkick in corner juggles alot. Gives a little more meter.
Gonna take the move to the lab today and see how long it has to be charged to be Safe/+

4HxWar

Noob
charged SKRC into block works exceptionally well to bait out wakeups. I use it full screen against raidens and they always superman for a full combo punish. And if you cant punish its a good way to get your opponent to waste some meter. Just throwin that out there

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I'm gonna try and use flipkick as an AA in FistiCuffs, even if I have to use meter to properly use it.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Yeah its good but I've had it whiff a lot too.
Its the most consistent thing I could find, and its actually a pretty important thing in the neutral game as so far this game seems to let everyone jump around for free and only like 2 characters can AA with normals/uppercuts, and basically every character gets crossed up for free. Seems more consistent than a lot of characters anti air too, and Johnny can use meter pretty carelessly and get away with it because everything ends in a block string. The only other decent options I found is calling their jump out early and NJP them on the way up, d4 underneath and poke or EX nut or walk/dash back and trip guard, and those are almost character specific. EX Nut anti air is my go-to and if i have a bar i will always spend it on this before anything else.

Edit - That said, I will also be playing round with flip kicks, as the lowered hitbox calls out to me.

I haven't seen anything posted here, but why aren't people using this as Johnny's bnb?

F2,4, D1, RC~12, RC~12, F3~DB3. That's 27%, and honestly not that hard to do offline. It took me like 10 minutes to start doing it pretty consistently. To make it 10 times easier, drop the 2 on the last 12, F3~DB3 and it becomes a 25% combo. Way better than those 21%, and 24% combos I keep seeing off of F2,4.

I didnt have time to test this fully this morning before I left for work, but I assume the run cancels in other combos with meter and clones will net you even more damage.

Also not sure if this works with A-List since the nut punch is a little different.

tried this but found the timing super hard on the first RC 12 (the 2 often whiffs).

do you mind uploading a vid of this in action so i can spot the timing you are using??

no worries if not!

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
tried this but found the timing super hard on the first RC 12 (the 2 often whiffs).

do you mind uploading a vid of this in action so i can spot the timing you are using??

no worries if not!
I'm super annoyed with PS4s share options. I have the video made but whenever I try to share it to YouTube it looks like it does it, but the video never appears on my channel. I have potato quality videos made with my phone if need be.

I'm super annoyed with PS4s share options. I have the video made but whenever I try to share it to YouTube it looks like it does it, but the video never appears on my channel. I have potato quality videos made with my phone if need be.

that'd be fine! i just need help visualizing timing sometimes, i can decipher the vague shapes

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
that'd be fine! i just need help visualizing timing sometimes, i can decipher the vague shapes
FYI: These are nearly impossible online without a 4 bar connection. I can nail them pretty well offline, but damn does this suck online. The whole thing is dependent on your d1 timing. You have to do it as soon as possible.

27%:

25%:

25% 1 run cancel: