What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage General Discussion Thread

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
R.I.P Fisticuffs/Balanced

Shall these variations be exiled into the land of Jason tier.

On a serious this is only a beta. For all we know we might get the B2 trait back, Fisticuffs may be returned to his former glory and then some potentially.

But with Dragon's Fire Kang being nerf, I expect a witch hunt on Johnny.
In current beta state, Balanced is the worst Kenshi, but he's better than the Balanced we have now in the main game. The new parry is very good, and the 22 meterburn extends damage/ give reset chance, I'm enjoying that a lot. I hope some of his other specials are slightly buffed in march, though. That teleflurry needs some love...

With a general chip reduction FC Cage would become just pointless, because it would be a variation focused on chip that would do shit chip.
I still have hopes for FC because many chars are getting better pokes, the return of the original speedbag (or very close to the original) wouldn't be crazy in this scenario.
And even with that, he will need some new tools to compete with the titans in the game. We are not in june 2015. People has learnt the game and how to poke out of better pressures than the one FC had.

Last edited:

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
I hear something about "undead hunter Cage" costume in the Bo Rai Cho kombat kast...wtf? :confused:
Undead Hunter Cage WTF?!?!? Where the fuck is Tuxedo Johnny?!?!? Every game with Alt Costumes he's had a Tuxedo Alt, where the fuck is it in this game?!?!? I'm gonna go find it.

ismael4790

Undead Hunter Cage WTF?!?!? Where the fuck is Tuxedo Johnny?!?!? Every game with Alt Costumes he's had a Tuxedo Alt, where the fuck is it in this game?!?!? I'm gonna go find it.
Yeah, I thought the same xD. And also, it seems like it will be mobile exclusive, which sucks. I don't have a good mobile or tablet to play that, and even if I had, it sucks to waste time to play that. I hope they decide to launch a mobile skin pack to purchase.

ismael4790

congrats johnny! hahahahaha fistibuffs!
Don't get so excited guys xD

If nrs has not fixed THIS, speedbag will continue to be an inconsistent tool. Also its frames on block (unless they omitted it) are the same and only got 1 frame of startup reduction.

Fistbump startup is faster, but it's still a suicide when activated up close (while other similar buffs are much faster, and even combo off some strings, as Liu FF). No signs of exfistbump, it seems fistbump will remain as one of the few specials in the game that hasn't got an enhanced version...

I expected Fisticuffs to be completely ignored in the patch, but anyway, we are taking Jason place in the tier list. I guess someone has to be bottom 1 xD

Last edited:
they mentioned the damage buff with the speed bag, making it 3% every hit? it only did 2% in the first hit then scaled into 1.83% then 1. something % can anyone test how much it does now? using the b12121212 np? used to do 19% i think

ismael4790

they mentioned the damage buff with the speed bag, making it 3% every hit? it only did 2% in the first hit then scaled into 1.83% then 1. something % can anyone test how much it does now? using the b12121212 np? used to do 19% i think
19% in the current version, yeah.
I think that change is not in the beta. But bumped b12121212 np will probably do around 25-26% assuming the scaling remains. If it does not scale, it will get closer to 30.

Last edited:
hi, been searching for MKXL leaks and i found out that johnny cage has a new grab brutality. basically when he grabs you, as he breaks your arm and leg, it also comes off. no idea regarding its inputs.

ismael4790

As Cage main, no hate for the character of course, but if they have finally touched Dragon's Fire Liu Kang pressure, and they leave untouched A-List Cage...I will not understand that decision.

In general, I think all cancels in the game should be just + (or even like the ones Heavy weapons Jax has) and not allow to blockstring your opponent, this way there would be a guessing game of "will he armor or not, should I continue pressure or bait armor?". Forcing your opponent to block, once you have mastered the cancel timing, feels like an automatic resource, and doesn't feel rewarding.

hi, been searching for MKXL leaks and i found out that johnny cage has a new grab brutality. basically when he grabs you, as he breaks your arm and leg, it also comes off. no idea regarding its inputs.
This brutality should have been in the game since day one!!:cool:

Edit: Enjoy xD

Last edited:

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
As Cage main, no hate for the character of course, but if they have finally touched Dragon's Fire Liu Kang pressure, and they leave untouched A-List Cage...I will not understand that decision.

In general, I think all cancels in the game should be just + (or even like the ones Heavy weapons Jax has) and not allow to blockstring your opponent, this way there would be a guessing game of "will he armor or not, should I continue pressure or bait armor?". Forcing your opponent to block, once you have mastered the cancel timing, feels like an automatic resource, and doesn't feel rewarding.

This brutality should have been in the game since day one!!:cool:

Edit: Enjoy xD
Lmao dude that is hilarious, especially the fact that johnny doesnt melt ;)

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Let me explain the decision if you don't understand it:

Grandmaster was untouched.

End of explaining.

ismael4790

Let me explain the decision if you don't understand it:

Grandmaster was untouched.

End of explaining.
I'm not a GM fan either xD

But I tried to compare two characters that are both based on cancel pressure.

Anyway, we haven't seen yet the patch notes, not everything was mentioned in the kombat kast, maybe GM and A-List will get slight nerfs.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
so Don't know if it's new but Johnny has a throw brutal . mash throw and hold forward. dunno if you even have to mash forward. sorry if someone posted this already