What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage General Discussion Thread

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
thanks man appreciate it. I actually did NOT know i had to hold anything after the nut punch and didn't know he was guaranteed anything and since i know now i wont get hit trying to move as much. Much appreciated. If any johnny players read this i'd love to spar against you for MU experience
A couple more things...

Always be ready to tech a throw. Johnny Cage players will throw a lot if you let them.

Always keep an eye on his stamina meter. No stamina, no cancels.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
A couple more things...

Always be ready to tech a throw. Johnny Cage players will throw a lot if you let them.

Always keep an eye on his stamina meter. No stamina, no cancels.
teching throws a lot easier said than done! but i will start labbing throws cause they are annoying lol

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
teching throws a lot easier said than done! but i will start labbing throws cause they are annoying lol
They added some extra frames during the grabs to make it a little easier to tech now. You have to teach yourself to watch for them because high pressure characters with poor mix ups like Cage and Kung Lao will abuse throws all day.

Arzumis

Noob
Probably posted before but what is most chip cage can do after a nutpunch that is consistent across all genders,no matter if they blocking high or low

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Probably posted before but what is most chip cage can do after a nutpunch that is consistent across all genders,no matter if they blocking high or low
A-List can do 333xxSKRC, f3SKRC, 214. It works against anyone (even when they are blocking low) for 5.80%

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
Cage mains worry not, except for poor Fisticuffs players, Cage is 100% untouched. Whether or not it's good that A-List is untouched or that Fisticuffs got no changes at all I'll leave up to you.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
Oh my bad was unaware about this one
Yeah this one addresses the KP2 characters mostly. Has a couple of fixes for some characters but not many buffs/nerfs for most characters.

Woulda been cool to see Fistibuffs in this patch but I guess it'll have to wait.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Lol including the jump frames Johnnies instant jump kick is 15 frames and 0 on block. Nothing important or game changing but I was surprised at the advantage to be honest, you'd expect a jump kick on the way up to be negative on block.

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
How do people take care of jumping beans, specifically Sub Zero? I've tried instant njp, s1, and s2 but I get bodied the majority of the time. Any tips on AA'ing with Cage?

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
How do people take care of jumping beans, specifically Sub Zero? I've tried instant njp, s1, and s2 but I get bodied the majority of the time. Any tips on AA'ing with Cage?
Just block or armor. There is just no way to consistently aa subby or jax without armoring.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
F3 is possibly the best trip guarding tool in the game. Anti airing certain jump attacks without armor is pointless and probably won't work, so just walk back and trip guard with F3.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Nothing with Cage consistently anti airs SZs Cross jump

If he does an instant jump punch like they usually do you can Neatral duck it and D1 punish it

When they start delaying they're cross jump punches you can now S1 it so it's a read based

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
At this point, I might be earning a place in heaven for seriously trying to deal with all the dirt in this game, using Fisticuffs Cage...man...xD
Trying to make top 8 with him it's like going to a gunfire with a wooden stick. He's even worse than Balanced Kenshi.
I simply can't understand why nrs has not given him anything yet.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Guys, why do you think mimicsummon~exmimicSK is not possible again...? Stealth nerf from march patch, or just a mistake from nrs?

I think someone said this before, but I'm not sure.