What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage General Discussion Thread

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
Maybe I'm not clear enough....forget about the double cancel, we don't get anything out of SKRC in general lol. Our pressure is non existent and on hit we don't get our combo anymore.

From what I can see after a fast testing, F2SKRC and 4SKRC don't combo anymore and lost a billion frames of advantage on block.
F3SKRC can combo, but it's a much slower cancel. I don't think you get advantage on block.
113SKRC doesn't have any advantage on block, is probably punishable. Combo out of it seems possible with 12, but extremely though. I don't think you can combo it into f2, not sure about f3 or f4.
F34SKRC has much less advantage, might be minus. D4SKRC surely isn't +7 lol

We lost waaaaaaaaaaaay too much. Better hope for a fix but the character looks pretty much dead. I'll test more later.....I hope I'm wrong.
I hope you're wrong too D: thanks for the infos

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I can't believe this. Not only Fisticuffs is left helpless. They do this now to A-list.
I'm beggining to think nrs has something personal against Cage xD

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
Ive been trainig alot of HT Jaqui lately and if they just killed both of my characters im gonna be PISSED!

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
From my minimal testing I can say that 11, 114, 12 and 21 hit consistently on the small hitbox crouching characters. However b3 appears to be the same or slightly better. His high attacks 1 and 3 still whiff against the same crouch blocking characters. Ex Forceballs still whiff randomly on these characters as well. 113xxUpShadow is the same as far as I can tell. His jump attacks appear to be exactly the same as they were.

*Edit; f24 into 12 seems much easier now. I am getting combo's that used to be tough for me almost 100% of the time. Also Speed Bag push back seems different... but I can't really quantify it yet.
At least, as you say, (not sure if it was intentional) the f24 leads to more damage in midscreen combos now, 12 connects more consistently.
This is the kind of things Cage comunity gets in a patch full of buffs. Ah yes, and a F34 safe, but with more pushback... xD

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
After more testing, looks like the SKRC is still doable but you can't cancel it like before. It is necessary do to a dash, and input R2 later.

This means that everything is way harder to execute, and you always lose frames. I have waaaaaaay too many input problems that I never had, and even when I manage to do a cancel that looks close to perfect it's still slower than how it was before. Even doing simple combos like F2SKRC 12 is very very very very though.

It's also a problem that the timing to do it is very different if you hit the opponent or not (that's how it feels to me), so the chances of fucking up are really high.

Rant Warning: A-List looks very unviable to me. Some already good characters with braindead execution got buffed to SSS Tier, and we have to deal with this crap? It's absurd. NRS got to fix this

rafaw

#YouSuck
After more testing, looks like the SKRC is still doable but you can't cancel it like before. It is necessary do to a dash, and input R2 later.

This means that everything is way harder to execute, and you always lose frames. I have waaaaaaay too many input problems that I never had, and even when I manage to do a cancel that looks close to perfect it's still slower than how it was before. Even doing simple combos like F2SKRC 12 is very very very very though.

It's also a problem that the timing to do it is very different if you hit the opponent or not (that's how it feels to me), so the chances of fucking up are really high.

Rant Warning: A-List looks very unviable to me. Some already good characters with braindead execution got buffed to SSS Tier, and we have to deal with this crap? It's absurd. NRS got to fix this
I will play just in about 6 hours, but im getting sad reading this =(

Killer Xinok

guys.. I tested here.. and it's the same as before the patch.. some friends told me that it was fixed now.. please, check now the cage combos.. cause I Did all of them, without any problem

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
guys.. I tested here.. and it's the same as before the patch.. some friends told me that it was fixed now.. please, check now the cage combos.. cause I Did all of them, without any problem
Maaaaan that's great, I really hope they released a hotfix then.
I can't play now. If you notice anything different please tell us!
Can you do F2SKRCF2 like before the patch?

Killer Xinok

Maaaaan that's great, I really hope they released a hotfix then.
I can't play now. If you notice anything different please tell us!
Can you do F2SKRCF2 like before the patch?
yep.. everythig is the same, but now with the hitbox buffs, when I Did this and showed my friends here in Brasil.. one of them said that it was fixed, and another one said it was missexecution of their part.. now i don't know what it was.. but THE RUN CANCELS ARE STILL ALIVE O/

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
yep.. everythig is the same, but now with the hitbox buffs, when I Did this and showed my friends here in Brasil.. one of them said that it was fixed, and another one said it was missexecution of their part.. now i don't know what it was.. but THE RUN CANCELS ARE STILL ALIVE O/
i have tried it and it is still messed up maybe we havent recieved it yet. It feels hard as hell :(

P.F.

Noob
Cage lives!

I am glad that they hotfixed that issue out so quickly, especially considering all the retarded stuff that was added in the patch. (Apparently Jacqui's B2 + Up Rocket jails now. +11 on block! WTF????)

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Cage lives!

I am glad that they hotfixed that issue out so quickly, especially considering all the retarded stuff that was added in the patch. (Apparently Jacqui's B2 + Up Rocket jails now. WTF????)
did you try it ? i still have to realese block before dashing :( i just want to know if i should learn it from the beginning on

P.F.

Noob
did you try it ? i still have to realese block before dashing :( i just want to know if i should learn it from the beginning on
I can't experiment with it yet as I am a PC player and I don't know if the patch is on PC yet.

I would guess since console users get priority on fixes/patches the hotfix will be pushed out later today/tomorrow, if Xinok is already experiencing it.

Killer Xinok

There was not any hotfixes until now.. but man.. I didn't miss any skrc. Are you sure you aren't doing wrong execution? today It will have a ft10 me vs FGB_EddieGrey.. 10 PM GMT-4 it will be streamed at twitch.tv/kombatklub
if they don't release the hotfix until there,, you will see how it's still viable

Bilbo11

Noob
done some lab time, can only skrc on hit, on block get punished by normal reversals

is the hotfix real? anyone have any proof? not to get off topic.

Killer Xinok

done some lab time, can only skrc on hit, on block get punished by normal reversals

is the hotfix real? anyone have any proof? not to get off topic.
I did it and did it on block.. and it was true blockstring, then I did it letting 1 frame and cassie's reversal got caught by my other f3.. not sure if it was a hotfix that caused this. But it worked as fast as before

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
NEWS for the people who thought they nerfed A-List cancels. Paulo said today on here it's a glitch that is being addressed. They will go back to normal.
this is being caused by hotfix data on the live servers which are intentionally causing you to have to release block before dashing out. relax it will be fixed
There you go, we'll be fine. I'm so happy to use 114 in an actual match!