What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage General Discussion Thread

P.F.

Noob
NEWS for the people who thought they nerfed A-List cancels. Paulo said today on here it's a glitch that is being addressed. They will go back to normal.

There you go, we'll be fine. I'm so happy to use 114 in an actual match!
Did they change 114 to not be -9000 on block, or do you just mean as an A-List cancel?

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
Well, looks like both my characters got screwed ;(
Good thing its only a bug and will be fixed.
I was in the lab for maybe 20 mins doing combos with jc and jaqui and the timings are really weird with the block input having to be delayed.
Nothing we cant work around tbh because at the end i was hitting f3,f3,f4 pretty consistently but still annoying as hell.
On a side note: You can now actually mash out the dash after string-skrc because the option select that would override the dash before is gone.
Might be of some use later on.

I think NRS doesnt care much about Johnny Cage, and here is the reason: JC community doesnt say anything, unlike many other communities, so NRS doesnt know much about the problems of JC. We never cry for buffs, we only upload a vid about his whiffs recently. IMO NRS does go to TYM and watch tournaments to see what characters need buffs/nerfs (I dont say they often make the right buffs/nerfs(e.g Quan Chi buff, JC fisty nerf...), but I think they do care abt the feedback of players)
So please, notable players (Dizzy, Mike, ...) or anyone with good video-making ability (too bad I'm not), plz speak more for JC community about the problems we are facing (S1,S2,S3 113 stunt double whiff), or maybe some reasonable buffs.
I know JC is a decent character, but many other chars have got buffs (even Quan Chi, Deceptive Reptile, Buzz Saw Kung,Kano...). JC is fine but we hardly see him in tournament, and after the patch notes he is still fine but I think he is only mid-low tier because others are too good.
Sorry for my bad English, but I love JC

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I think NRS doesnt care much about Johnny Cage, and here is the reason: JC community doesnt say anything, unlike many other communities, so NRS doesnt know much about the problems of JC. We never cry for buffs, we only upload a vid about his whiffs recently. IMO NRS does go to TYM and watch tournaments to see what characters need buffs/nerfs (I dont say they often make the right buffs/nerfs(e.g Quan Chi buff, JC fisty nerf...), but I think they do care abt the feedback of players)
So please, notable players (Dizzy, Mike, ...) or anyone with good video-making ability (too bad I'm not), plz speak more for JC community about the problems we are facing (S1,S2,S3 113 stunt double whiff), or maybe some reasonable buffs.
I know JC is a decent character, but many other chars have got buffs (even Quan Chi, Deceptive Reptile, Buzz Saw Kung,Kano...). JC is fine but we hardly see him in tournament, and after the patch notes he is still fine but I think he is only mid-low tier because others are too good.
Look, I understand your logic, I just don't want to be labeled as someone who bitches and complains about the character.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Actually the only fix we got probably happened thanks to my whiffing video and "whining". If it wasn't for that we wouldn't have the 114 or 21 fix.

I have said a billion times that he is low-mid but nobody listen and I am considered a downplayer...when the reality is that he isn't great in anything.

After this patch there are some monsters in the game that can't even be compared with Johnny. Quan Chi, Kano and Tremor were probably good-even matchups....good luck beating them now.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Actually the only fix we got probably happened thanks to my whiffing video and "whining". If it wasn't for that we wouldn't have the 114 or 21 fix.

I have said a billion times that he is low-mid but nobody listen and I am considered a downplayer...when the reality is that he isn't great in anything.

After this patch there are some monsters in the game that can't even be compared with Johnny. Quan Chi, Kano and Tremor were probably good-even matchups....good luck beating them now.
lol

@Mike: I think nobody wants to be labeled like this

I dont remember who upload the whiff vid so I cannot mention. Thank you so much for that vid, it really helped JC. But our community needs more. And I find it both funny and annoying that across the forum, there are people who dont main JC but constantly say JC is fine, JC has good anti-air... JC is a well-balanced char, that's true, but in this game, I dont know what to say.
But I dont need JC to be broken like pre-patch Tanya or Predator, just fix all the whiffs ( I forgot to mention ex Forceball). Some buffs would be great, but I dont think NRS will listen.
Speaking of reasonable buffs, do u guys think Flip kick move forward, Ex flip kick Juggle and 113 0 or +1 on block are reasonable buffs?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco

I dont remember who upload the whiff vid so I cannot mention. Thank you so much for that vid, it really helped JC. But our community needs more. And I find it both funny and annoying that across the forum, there are people who dont main JC but constantly say JC is fine, JC has good anti-air... JC is a well-balanced char, that's true, but in this game, I dont know what to say.
But I dont need JC to be broken like pre-patch Tanya or Predator, just fix all the whiffs ( I forgot to mention ex Forceball). Some buffs would be great, but I dont think NRS will listen.
Speaking of reasonable buffs, do u guys think Flip kick move forward, Ex flip kick Juggle and 113 0 or +1 on block are reasonable buffs?
The main thing is that I have zero problems in saying that my character has evident flaws, while others are ashamed of doing so because don't want to be considered downplayers or whiners.

Is clear that most of his normals still whiff, his aerial attacks sucks, his normals are slow (9frames fastest standing normal and no 7 frames poke = slow), his anti airs pre patch were bad (maybe the general nerf to air attacks helped him, now they might work better), his pressure was ok but far inferior to other pressure characters, his uppercut is bad, his throw is pretty bad, his jump is the worst.
Fisticuff is unviable and stunt double has stupid whiffing problems with his clones....but hey for the jc community it is perfectly fine. Who cares.

In the meantime Kano, Quan, Tremor and others get buffed to the sky...but maybe they needed it.

P.F.

Noob
The main thing is that I have zero problems in saying that my character has evident flaws, while others are ashamed of doing so because don't want to be considered downplayers or whiners.

Is clear that most of his normals still whiff, his aerial attacks sucks, his normals are slow (9frames fastest standing normal and no 7 frames poke = slow), his anti airs pre patch were bad (maybe the general nerf to air attacks helped him, now they might work better), his pressure was ok but far inferior to other pressure characters, his uppercut is bad, his throw is pretty bad, his jump is the worst.
Fisticuff is unviable and stunt double has stupid whiffing problems with his clones....but hey for the jc community it is perfectly fine. Who cares.

In the meantime Kano, Quan, Tremor and others get buffed to the sky...but maybe they needed it.
Our community is so "above the influence" that we're below everyone else on the tier list. We need a hero. We need a Mike Brady. Or Tom Dizzy. Or "someone on the internet who was making videos about the shadow clone and complaining".

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged

He needs something, especially now that lots of characters got buffs. Cage has been left behind with a nerf in the last patch and being almost ignored in this one, and he is falling and falling in the tier lists, being low or low-mid at most.

Flipkick as a reliable antiair would be good, the ex version allowing to combo (as kano uplaser). 113 needs to be safe at least in fisticuffs that cannot do anything to make it safe but wasting meter. There are some other reasonable ideas that people pointed out at the thread "What changes would you do to Fisticuffs", for this variation and Cage in general, that nrs ignored completely in this patch...

Last edited:

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Some post patch cage action:
FT10
SOA_KillerXinok vs FGB_EddieGrey
twitch.tv/kombatklub
I guess it is all about execution then. I saw you pulling off all the canels as we know em. So i think you might have the best execution here. And fn GGs i ve learned new shit thanks to you ^^

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged

rafaw

#YouSuck
Nice to see a fast hotfix for this, i didnt play with the hotfix, someone tested it? how is it?

btw in the 21 string, the 1 feels so much faster than it was to come out, is this a stealth buff? feels like it can break more armors now, but i have not tested.

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
I guess it is all about execution then. I saw you pulling off all the canels as we know em. So i think you might have the best execution here. And fn GGs i ve learned new shit thanks to you ^^
Thanks man. Happy you learned new things o/
that ft10 was before the hotfix, but now that it is fixed, We can all do it

Last edited: