What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
Ok so I started taking Jax seriously again anybody want to get some games in? I'm eager to get my Jax up to par with my Johnny

Buiu

Woot
Jax beats Johnny cage

how do you fight against jc d4?

i cant crush it using f3, it have better range

i cant jump in, it low profile jax jip1 hard, only if u press the button late on the jump, but if i do it, he can just jab me out of the air.

cant dash punch on neutral

cant f2...or f21 , f212

jc have faster projectile

d4 all the on me :DOGE

need help

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D

i cant jump in, it low profile jax jip1 hard, only if u press the button late on the jump, but if i do it, he can just jab me out of the air.

cant f2...or f21 , f212

need help
Honestly the best advice I have is f3 the d4 on whiff or Overhead Punch, I do this everytime I play against Johnny (I hate the mirror). But thats about it d4 stops alot of Jax's options

cant f2...or f21 , f212

need help
You really have to do everything slower. Let the cage player kill themselves. Rarely do cage players think after d4 they will mash another one or do f3 without any type of hit confirm. when they do d1 or d3 kill them with 123 or d12. Stuff their footsies. F3 is greater in wrestler because of the extend of the grab after f3. You Outzone cage too. Use jax to the fullest. Use ground pounds too man they are great to catch cages who just mash d4 in the neutral. If you get energy wave on hit just mid gp. I guarantee you will catch a cage d4 even though you are plus 10. Sorry for the late reply btw I never use tym

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
So uh what do i do about sub?
I play with PU against GM. Be patient and don't let him get away with b2. Always punish it with F3. Air and regular GP works rly good. I usually do air GP and then try to bait them with empty jumps. Also go for armored reversal (bf2d for full combo)after they do clone after strings. I think f4xxclone is only safe one. If they don't exclone

TimTim

Don't Hate
Is there a shortcut for the wrestler brutality?
Like the bumpers or something?
Or do we have to do all four face buttons?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!

cant f2...or f21 , f212

need help
Nah Cage beats Jax

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Question about Wrestler / Pumped Up from a noob to Jax... is there any way to make him more safe? Other than F21, I feel like Ermac with the mix-ups, everything is punishable... is it possible to combo off the low if you finish the string, and whats the best options? Is there any safe openers outside of F21 worth using for getting in (not ticking)?

Also, what are my hardest hitting corner combos with Wrestler yo

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Question about Wrestler / Pumped Up from a noob to Jax... is there any way to make him more safe? Other than F21, I feel like Ermac with the mix-ups, everything is punishable... is it possible to combo off the low if you finish the string, and whats the best options? Is there any safe openers outside of F21 worth using for getting in (not ticking)?

Also, what are my hardest hitting corner combos with Wrestler yo
In wrestler you can end all your strings into gotcha which is around -3 if i recall. So i mean thats safe. Hehe. Max range b2 is safe unless they have something like normal Lao spin. And if you hold it a bit then its plus. In the corner you can do b34 OH dash punch to get a full combo. Mid screen you can do b34 Gotcha.

His "Hardest Hitting" Combo to my knowledge would be in the corner
F21xOHDashPunchxF21x11xF21x124xQuad Slam. It does around 45% no bar. Maybe more. You can do the same off the low and OH but the timing is hard. Since to get the commandgrab ender you have to be height specific. Ending in gotcha usually always works
B34x OHDashPunchx 11x F21x 124x Quad Slam 46% i think
B2x OHDashPunchx F21x 11x F21x 124 Quad Slam 47% i think.

God Confirm

In wrestler you can end all your strings into gotcha which is around -3 if i recall. So i mean thats safe. Hehe. Max range b2 is safe unless they have something like normal Lao spin. And if you hold it a bit then its plus. In the corner you can do b34 OH dash punch to get a full combo. Mid screen you can do b34 Gotcha.

F21xOHDashPunchxF21x11xF21x124xQuad Slam. It does around 45% no bar. Maybe more. You can do the same off the low and OH but the timing is hard. Since to get the commandgrab ender you have to be height specific. Ending in gotcha usually always works
Thank you! That's more than I was working with before. Being safe off one option of the 50/50 in the corner is good enough for me, just wondering about midscreen - do I live off F21 and Tick throw strings? How do I get my opponent to the corner in the first place, do I just have to risk unsafe 50/50, or use F21?It's fine if I do I'm not asking for changes to the character or anything, just making sure I properly understand my options here.

Indecisive

Thank you! That's more than I was working with before. Being safe off one option of the 50/50 in the corner is good enough for me, just wondering about midscreen - do I live off F21 and Tick throw strings? How do I get my opponent to the corner in the first place, do I just have to risk unsafe 50/50, or use F21?It's fine if I do I'm not asking for changes to the character or anything, just making sure I properly understand my options here.
You want to try and push them to the corner with F21 and 11 and d1d2. Learning how to hit confirm your mid screen combos is also very helpful. Since it basically will bring them to the corner. Doing f212 also pushes them far back and keeps you safe. Gotcha on hit leaves you plus enough to do different things. Dash up, run up, Walk and jump in. And it helps push towards the corner. F3 goes over a lot of low pokes. So use that as well. Tick throws are great. Along with normal throws and staggering your strings. F2 and f21 are both plus and can add their own mixup. Staggering the strings midscreen and adding Energy blast will help to keep you at plus so you can hopefully punish the opponent and combo them into the corner. 11 is amazing at bullying the opponent and it pushes you forward. Use that with your other pokes to scare people into pushing buttons then you can do slower start up moves on a read. If you are feeling ballsy 12 EX OH dash Punch into combo midscreen.

Osagri

Gotcha is more like -5

God Confirm

By height specific, what do you mean? If I nail it on frame everytime will it always hit, or do I have to actually slow it down for certain heights?

Osagri

B34 and d12 has a gap so use them wisely. D12 is -7 so it can be punished. I rly use f3 to punish things or on a hard read coz its very VERY unsafe.

Osagri

Corner +52% or 51% on bar
B34xxbf2d,d1,11,b34xxEXgotcha,11,11xxquadslam.
Corner+40% no bar
b34xxbf2d,d1,11,b34xxquadslam.

Indecisive

By height specific, what do you mean? If I nail it on frame everytime will it always hit, or do I have to actually slow it down for certain heights?
After the F21 before the 124 they can be at a certain height and if they are not at the right height the command grab will not work.

Gotcha is more like -5
just checked -4. So its -3. 1 frame out of block

B34 and d12 has a gap so use them wisely. D12 is -7 so it can be punished. I rly use f3 to punish things or on a hard read coz its very VERY unsafe.
They do have gaps but then the reads come in.