What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

FuzzyDunlop

AC/DC Bag > Ghost
Yeah definite nerf to damage but still happy about the d12, only played like 10 matches but didn't notice a change to exgg or anything else

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Why are they nerfing Jax tho its not like hes dominating anything right?
Honestly he needed a corner damage nerf. Not really a mid screen one. Better scaling on the b34 would of been good enough since thats how you get the big damage meter combos.

SamZ

Noob
Jax had pretty absurd damage but with his other tools im not sure it made him stand head and shoulders above the rest of the cast. I guess it really depends what the top 5 characters got for nerfs, if it's warranted or not. I still think Jax will be good.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Honestly he needed a corner damage nerf. Not really a mid screen one. Better scaling on the b34 would of been good enough since thats how you get the big damage meter combos.
I mean on paper his corner damage maybe needed to be toned down, but he also had such heavy weaknesses to balance out his pointed strengths, that I wonder in the wisdom of nerfing a character that hasn't actually done much at all competitively let alone dominate a meta in any way. The way I saw it his big corner damage was ok, Cassie comparitively also hit over 40's and she got to end in the vortex, and has a much nicer neutral, and a crazy projectile game - I mean every decent character has something to set them apart from the pack, this was Jax's, I'm still pretty new to the character so maybe I'm wrong I guess time will tell. I've played and fully fleshed out many of the top tier 50/50 characters, I don't think this one deserved this toning down unless it's a universal thing for 50/50 characters to try and take focus away from that aspect of the game and make the trade off for picking a 50/50 machine a bit heavier. For example if DVorah / Cassie go untouched it will be kinda B.S.

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
First thing I checked was to make sure that 11 was still plus 2, I took me a few matches to realize that my combos were doing less damage. I did the big corner combo but it did only 44%. I think it was 123~bf2d, b34~bf2(ex)d, d1, 11, 124~dbf1

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
First thing I checked was to make sure that 11 was still plus 2, I took me a few matches to realize that my combos were doing less damage. I did the big corner combo but it did only 44%. I think it was 123~bf2d, b34~bf2(ex)d, d1, 11, 124~dbf1
How much did it do before

FuzzyDunlop

AC/DC Bag > Ghost
One I remember (pumped up) is 23~bf2d d1 11 11 124 GG and before it was always 39%-40% depending on the gotcha grab, today it was sometimes 37%

Another was at the start of a match f3~bf2dEX f21 11 f211 12 GG was always 43-44%, today I noticed it was 41% at one point which I knew hadn't happened

I don't think it's a huge deal, and it helps that d12 is -5 now

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
One I remember (pumped up) is 23~bf2d d1 11 11 124 GG and before it was always 39%-40% depending on the gotcha grab, today it was sometimes 37%

Another was at the start of a match f3~bf2dEX f21 11 f211 12 GG was always 43-44%, today I noticed it was 41% at one point which I knew hadn't happened

I don't think it's a huge deal, and it helps that d12 is -5 now
We are talking about the beta

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Is d12 true blockstring now? Are hes gaps the same? If hes CG connects from f3 in hit and block. I'm so happy. He doesn't need it but il take it :) But I doupt that if this is a thing, i wouldn't count it to be there after patch. Think of errons d3 to cg. (or was it d4). Exept f3 is advancing mid. That would be stupid :D

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Is d12 true blockstring now? Are hes gaps the same? If hes CG connects from f3 in hit and block. I'm so happy. He doesn't need it but il take it :) But I doupt that if this is a thing, i wouldn't count it to be there after patch. Think of errons d3 to cg. (or was it d4). Exept f3 is advancing mid. That would be stupid :D
It's a benefit that only one of his variations will see but all 3 will receive the damage nerf, so I think Wrestler is gonna be far and away the best variation if this remains... shame because all 3 variations were so well balanced among themselves, and I feel Jax was well balanced among the cast in general, but o well. At least Wrestlers footsies gonna be amazing

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I play Pumped Up and honestly the damage was too much back then. I know how people use the "no midscreen meterless damage" but thats the case with a few characters.

Gunslinger loses out on damage midscreen but has huge in the corner along with armorbreaking options. Johnny has weak damage - stunt double aside - but he has restands to make up for it. In the current version jax can just f212d2+4 for corner carry and end the round in two mixups.

The only thing I hope for, is for the overhead OS to stay.

SamZ

Noob
I agree, to balance this HUGE damage nerf, wrestler should also be able to tick of of 123 hit/block. (am i doing this right?)

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
It's a benefit that only one of his variations will see but all 3 will receive the damage nerf, so I think Wrestler is gonna be far and away the best variation if this remains... shame because all 3 variations were so well balanced among themselves, and I feel Jax was well balanced among the cast in general, but o well. At least Wrestlers footsies gonna be amazing
Ye but it would still be little too much for wrester imo.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
I tried Jax last night. Im sad my reward for landing raw ex oh dash punch misdcreen is only 30% when it use to be a little more. :(

Thats in Heavy Weapons btw.