What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

Redux

Ex Phase
I've read through the jax forums and am wondering if there's a way to always get the max damage in pumped up during GG. I've been mashing so far but sometimes I'll miss out on like 1 percent lol

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
I've read through the jax forums and am wondering if there's a way to always get the max damage in pumped up during GG. I've been mashing so far but sometimes I'll miss out on like 1 percent lol
Stick or pad?

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Slide your fingers between 121212121212

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Hey not saying it's something I discovered I'm just asking what about using 3b2 as a longer range anti air so it's a safer ain't air? Like this

Hmm, never thought of using 3 as an anti-air. Wonder what its priority is. I suppose that would be the determining factor.

FuzzyDunlop

AC/DC Bag > Ghost
Appreciate all the comments, I was wondering if anyone utilized bf4 as a wake up option every now and then? I never use it really but I kinda recall DarthArma at NEC saying that Jax had some of the best wakeup options in the game. I'm assuming he's talking about DDP and GG but is there any viability to bf4?

I assume it's based on the matchup, I mean if you're a casual player just playing ranked you'll get a lot of opponents that are over aggro, PU has the capability of just waiting for your opponent to make a mistake. Using projectiles and both the ground pound and air ground pound throw some people off.

Also been trying to utilize f3 rather than f4, for some reason I always use f4 for whatever instinctual reason, and sometimes it works with the delayed ddp or it fails. Though f4 can be used on punish correct?

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
pad

thanks ill try that. hopefully it'll work cause I thought my controllers life was going to get shortened using that move lol
On pad I would reach my left thumb over and mash 1 with it and 2 with my right thumb.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
@FuzzyDunlop bf4 isn't very good. You're better off with GG or bf4 to get out of the corner. Bf4d is also good but risky.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Anyone have resources on how to get better without fighting droves and droves of sets online or just mindlessly practicing because I do not know what I'm doing anymore,after realizing this a few days earlier I have been getting murked left and right, even earlier this subzero completely beat by just using clone ice ball, uppercut back dash rinse repeat,I thought I was good but I realize I'm not I even got beat by several other Jax players without them even breaking a sweat.

should I just go to offline locals and just lose and lose until I get a breakthrough, should I go and spend endless hours looking up matchups then that are useless in a real match for example I know this and this is negative and that is punishable but there are a million things that can happen that can make them unpunishable,I don't want to be a decent player, I don't want to be a good player I want to be that guy who goes to a tourney or a local or even online they see my name and their game faces come on,I just don't know where to go from here, im too far gone into the bad habits, this is my first real fighting game and I want to be excellent at it I just don't know how to back track and then build upon it.

sorry for the long read I just wanted to flesh it out as much as I could and not create some bull shit thread that has probably been made thousands of times before of people trying to improve I'm just lost you know and I only have this place to go to for MKX

Last edited:

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Anyone have resources on how to get better without fighting droves and droves of sets online or just mindlessly practicing because I do not know what I'm doing anymore,after realizing this a few days earlier I have been getting murked left and right, even earlier this subzero completely beat by just using clone ice ball, uppercut back dash rinse repeat,I thought I was good but I realize I'm not I even got beat by several other Jax players without them even breaking a sweat,should I just go to offline locals and just lose and lose until I get a breakthrough, should I go and spend endless hours looking up matchups then that are useless in a real match for example I know this and this is negative and that is punishable but there are a million things that can happen that can make them unpunishable,I don't want to be a decent player, I don't want to be a good player I want to be that guy who goes to a tourney or a local or even online they see my name and their game faces come on,I just don't know where to go from here, im too far gone into the bad habits, this is my first real fighting game and I want to be excellent at it I just don't know how to back track and then build upon it, sorry for the long read I just wanted to flesh it out as much as I could and not create some bull shit thread that has probably been made thousands of times before of people trying to improve I'm just lost you know and I only have this place to go to for MKX
As you said, it's your first real fighting game. Most of the people who are really good go at least as far back as Injustice.

Additionally, yes, you have to go to offline functions. Everybody gets wrecked by the occasional online Scrub-Zero warrior. They are playing a different game, essentially.

If you are losing in your offline locals, it means your competition is good, and you should keep going back to that one.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Yeah I just slide my thumb over 12 and back and forth really fast. Seems to work just fine, I dont think I ever really miss that 1%.
Take two fingers and push 2 of the buttons back and forth. 12212121212121212121212. As an example.

Appreciate all the comments, I was wondering if anyone utilized bf4 as a wake up option every now and then? I never use it really but I kinda recall DarthArma at NEC saying that Jax had some of the best wakeup options in the game. I'm assuming he's talking about DDP and GG but is there any viability to bf4?

I assume it's based on the matchup, I mean if you're a casual player just playing ranked you'll get a lot of opponents that are over aggro, PU has the capability of just waiting for your opponent to make a mistake. Using projectiles and both the ground pound and air ground pound throw some people off.

Also been trying to utilize f3 rather than f4, for some reason I always use f4 for whatever instinctual reason, and sometimes it works with the delayed ddp or it fails. Though f4 can be used on punish correct?
Are you talking about his Knee WU? Also Arma was talking about it cause of me. Lmao. Jax has a lot of WU options to cover different situations. If you are talking about WU Knee then i use it and its really good if you do not EX it. Since against most of the cast it is safe. You just have to be careful since it does not have armor. EX verison kinda sucks. Since the second part wiffs a lot.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Anyone have resources on how to get better without fighting droves and droves of sets online or just mindlessly practicing because I do not know what I'm doing anymore,after realizing this a few days earlier I have been getting murked left and right, even earlier this subzero completely beat by just using clone ice ball, uppercut back dash rinse repeat,I thought I was good but I realize I'm not I even got beat by several other Jax players without them even breaking a sweat,should I just go to offline locals and just lose and lose until I get a breakthrough, should I go and spend endless hours looking up matchups then that are useless in a real match for example I know this and this is negative and that is punishable but there are a million things that can happen that can make them unpunishable,I don't want to be a decent player, I don't want to be a good player I want to be that guy who goes to a tourney or a local or even online they see my name and their game faces come on,I just don't know where to go from here, im too far gone into the bad habits, this is my first real fighting game and I want to be excellent at it I just don't know how to back track and then build upon it, sorry for the long read I just wanted to flesh it out as much as I could and not create some bull shit thread that has probably been made thousands of times before of people trying to improve I'm just lost you know and I only have this place to go to for MKX
Wow, maybe split this up into paragraphs. I got about a quarter of the way through before I was like, "nope".

FuzzyDunlop

AC/DC Bag > Ghost
Take two fingers and push 2 of the buttons back and forth. 12212121212121212121212. As an example.

Are you talking about his Knee WU? Also Arma was talking about it cause of me. Lmao. Jax has a lot of WU options to cover different situations. If you are talking about WU Knee then i use it and its really good if you do not EX it. Since against most of the cast it is safe. You just have to be careful since it does not have armor. EX verison kinda sucks. Since the second part wiffs a lot.
Yeah I was talking about the knee one, I just never utilize it. What are some situations that it can be used in?

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Yeah I was talking about the knee one, I just never utilize it. What are some situations that it can be used in?
You are airborn on the first frame. So it makes you grab immune. So you can avoid tick throws by doing this move. Its good in MU's where the opponent cannot get a big punish. Erron Black for example. I use it on knockdown when they do not expect it and again if the character cannot punish it. Since it is only like -7

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Other than GM SZ

What are Jaxes losing MU's?
I really don't think GM is that bad, especially in PU. I hear Tanya is rough, but really haven't fought a lot of them. Goro can actually be tough for Jax, since MB Punchwalk blows up all of Jax's pressure. Especially Kuatan, where you can't really zone too much. Any really strong zoners can be tough, such as HQT and Quan, but once you get in you can usually decimate them, so it kind of evens out.