What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I really don't think GM is that bad, especially in PU. I hear Tanya is rough, but really haven't fought a lot of them. Goro can actually be tough for Jax, since MB Punchwalk blows up all of Jax's pressure. Especially Kuatan, where you can't really zone too much. Any really strong zoners can be tough, such as HQT and Quan, but once you get in you can usually decimate them, so it kind of evens out.
Tanya, Cassie, Maybe Shinnok,
Goro's buttons and armor helps him deal with jax. But i think its 5-5, F/t's buttons are also really good
HQT and Quan i think are 5-5. At far range they win but when jax gets in he destroy's them.
Kotal i feel might be a bad MU
I feel he does alright against Kotal with his projectile
But then again ALOT of the Johnny players say Kotal is a bad MU for him which I also disagree :p
But I can't speak too much on my opinion with Jax as I only recently started playing him again and not fought any good Kotal since
I can see Shinnok being bad alright

Seems Jax has similar issues with chars JC has I guess since their play styles are so similar , but atleast Jax can jump fireballs without worried of being punished like Moonman Johnny

So in general after testing Matchups. Jax doesn't lose to sub the matchup is 5-5 with pumped up and wrestler. More so pumped up. Jax loses to imposter all around. Jax slightly loses to Sonya. Jax beats Johnny cage. His buttons are just better and counterzoning and all out neutral. Tanya is still bad because Tanya. Jax in fact beats tempest 6-4. @karaokelove lol Jax beats Kotal 7-3. Any other Matchups I'm missing as far as misconceptions I'm sorry if I forget. Quote me if you have questions or hmu on psn for the matchup help

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
So in general after testing Matchups. Jax doesn't lose to sub the matchup is 5-5 with pumped up and wrestler. More so pumped up. Jax loses to imposter all around. Jax slightly loses to Sonya. Jax beats Johnny cage. His buttons are just better and counterzoning and all out neutral. Tanya is still bad because Tanya. Jax in fact beats tempest 6-4. @karaokelove lol Jax beats Kotal 7-3. Any other Matchups I'm missing as far as misconceptions I'm sorry if I forget. Quote me if you have questions or hmu on psn for the matchup help
Sorry, but that's not the case. It could be 5/5 and I just suck at fighting Kotal. Play @Eldriken and tell me it's 7/3.

IrishMantis

Nah Jax doesn't beat Johnny I'm sure of it

E

Eldriken

I play homies and death. The matchup is fine people just automatically assume it's bad. It's really not. Stunt double counter zoned by Hw and a list the same also wrestler or pumped is fine. @karaokelove I play pnut who is probably the best war God offline. That matchup is ass for Kotal lol and eldriken is my son
You've got 31 years of allowance, birthday presents and Christmas presents to catch up on, "Dad". =P

IrishMantis

I play homies and death. The matchup is fine people just automatically assume it's bad. It's really not. Stunt double counter zoned by Hw and a list the same also wrestler or pumped is fine. @karaokelove I play pnut who is probably the best war God offline. That matchup is ass for Kotal lol and eldriken is my son
Nah I don't think it's bad either I feel 5-5

For people who have trouble with that 55% pumped up jax combo, you can do b2 overhead into s4 ex overhead instead to replace the b34 for easier execution. its 53 which is 2 percent less but it's better than dropping it period.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
For people who have trouble with that 55% pumped up jax combo, you can do b2 overhead into s4 ex overhead instead to replace the b34 for easier execution. its 53 which is 2 percent less but it's better than dropping it period.

b2~DDP, f21, 11, f212, 124~GG does 47% meterless and is much easier to execute.

I don't know, I suppose I don't see the point of the double DDP combos since there are so many other things I can spend that bar of meter on that lead to far more than an extra 8% damage.

b2~DDP, f21, 11, f212, 124~GG does 47% meterless and is much easier to execute.

I don't know, I suppose I don't see the point of the double DDP combos since there are so many other things I can spend that bar of meter on that lead to far more than an extra 8% damage.
That's what I do also. It's much easier in pumped for some reason if you try to do it in another variation it will be a lot hardet

After going back to pumped up the most consistent way I know to get IA DD4 is to...

Step 1. Hit up on the analogue stick with your right thumb.
Step 2. Quickly tap DD4 with left thumb and extremity of preference.

Good luck and prosper my fellow Jax mains. I know I don't contribute much, but practicing IA DD4 is a valuable tool to add in your play.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
After going back to pumped up the most consistent way I know to get IA DD4 is to...

Step 1. Hit up on the analogue stick with your right thumb.
Step 2. Quickly tap DD4 with left thumb and extremity of preference.

Good luck and prosper my fellow Jax mains. I know I don't contribute much, but practicing IA DD4 is a valuable tool to add in your play.

Indeed.

I posted another method involving pressing :u:d:qtr:d in the other thread to little fanfare. I believe it to be the superior method due to the absence of any awkwardness involved in having to utilize the otherwise purposeless analogue stick, although it is undoubtedly much harder to master.

Basically, you hit up and then hold down as you tap and release the forward button, with the sequence performed as quckly as humanly possible.

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
I heard that someone recently hit the wrestler brutality in a tournament. Does anyone know where I can see the footage of that?

Juanchaaa

Skarlet Tech Junkie
Right now, who are the best Jax players out there?

Last time I saw a Jax was CDjr & Tyrant so I could be wrong...