What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Dude as far as I can tell your the only person disagreeing about sub GM being a bad match up For jax - even poser Paul who initially said he was ok with it stated it was a 6-4 in Subs favour. I know you feel strongly about it and I'm not trying to take that away from you but you should probably be going with the majority vote. Or if you still want to stand your ground about it fine but don't start advertising that as a fact cuz it's not. If you play a GM that is familiar with the jax match up and is a good player you will struggle in that match period.

I'm just going to have to agree to disagree.

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
From what I have played of @st9rm Takeda has his bullshit (Fuck EX Kunai) and some Ronin from Ketchup and Good Dragon. Takeda's normals and armor being so slow cause him real problems in the MU. Even when Takeda is in it is more scarier for him knowing if he fucks up once he is in the Jax blender.
Just remember he can't really do much fullscreen apart from annoy you with Kunai. What you can do however is walk in a range where the Takeda wants to claim space with F12 2+4 and jump back, if you get it to whiff he is so much recovery that you can run in and punish.
Are you talking like strictly SR here? Cause Ronin has a 12f overhead that significantly out ranges any of Jax's normals, and a good armor breaking/beating game, a better projectile than him, and a reflect. I think he kinda dominates the full screen, and is harder to get in on than SR. Far as I can tell it's not a bad MU for Jax or anything but Ronin seems to do better against him

Haha yes I do. And I put my money where my mouth is. im not gonna name drop but there are certain top tournament placing players that struggle to beat my takeda. If you want a game some time please don't hesitate
Ssssshhhhh nobody cares

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Haha yes I do. And I put my money where my mouth is. im not gonna name drop but there are certain top tournament placing players that struggle to beat my takeda. If you want a game some time please don't hesitate
time to buy an xbox!
Ssssshhhhh nobody cares
aww crap and the fire almost died too lol well ill go get my popcorn cuz you know what you just did lol

Edit: Im back

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Oh no
Are you talking like strictly SR here? Cause Ronin has a 12f overhead that significantly out ranges any of Jax's normals, and a good armor breaking/beating game, a better projectile than him, and a reflect. I think he kinda dominates the full screen, and is harder to get in on than SR. Far as I can tell it's not a bad MU for Jax or anything but Ronin seems to do better against him

Ssssshhhhh nobody cares
Oh no the troll is back. Well he asked and I answered so obviously someone cares. I'll tell what they don't care about tho- it's you, a non jax player coming in here to argue about a character you don't even know that well lol. Go away, everything you say is trash

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Can I set you up with a game with my friend? Xbox right?

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable

Ssssshhhhh nobody cares
Honestly I don't have a problem with ronin. Other than the fact that I have to be on my toes all the time. I still think SR is a harder mu.

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
Oh no

Oh no the troll is back. Well he asked and I answered so obviously someone cares. I'll tell what they don't care about tho- it's you, a non jax player coming in here to argue about a character you don't even know that well lol. Go away, everything you say is trash
I mean everything I said so far has been correct, I even had to correct u on things like saying Jax can't punish things that he can, so why is it that I don't even know this character well, I'd say I probably know him better than u based off the misinformation u constantly spout

But whatever, am just a troll rite. U really took it personal that I didn't agree with ur opinion of what facts is. I don't give a shit what you call me, just stop with all this ridiculous posturing in here lol. Have a nice day.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
While he may improve in the neutral he looses the ability to basically hit me for free like SR does with the Kunai setups so that is a plus. To be honest even SR controls the neutral against Jax for the most part however due to how silly it is when Jax does get in Takeda in general has to hold a bunch of shit. While Ronin does offer some nice utility moves such as the reflect we can bypass it by sparingly firing rockets aimed to trade in HW and doing jump forward GP in PU to expand on the fullscreen game. I do agree he is harder to get in on due to the fact he is harder to whiff punish though.

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
While he may improve in the neutral he looses the ability to basically hit me for free like SR does with the Kunai setups so that is a plus. To be honest even SR controls the neutral against Jax for the most part however due to how silly it is when Jax does get in Takeda in general has to hold a bunch of shit. While Ronin does offer some nice utility moves such as the reflect we can bypass it by sparingly firing rockets aimed to trade in HW and doing jump forward GP in PU to expand on the fullscreen game. I do agree he is harder to get in on due to the fact he is harder to whiff punish though.
Makes sense, I guess Ronin is a "win more" on the neutral that SR already wins anyway, and the trade off isn't worth the loss of ways to open up that SR has

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Not played a really good HQT yet but I can see it being bad I never listed it due to lack of MU exp.
One of the reasons I took a break from playing for a while was having played @General M2Dave's HQT. He's definitely a much better player than me, but that MU had me raging. Jax has no good way in, and Predator's pokes mean you can't just patiently work your way in, you've got to mix it up and hang back, eating low bolts the entire time. You almost have to play like you're starting the match with a 50% health deficiency. The only saving grace is that once you do get him cornered or knocked down, he doesn't really have any solid wakeup options, so it plays kind of like the Quan MU.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
The way I like to deal with ronin is rush him down as hard possible when he doesn't have his blade. Since his normals are slower than average jax can pressure free. and when he does have it, I try to bait out ex dp and back dash as mush as possible during takedas blender.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Makes sense, I guess Ronin is a "win more" on the neutral that SR already wins anyway, and the trade off isn't worth the loss of ways to open up that SR has
That is the way I see it. I think playing against Ronin you can afford to just be the more sold player and come out on top. Whereas the SR stuff can straight up take the round from one mistake on your part which changes the dynamics of how any possible life lead works.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
@karaokelove I figured as much. The only reason I didn't scrap it as a bad MU from the get go was because of how much an advantage we have on knockdown. But it's a bit of a different story if the zoning turns out as bad as I thought.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Your takeda, and chill, you said not to hesitate for a match. Why are you gonna say that then just question an ask for a match?
Ye but I challenged you and the point was to see if I know what I am doing with takeda but if your just gonna pass it on to a friend what's the point then? Lol I have friends too does your friend wanna play against my friend xarakamaka? Haha

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Ye but I challenged you and the point was to see if I know what I am doing with takeda but if your just gonna pass it on to a friend what's the point then? Lol I have friends too does your friend wanna play against my friend xarakamaka? Haha
When did you challenge me? Not once did you say that, but I'll play you too. I'm ass online so you'll probably come out on top. As for my friend, he's a SR player and I'm just trying to get him experience. And I don't Ive seen him lose a mirror yet either.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
I mean everything I said so far has been correct, I even had to correct u on things like saying Jax can't punish things that he can, so why is it that I don't even know this character well, I'd say I probably know him better than u based off the misinformation u constantly spout

But whatever, am just a troll rite. U really took it personal that I didn't agree with ur opinion of what facts is. I don't give a shit what you call me, just stop with all this ridiculous posturing in here lol. Have a nice day.
I didn't take it personally I just don't get why you playing devils advocate and where nitpicking and analysing something I said when there are several other people in here. I just gave general examples big deal- sue me. If you want hard facts then you shouldn't be on tym.
I can't take anything you say hence forth seriously so forget it.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
When did you challenge me? Not once did you say that, but I'll play you too. I'm ass online so you'll probably come out on top. As for my friend, he's a SR player and I'm just trying to get him experience. And I don't Ive seen him lose a mirror yet either.
You do realise I play ronin right? But I dabble in the others. Ye sure don't mind helping out. But I am from the UK so if he is from the states then the online thang will be a lot worse for both of us but I don't mind trying...

P.S I didn't mean I challenged you personally I just meant everyone in this forum is welcome.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
You do realise I play ronin right? But I dabble in the others. Ye sure don't mind helping out. But I am from the UK so if he is from the states then the online thang will be a lot worse for both of us but I don't mind trying...

P.S I didn't mean I challenged you personally I just meant everyone in this forum is welcome.
Whats your gt? Did you want a mirror or it doesnt matter? And he plays madzin every now and then so I don't think it'll be that bad.