What's new

Combo List - Jax Jax Combo Thread

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I can't figure out why I should bother doing Jax's f212 124 GG combos. It seems to me that the risk of dropping them far outweighs the potential reward. We just saw CDjr miss out on Top 8 in DTN essentially because he dropped one.

Agree or disagree?

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I can't figure out why I should bother doing Jax's f212 124 GG combos. It seems to me that the risk of dropping them far outweighs the potential reward. We just saw CDjr miss out on Top 8 in DTN essentially because he dropped one.

Agree or disagree?
This in Pumped up? if so I don't really risk it I always do 12 GG or D12 because the link is quite tight. Only when I hit the F212 as low as possible do i do 124 or if I plan on EX'ing for a little more damage.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
This in Pumped up? if so I don't really risk it I always do 12 GG or D12 because the link is quite tight. Only when I hit the F212 as low as possible do i do 124 or if I plan on EX'ing for a little more damage.
Yes, Pumped Up is my thing.

Even tougher than the corner carries are the optimal corner ones, though. 11 f212 124 GG seems... Unnecessary given the difficulty.

I prefer to stick with 11 11 b34 GG.

UPR_Nova

Noob
Is anybody actually utilizing the double OH dash punch in the corner yet? If so, do you find it easy to decide quickly in matches to convert that instead of meterless?

UPR_Nova

Noob
Also it's probably known already but I found his best ender in the corner to be ...f21, 11, f212, 124 xx GG. It's easy to confirm if you have popped them high enough to do the 124 or 12 at the end of the combo plus it tacks on at least 3% to every corner combo with around the same execution needed as others.

UPR_Nova

Noob
We were discussing the 124 corner ender like 3 posts up lol but yeah its the most optimal for no bar.
Sorry about that I knew I probably overlooked it. I just haven't seen people start with f21 after the OH dash punch. I always see 11 or d1d2 which leaves at least 3% on the table with or without the 124 ender.

Btw, have you had any use of the double OH dash punch in the corner?

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
The F21 corner combo from the none EX is difficult and kinda new since the patch so that is maybe why you don't see it as much, I really only do it on males. I don't use the double overhead I would much rather spend my meter to stuff wakeups or if i'm playing pumped up save my meter for AA's or EX GG reversals because it doesn't really add to much damage spending the meter.

UPR_Nova

Noob
Another bit (again that's probably already known) is Jax can combo off raw uppercuts in the corner even if the opponent is NOT flipped out of the corner. D2, d1d2, 11, f212, 124 xx GG for 35% or d2, d1d1, 11, f212, 111 EX GP for 43%.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I knew just never found much application for why I would be doing a raw D2, sounds like you've been in the lab though so keep throwing stuff out might be something you find nobody bothered to.

UPR_Nova

Noob
The F21 corner combo from the none EX is difficult and kinda new since the patch so that is maybe why you don't see it as much, I really only do it on males. I don't use the double overhead I would much rather spend my meter to stuff wakeups or if i'm playing pumped up save my meter for AA's or EX GG reversals because it doesn't really add to much damage spending the meter.
Makes sense for sure. I had a feeling that experienced Jax's only used that to kill. Having that option to burn to do 55% in some cases (and 61% with 2 bars) is very nice though. I have a long way to go with meter management with this animal obviously.

UPR_Nova

Noob
I
I knew just never found much application for why I would be doing a raw D2, sounds like you've been in the lab though so keep throwing stuff out might be something you find nobody bothered to.
Yeah I've found a main I think. Pumped up has the Goro ground pound utility with better everything else and monster damage. Just trying to find out more about combos and stuff. 111 has nice use for enders. Are there any HKDs that I should be familiar with? Is Jax a character that will really benefit from a HKD? Sorry I should probably take this to private or another thread.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I wouldn't really choose to end in 111 I will either choose GG for the +8 and meter build F212 2+4 for spacing + corner carry. These two enders should be enough for all situations, you can also try out what Tyrant does and end combos in the corner after F212 with 11 12 OverheadDP as they rise quicker and see how you like that.

UPR_Nova

Noob
I wouldn't really choose to end in 111 I will either choose GG for the +8 and meter build F212 2+4 for spacing + corner carry. These two enders should be enough for all situations, you can also try out what Tyrant does and end combos in the corner after F212 with 11 12 OverheadDP as they rise quicker and see how you like that.
Is 111 the only ender that guarantees EX GP? I see that f212 does but only in certain situations.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I'm pretty sure Jax's only guaranteed EX GP's are from a well timed D2 or AA Plasma but i'm popping on now and will check. I'm almost certain 111 is not plus 30+ something though.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I'm pretty sure Jax's only guaranteed EX GP's are from a well timed D2 or AA Plasma but i'm popping on now and will check. I'm almost certain 111 is not plus 30+ something though.
DDP and b121 also guarantee a GP.

Of course, no one ever uses b121, although they probably should. B1 is two frames faster than f21, and you can pretty easily cancel b12 into plasma or something else that is safe.

I remember I tried working it into my game at some point, but I just kind of dropped it for some reason.

UPR_Nova

Noob
I'm getting EX GP every time after a 111 mid juggle. It won't get it standalone. Testing against Reptile EX side wake-up.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I'm getting EX GP every time after a 111 mid juggle. It won't get it standalone. Testing against Reptile EX side wake-up.
Hmmm ok this could be a worthwhile investment depending on the setup after comparing it to finishing in EX GG and regular GG. Brb going to lab it a little while.

Good stuff btw.

Works and comes in at 3% more damage and you get the knockdown, nice to know if you want to go for max possible damage, but you loose the restand.

Last edited:
So it's possible to fit an instant jump 1 after a F3 run cancel with HW Jax. I'm sure these combos have been posted before, and if they have, I've wasted your time and I deeply apologize for doing so

notation: f3 xx rocket launcher run cancel, instant jump forward 1, 3b2, f21, 11, f212, d12 xx gotcha grab (combo does 29% if you end the combo with f212d2+4)

notation: f3 xx rocket run cancel, instant jump forward 1, 4 xx en overhead punch, run, f21, 11, f212, 124 xx gotcha grab

If these combos aren't common knowledge, then yay i did a thing

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
@GOOD DRAGON Showed me this but I don't think its that well known, I choose not to do it for the sake of consistency. I believe you can also do it from 123 but its a really tough link.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
I have been doing b3xxlawcancel,3b2 for meterles corner carry. It's legit and pretty easy link. Also 23 xx lawcancel,3b2 works but link is tighter.
Edit: Just realized already posted

Last edited: