What's new

Combo List - Jax Jax Combo Thread

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Can someone help me out? How much damage does each variation get MIDSCREEN from F2 / F3 opener?

I take it F3 is better than F2 for HW because of the cancel link, and gets 43% off F3 for a bar apparently... what does he and Pumped up get off optimally F2, both meterless and with a bar, or even 2 if its worth while? Thanks in advance !

and yes, pokes are jax' downfall. Ermac blows him up, and Sub blows him the fuck up too
Can someone explain why pokes are his downfall? I mean hes got a 10f mid is a great opener for him. It's not good for any character to get hit by a poke, why is Jax any worse, seems to me that he is better off than alot of characters vs a good poke game, he has no need to ever open with a high, can someone help me understand this statement? Because it doesn't quite click with me.

UPR_Nova

Noob
F3 into law cancel on block is hella negative and actually punishable if I recall correctly (I'm a pumped up guy so someone will come in here and correct me if I'm wrong). When a good opponent sees the f3 come out they know the pressure is essentially over unless you go yolo OH dash punch. F2 gets low profiled by so many damn pokes it's crazy, especially from its max range. You have to figure out how to get people to stand, which isn't too bad with his d3 which I think is pretty damn solid.

Depending on the closeness to the corner, you can net about 44% I think from f2. I'd have to get into the lab to check that percentage but it's quite a bit. It might be closer to 42%. Regardless, he hits pretty hard and just because he can cancel the law on HW, doesn't automatically mean he gets more damage. HW and Wrestler get about the same damage but you have to spend meter to get it. Pumped up in the corner is dumb. 55% off one bar depending upon the starter.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Can someone explain why pokes are his downfall?
If it's heavy weapons understand that a poke will interrupt your pressure and allow the opponent to free themselves up to punish whatever you try next. Normally not a problem for other characters as much but with Jax the opportunities to poke him are very often.ALSO ..Jax isn't positive on any cancels except s4 >rc which is like +5-6 also stand 4? A high.
he has no need to ever open with a high
f3 is space control not a combo starter. 123 is your go to punish in short a high. 1-1 for checking ..high, dash punch...high..gotcha grab...high f212 is not a good combo starter.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
If it's heavy weapons understand that a poke will interrupt your pressure and allow the opponent to free themselves up to punish whatever you try next. Normally not a problem for other characters as much but with Jax the opportunities to poke him are very often.ALSO ..Jax isn't positive on any cancels except s4 >rc which is like +5-6 also stand 4? A high.
f3 is space control not a combo starter. 123 is your go to punish in short a high. 1-1 for checking ..high, dash punch...high..gotcha grab...high f212 is not a good combo starter.
F3 into law cancel on block is hella negative and actually punishable if I recall correctly (I'm a pumped up guy so someone will come in here and correct me if I'm wrong). When a good opponent sees the f3 come out they know the pressure is essentially over unless you go yolo OH dash punch. F2 gets low profiled by so many damn pokes it's crazy, especially from its max range. You have to figure out how to get people to stand, which isn't too bad with his d3 which I think is pretty damn solid.

Depending on the closeness to the corner, you can net about 44% I think from f2. I'd have to get into the lab to check that percentage but it's quite a bit. It might be closer to 42%. Regardless, he hits pretty hard and just because he can cancel the law on HW, doesn't automatically mean he gets more damage. HW and Wrestler get about the same damage but you have to spend meter to get it. Pumped up in the corner is dumb. 55% off one bar depending upon the starter.
Ok so you saying that they can poke out of pressure on block, and that some mids whiff? The statement kinda makes more sense now.

I'm more interested in what my damage question anyway. Not worried about corner damage, just assuming purely midscreen, can you guys help me fill in the blanks?

Pumped Up:
F2 opener = __% meterless, __% 1 Bar
F3 opener = __% meterless, __% 1 Bar

Heavy Weapons:

I see you gave me some numbers, but I'm not actually sure which variation you are referring to... I've been playing in the lab with Jax for a bit now and got down some simple BnBs, just wondering if you guys could tell me the POSSIBLE damage off these openers purely midscreen, I don't need the notation or anything just trying to do some research here. Thanks in advance. I appreciate the responses so far btw.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Ok so you saying that they can poke out of pressure on block, and that some mids whiff? The statement kinda makes more sense now.

I'm more interested in what my damage question anyway. Not worried about corner damage, just assuming purely midscreen, can you guys help me fill in the blanks?

Pumped Up:

Heavy Weapons:

I see you gave me some numbers, but I'm not actually sure which variation you are referring to... I've been playing in the lab with Jax for a bit now and got down some simple BnBs, just wondering if you guys could tell me the POSSIBLE damage off these openers purely midscreen, I don't need the notation or anything just trying to do some research here. Thanks in advance. I appreciate the responses so far btw.
F21: 41% (46% Midscreen to corner)

F3: 40% (45% Midscreen to corner)

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
But u can do 123xxEXdf2d,run f21,11,f212 U dont have to cancel it after 12 anymore to get the full combo. Works consistantly to the ladys now too

Osagri

Pumped Up:

Heavy Weapons:

Hw f3 42% mid to corner. Mid is 37%
F21 43%. mid to corner. Mid is 39%

Osagri

May I add that if u do d1 after 11 for pressure they can't interrupt it. Except w armor obviously

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Imma I use this shit, now all i need to do is bother @KpTz | FOREVER WOLF for some guidance and i think I'll have a solid wrestler for the showdown and since he's actually volunteering I recommend all of you who want to pickup or just trying to master Jax to hit him up on psn
Just be careful because committing to b3 in wrestler when the opponent has a bar is death considering b3 is -14 and both b3d2 and b34 has a gap.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Ok now that I've Seen it this requires for you to either stuff a wakeup or read a wakeup and punish, then it also requires the opponent to guess wrong on a 50/50 MB throw or hope they don't tech it and also you must land two dash punches in a combo and that they don't armour out the OTG this is very swaggy but very set-up heavy