What's new

Combo List - Jax Jax Combo Thread

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
This is a thread so we could organize our findings a bit easier.

Key:

xx = cancel

xbox
1 = X
2= Y
3= A
4= B.

ps4
1 = square
2= triangle
3= X
4= circle

These are done with the Pumped Up variation but it's the same across all variations. In Wrestler variation sub out Gotcha in the combos with the Multi Throw.

Midscreen:

(If the combo includes run just remember that its more difficult to perform on female characters because Jax is chivalrous and is polite to women)

12frame mid starter:

F21 xx Ex Overhead Punch, run F21, 11, F21 xx Gotcha. 41%

5frame high starter:
12 xx Ex Overhead Dash Punch, run xx F21, 11, F21 xx Gotcha

Easy version of run combo:
F21 xx Ex Overhead Dash Punch, run xx F3 xx Dash Punch 29%

Meterless midscreen 10 frame punish:
3b2, F21, 11, F21 xx Gotcha 29%

Overhead starter
B2 xx Ex Overhead Dash Punch, run F21, 11, F21 xx Gotcha

Corner combos

Low starter:
B34 xx overhead dash punch, D12, 11, 11, 124 xx Gotcha

Overhead starter:
B2 xx overhead dash punch , 11, 11, 11, 124 xx Gotcha

And here's some random option select tech with his overhead as a bonus:

Last edited:
Nice work. I just got 42% with wrestler in the corner off of b34 and the combo looks pretty much the same except for the d12 after the overhead dash punch. Glad I'm on the right track.

Burnout

Keep et Classy
My version of combos. Pretty much 90% already posted above I suppose.

Combo Annotations:-
1. Generic BnB: (Universal)
ji1 - f21* - EX DashPunch (Overhead) - Run - f21 - 11 -f21 - DashPunch**

*Change into 'b2' for overhead or '23' for low hits
**For extra 2% damage and further distance, use EX Major Pain (bf4)

2. Corner: (Universal) f21 - DashPunch (Overhead) - f21 - 11 - 11 - 124 - Gotcha Grab***

***EX Gotcha Grab for little damage boost. Must be mashing if you are in 'Pumped Up' variation.

I seem to be struggling connecting the f21 11 after ex overhead dash punch, any tips on getting the run command input timing correctly?
Edit: after a couple hours of practice I figured out I just wasn't doing dash command quick enough and person was getting to much distance for me to do combo successfully

Last edited:
How consistly are you hitting these combos thats the ? not can you do them 3 out 5 1 out 7 1 out 10 this is not mk9 its mkx but I could do mk9 combos and hit them 9 out 10 times combos are not anything unless you can consistly land them.Just a thought.No offense.

How consistly are you hitting these combos thats the ? not can you do them 3 out 5 1 out 7 1 out 10 this is not mk9 its mkx but I could do mk9 combos and hit them 9 out 10 times combos are not anything unless you can consistly land them.Just a thought.No offense.
fiem believer in executing so much you etch into muscle memory haha. The first time you get timing right you kinda feel when inputs should be executed and therefore execution itself gets better as well. But to answer your question my execution percentage on overhead dash punch to run is still low but I'm keeping at it.

So you been pulling these combos in matches as well pratice make perfect I agree muscle memory important I like the combos look great got start doing with ground pound start up.

This is a thread so we could organize our findings a bit easier.

Key:

xx = cancel

xbox
1 = X
2= Y
3= A
4= B.

ps4
1 = square
2= triangle
3= X
4= circle

These are done with the Pumped Up variation but it's the same across all variations. In Wrestler variation sub out Gotcha in the combos with the Multi Throw.

Midscreen:

(If the combo includes run just remember that its more difficult to perform on female characters because Jax is chivalrous and is polite to women)

12frame mid starter:

F21 xx Ex Overhead Punch xx run F21, 11, F21 xx Gotcha. 41%

5frame high starter:
12 xx Ex Overhead Dash Punch xx run xx F21, 11, F21 xx Gotcha

Overhead starter
B2 xx Ex Overhead Dash Punch xx run F21, 11, F21 xx Gotcha

Corner combos

Low starter:
B34 xx overhead dash punch, D12, 11, 11, 124 xx Gotcha

Overhead starter:
B2 xx overhead dash punch , 11, 11, 11, 124 xx Gotcha

And here's some random option select tech with his overhead as a bonus:

I love Jax tech!!

Drecker

GET CITY.
Closing out rounds with EX Ground Pound (corner):

After any string into jab loops, after 3-4 reps depending on the starter, immediately d2 and EX Ground Pound for a mostly unavoidable 13% meaty. Great for ending a round if a Gotcha / EX Gotcha won't quite do the trick.

This trades with most armored moves for the 13% free, but things like D'vorah's X-Ray will clear it cleanly. Know what characters can reversal out of this before going for it, but it's pretty dirty.

Shades of MK9??

delbuster

hungry
whoa that is nuts. have you found an improved overhead combo as well? assuming it is possible because bf2d will launch higher after b2 than b34?

jrock920

Noob
Added a runless meterless midscreen 29% combo and an easy version of the run combo in the OP.

Just dash punch looks like.

I edited that out, it's not a cancel. You just run as soon as the ex overhead dash punch is done.
really that doesnt work for me

So after practicing some more, if anyone is having problem with run combo, may have a tip. This is only if you are connecting the f21 after dash. If you find yourself missing the 11 you may be spamming it after f21 which is what I found myself to be my problem. I wish I could explain the timing better for the input