What's new

Combo List - Jax Jax Combo Thread

UPR_Nova

Noob
Not sure how to ask this question but I feel it's necessary especially with the way in which the meta will eventually evolve in my personal opinion. The BnB mid screen is accomplished with one run cancel after the OH Dash Punch, however, I have found it TONS easier to do as follows: starter xx EX bf2d, RC f21, RC 11, f21 xx db1. Is anyone else using this method? Although it is more input heavy the second run cancel causes a constant "flow" (if you will) of inputs that I find to make the combo easier. I'm also aware that it can be done without the second one, therefore, if I'm short on stamina, I can still pull the combo if necessary without the second RC. This leads to the question(s): how have the day one players been treating this combo? Did you even know this was possible? Do you think it's easier or harder now that you've tried the second cancel? Will this cripple the stamina meter of Jax although it takes so little to execute the second cancel? Will this just end up becoming preference? Thanks for the input ahead of time guys/gals, I really appreciate it. Also, forgive me if this is really trivial.

Edit: I should also ask the preference of the combo ender in the corner. What are the advantages and disadvantages of both the Gotcha Grab and the command grab? Forgive me if I've overlooked that information but I can't seem to find anything. Also, what is preferred by Jax mains? Thanks again!

Not sure how to ask this question but I feel it's necessary especially with the way in which the meta will eventually evolve in my personal opinion. The BnB mid screen is accomplished with one run cancel after the OH Dash Punch, however, I have found it TONS easier to do as follows: starter xx EX bf2d, RC f21, RC 11, f21 xx db1. Is anyone else using this method? Although it is more input heavy the second run cancel causes a constant "flow" (if you will) of inputs that I find to make the combo easier. I'm also aware that it can be done without the second one, therefore, if I'm short on stamina, I can still pull the combo if necessary without the second RC. This leads to the question(s): how have the day one players been treating this combo? Did you even know this was possible? Do you think it's easier or harder now that you've tried the second cancel? Will this cripple the stamina meter of Jax although it takes so little to execute the second cancel? Will this just end up becoming preference? Thanks for the input ahead of time guys/gals, I really appreciate it. Also, forgive me if this is really trivial.

Edit: I should also ask the preference of the combo ender in the corner. What are the advantages and disadvantages of both the Gotcha Grab and the command grab? Forgive me if I've overlooked that information but I can't seem to find anything. Also, what is preferred by Jax mains? Thanks again!
I don't find it easier. The hardest and most inconsistent part of the combo is hitting the f21 after the RC. The 11 is easy, if you hit 11 too fast it won't come out though - it requires a short pause. The only thing that makes this combo easier is the starter you use... 23 or 12 makes them not fly as far away.

Gotcha grab in pumped up is the ideal ender because it restands the opponent and it does a LOT of damage. If you're wrestler you want to end with command grab because it does a good chunk more damage than the standard gotcha. Either variation you want to do b34 right before your commandgrab/gotcha. Most people are 11 spamming into a 124 and it doesn't do as much damage.

UPR_Nova

Noob
I don't find it easier. The hardest and most inconsistent part of the combo is hitting the f21 after the RC. The 11 is easy, if you hit 11 too fast it won't come out though - it requires a short pause. The only thing that makes this combo easier is the starter you use... 23 or 12 makes them not fly as far away.

Gotcha grab in pumped up is the ideal ender because it restands the opponent and it does a LOT of damage. If you're wrestler you want to end with command grab because it does a good chunk more damage than the standard gotcha. Either variation you want to do b34 right before your commandgrab/gotcha. Most people are 11 spamming into a 124 and it doesn't do as much damage.
B34 tacks on so much damage. Starter, d1, 11, b34 is what I always use if I have meter and 11 spam otherwise. I'm finally not having much problems landing either part of the combo but for some unknown reason, I like that second cancel. I should have mentioned also that I don't find either one difficult, just that the double cancel forces the 11 to come out quicker. Maybe my question will only really apply to those using it, however, I do like the information you have given.

Reason I asked about the ender would be advantage and if ending in say command grab was not really effective because it didn't grant enough advantage for solid oki. Thank you so much for your input! Much needed.

Bolton

Noob
New(?) Meterless Gender-specific(?) Combo
I'd just like to mention that this combo is actually, quite horribly, height-specific. Only works on the tallest characters like Raiden, Goro, and Kotal Khan among others. I'm not sure if we have height classes defined for this game or not, if we do, I'd appreciate a link.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
I'd just like to mention that this combo is actually, quite horribly, height-specific. Only works on the tallest characters like Raiden, Goro, and Kotal Khan among others. I'm not sure if we have height classes defined for this game or not, if we do, I'd appreciate a link.
I test all combos on Cassie and Sub. Ill post a vid when i get time.

greedface

Beat SonicFox in a first to 100 and I have proof.
For Heavy Wep Jax, what's a good combo for when you njp someone trying to jump out of the corner?

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
uh what? why would u want to see a lot of players use ur character. i am glad i dont run into that many jaxes, i dont have to worry about mirror matches and it really grinds my gears when i see someone playing jax better than me.
So true! I want to play Jax he's so strong, but someone at my local is already using him and we don't have a massive scene and he is one of the better players, so I'm sitting out on him for now. Amazing character though might pick him up as a territory once I feel comfortable with my others

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
I feel Jax really struggles against characters with fast pokes. Pressure isn't as easy. Shinnok is especially bad, you eat a single poke and you are in trouble. And I strongly feel wrestler is by far his best variation(if you spam command grab and 11,lol).

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
I got 51% corner combo with one bar.B34xxbf2d,d1,11,b34xxEXgotcha,11,11xxguadslam. +40% with b34xxbf2d,d1,11,b34xx guadslam

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
These are the combos I use. Would be grateful if anyone gave me better options. Jax wrestler
b34xxbf2d,d1,11,f212,11,12xxdbf1b 43%
b2xxbf2d,d1d2,11,f212,11,12dbf1b 41%
b2xxbfd2,d1d2,b34xxexdb1,124dbf1b 50%
b34bfd2,d1,11,b34exdb1,11,12dbf1b
51%

I feel Jax really struggles against characters with fast pokes. Pressure isn't as easy. Shinnok is especially bad, you eat a single poke and you are in trouble. And I strongly feel wrestler is by far his best variation(if you spam command grab and 11,lol).
i agree aboout the pokes, i've been struggling a lot with ermac players, they seem to down poke a ton and i cant get my normal spacing down to do the f21 pressure

highest I could get was 30 hits 54% in the corner, HW , it looks so trolly xD

and yes, pokes are jax' downfall. Ermac blows him up, and Sub blows him the fuck up too

TimTim

Don't Hate
Hey guys at the Jax forum.
I played Jax in mk9 and he was my mans but I only just recently got mkx.
I've tried the new characters but I know I want to play Jax.
I'd consider myself a high execution player because I got down Johnny's and scorpions run cancels pretty quickly but Jax is giving me trouble.
When doing law cancels I sometimes get dash punch instead of rocket. What is the exact order of inputs I should be doing. Honestly it usually happens from f21.

Also his midscreen Bnb is giving me an enormous amount of trouble.
I've tried every started from 12 23 f21 b3 and I just can't get it.
The f21 never connects after exOH dash.
I'm doing the run into f21 almost as fast as it is possible.
Honestly I get the most luck out of f21 into exOH because I can delay the exOH dash and they land closer to me so I can get the f21.
It just seems impossible they are always too low before I get close and too far if I do it quickly.
Also I get dash a lot.
I check my inputs after the exOH and the block always registers but Jax dashes.
Any advice?

Hey guys at the Jax forum.
I played Jax in mk9 and he was my mans but I only just recently got mkx.
I've tried the new characters but I know I want to play Jax.
I'd consider myself a high execution player because I got down Johnny's and scorpions run cancels pretty quickly but Jax is giving me trouble.
When doing law cancels I sometimes get dash punch instead of rocket. What is the exact order of inputs I should be doing. Honestly it usually happens from f21.

Also his midscreen Bnb is giving me an enormous amount of trouble.
I've tried every started from 12 23 f21 b3 and I just can't get it.
The f21 never connects after exOH dash.
I'm doing the run into f21 almost as fast as it is possible.
Honestly I get the most luck out of f21 into exOH because I can delay the exOH dash and they land closer to me so I can get the f21.
It just seems impossible they are always too low before I get close and too far if I do it quickly.
Also I get dash a lot.
I check my inputs after the exOH and the block always registers but Jax dashes.
Any advice?
To do the run cancel in the middle of jax's mid screen bnb, after some starter into EX OHDP, you want to run exactly 1 step then do the f21 to catch them, works for male characters. For female characters run an extra half step.
As for the rocket cancels, that's just your bad inputs, maybe try switching off negative edge in the controller options if you have it on, hope that helps.

TimTim

Don't Hate
To do the run cancel in the middle of jax's mid screen bnb, after some starter into EX OHDP, you want to run exactly 1 step then do the f21 to catch them, works for male characters. For female characters run an extra half step.
As for the rocket cancels, that's just your bad inputs, maybe try switching off negative edge in the controller options if you have it on, hope that helps.
Exactly when do we input the run after exoh I usually get dashes or feel like I run late.

Exactly when do we input the run after exoh I usually get dashes or feel like I run late.
Immediately after the over head, the combo has really tight timing at every stage, if your slow on your inputs the combo will drop... it's just hard, keep practising