What's new

Combo List - Jax Jax Combo Thread

KanoBaII

Noob
Oh and I didn't know the ex ground pound was garunteed off 111. Although I knew about that combo I've just never tried it because its so tight.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Did they add scaling to the ex ground pound on the beta? I swear I just got like a 4% ex ground pound off a f212
That may be a universal nerf to all OTG's. If I remember correctly, Kotal's EX Ground Pound was only getting around 2% after a B3,2 ender.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Why even use pumped up anymore? Rip
Yeah, my variation is dead. At least Wrestler got some nice shit headed its way, but damn. Pumped Up was always so slept on, it is a shame it never got its chance to shine.

As for 111, Ex GP is only guaranteed if the string is performed on airborne or juggled opponents.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Yeah, my variation is dead. At least Wrestler got some nice shit headed its way, but damn. Pumped Up was always so slept on, it is a shame it never got its chance to shine.

As for 111, Ex GP is only guaranteed if the string is performed on airborne or juggled opponents.
Jax getting universally nerfed, while DVorah gets universally buffed surprises me. There really wasn't a world of difference between the two in terms of power level. There will be after the patch however.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
PU is going to need something on return. Like more plus frames to gg that on cornwr it jails to s1 or something. It was about the dmg and counter zoning but after the nerfs pu isn't rly going to do anything that the other two. Imo

Osagri

After quite bit of labbing jax's new optimal combos after the patch i thought if i could find hes max dmg combo with one bar in corner. It was pretty hard but finally I got 50% combo :) will post video later today when i get home

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
After quite bit of labbing jax's new optimal combos after the patch i thought if i could find hes max dmg combo with one bar in corner. It was pretty hard but finally I got 50% combo :) will post video later today when i get home
DO WANT PLS

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
There was no reason to play PU a since the first otg nerf.

It still functions well in certain matchups where the opponent can be difficult to pin in the corner and likes to jump a lot, i.e. Shirai Ryu Takeda.

Anti-Airing with energy wave still nets a guaranteed 12.75% OTG, and restands are still a thing.

That said, it has been rendered into a pure utility variation, and not one that should be mained.

Osagri

W
It still functions well in certain matchups where the opponent can be difficult to pin in the corner and likes to jump a lot, i.e. Shirai Ryu Takeda.

Anti-Airing with energy wave still nets a guaranteed 12.75% OTG, and restands are still a thing.

That said, it has been rendered into a pure utility variation, and not one that should be mained.
What do u consider to be these MU's?
SZ is the one where I use it, though I prefer to use wrestler

Last edited:

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
W
What do u consider to be these MU's?
SZ is the one where I use it, though I prefer to use wrestler
Takeda, Grandmaster Sub, and Mileena immediately come to mind. I'm thinking he has utility against zoners like Kitana and Kenshi as well, and I am also on the fence about Kano, but to be honest I haven't fleshed everything out to its full extent yet with regard to Wrestler and don't want to jump to conclusions.

I like using Pumped Up against Heavy Weapons, but that may be more of a stylistic thing than a practical one. I just fucking love low profiling his rockets with Ground Pound.

All that said, Wrestler is the superior variation for the vast majority of matchups Jax will face.

I have almost no experience playing Heavy Weapons, but are there any matchups that you (or anyone else for that matter) sees that variation being favorable in over Wrestler and Pumped Up? I feel like between the two, there is no matchup uncovered that isn't intrinsically bad for Jax regardless of variation, although it could just be lack of experience clouding my judgement.

Osagri

Takeda, Grandmaster Sub, and Mileena immediately come to mind. I'm thinking he has utility against zoners like Kitana and Kenshi as well, and I am also on the fence about Kano, but to be honest I haven't fleshed everything out to its full extent yet with regard to Wrestler and don't want to jump to conclusions.

I like using Pumped Up against Heavy Weapons, but that may be more of a stylistic thing than a practical one. I just fucking love low profiling his rockets with Ground Pound.

All that said, Wrestler is the superior variation for the vast majority of matchups Jax will face.

I have almost no experience playing Heavy Weapons, but are there any matchups that you (or anyone else for that matter) sees that variation being favorable in over Wrestler and Pumped Up? I feel like between the two, there is no matchup uncovered that isn't intrinsically bad for Jax regardless of variation, although it could just be lack of experience clouding my judgement.
Imo it's just what u want. I mean playstyle wise. If u like tick throws u go for wrestler. If u like easy hitconfirming and meter building, u go for hw. It's just my opinion, both have amazing pressure, launching ub,safe gg and so on.if wrestler doesn't work for me in some cases( not MU wise but player wise) I switch to hw.

Osagri

Unless you can pull out his throw %90 of the time, I don't find Wrestler to bring anything to the table above HW. Wrestler straight loses to Kotal's sun god, since you asked about MU's--rockets are nice here.

I'd guess PU still holds up better to teleport reacts.
Interesting. How does wrestler lose to Sun god?

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Unless you can pull out his throw %90 of the time, I don't find Wrestler to bring anything to the table above HW. Wrestler straight loses to Kotal's sun god, since you asked about MU's--rockets are nice here.

I'd guess PU still holds up better to teleport reacts.
You know that every variation of jax can just Bazooka knee all of the tick throws right?