What's new

Jax and Kitana revealed in MK11

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Why would there be a sign for any of these guys? Not following - at this point I think its pretty safe to say that none of them are in this game.
Well, it's a bit of a mystery where some of them ran off to. Like, Smoke could sit this game out completely since Liu and Kitana have plenty of disposable revenants already. But Reptile, Ermac? Kotal Kahn needs a crew, at least for story purposes. We "need" an explanation for why they're off the roster. Like either he sends them on a mission somewhere, or Kronika kills them all, or something.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Looks like old Jax is absolutely working for Kronika in the scene where young Jax confronts him.
I thought so at first too... but then he's also seen again in the trailer with past scorpion, past raiden, and current sub zero... so... I'm unsure as to his allegiance

Edit: That said, I just watched it for the first time (and like 5 more times lol) and Jax looks freaking AMAZING. They're really nailing it with the designs this game. (well, for the most part, poor sub)

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Okay, so I found the rumor.

It got the Jax thing right, and maybe the Kotal Kahn and Jade being in a relationship thing, but the rest seems false.

Example: It implies that Shang Tsung is in the base game, Noob Saibot's gameplay would have him with the clone out always, and a bunch of other stuff.

EDIT: It also says there is 6 DLC characters, but then names 9. Shang Tsung also isn't included in the line-up.
Another thing the leak gets right is
Cyrax and Sektor helping Kano. We can see two Cyborgs helping Kano out in the beginning of the trailer. They look like generic bots, but remember MKX's launch trailer where they show Light Raiden saying "There are fates worse than death" when it was actually Dark who says it. They might just be swapping colors out to protect spoilers.

Reactions: Zev

mwharp

Noob
Okay, so I found the rumor.

It got the Jax thing right, and maybe the Kotal Kahn and Jade being in a relationship thing, but the rest seems false.

Example: It implies that Shang Tsung is in the base game, Noob Saibot's gameplay would have him with the clone out always, and a bunch of other stuff.

EDIT: It also says there is 6 DLC characters, but then names 9. Shang Tsung also isn't included in the line-up.
He may have gotten the Kano thing right, for 1 frame, both Kano’s are seen in the black dragon fight club where Cassie is killing the members, also the cyber Lin Kuei have Sonya, they may have taken her to Kano to fight in his fight cage. All the story bits seem true, but all the rest is fabricated

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Why would there be a sign for any of these guys? Not following - at this point I think its pretty safe to say that none of them are in this game.
Won't lie at first I thought you were kidding, because you'd know why if you've followed MK 9 and MK X....they were all in the story playing quite important parts at various times. It could be(I'm hoping) that NRS is just not wanting to show them off and keep some mystery but they were in the story regardless of timeline, to just ignore them would be kind of ridiculous.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I thought so at first too... but then he's also seen again in the trailer with past scorpion, past raiden, and current sub zero... so... I'm unsure as to his allegiance
It seems like Jax feels really guilty about the shit he pulled as a Revenant, and wants to change time so that he doesn't have to live with the terrible things he did. Kronika obviously lies to him and convinces him that if he helps her, everything will work out great.

By the end of the story it's obvious that that's all a crock of shit and Kronika has no intention of helping anyone other than herself, so Jax understands that he was misguided, and goes back to helping the good guys.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
Won't lie at first I thought you were kidding, because you'd know why if you've followed MK 9 and MK X....they were all in the story playing quite important parts at various times. It could be(I'm hoping) that NRS is just not wanting to show them off and keep some mystery but they were in the story regardless of timeline, to just ignore them would be kind of ridiculous.
We know what the roster is for this game and we know there aren't non-playable character fights. I understand these characters and what they did in MK9/10, but given what we know, there's absolutely no reason to expect them in the game at all let alone to be a part of the story trailer.

I don't see why they would keep mystery about jobbers like Ermac or Reptile. I think its more than likely that they get a one line oh they aren't here for some reason, I don't know.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I think that might be Past Sub-Zero... looks younger to me:

[snip]
I think this is just a consequence of redesigning him to look more Chinese than American (they're always flipflopping on this!). Pretty sure that's our Grandmaster Kuai Liang.

Well, it's a bit of a mystery where some of them ran off to. Like, Smoke could sit this game out completely since Liu and Kitana have plenty of disposable revenants already. But Reptile, Ermac? Kotal Kahn needs a crew, at least for story purposes. We "need" an explanation for why they're off the roster. Like either he sends them on a mission somewhere, or Kronika kills them all, or something.
I can't say for certain on Reptile, but I'm willing to bet Ermac is off-screened to resurrect Shang Tsung in the same manner done in Ermac's MKX ending.

I have a feeling Jax was recruited by Kronika, with his payment being a return to his human self. Why else is he the only one not a revenant anymore?
I get the feeling you don't remember MKX's plot too well. Jax was resurrected alongside Subby and Scorpion due to a freak accident involving Raiden and Quan Chi's magics intermixing during one of the flashback sequences. Jacqui was born and raised after this happened.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
But by the time he was chosen as the Elder Gods' champion, he had already completed his MKX arc of getting vengeance on Quan Chi and being redeemed, right?

You're right that he wasn't evil, just vengeful. Just like the new Jax isn't evil either, I'm sure, just misguided. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out no doubt.
Correcto. But in the old story, he technically never got his all the way vengeance like in MKX; he chased Quan Chi out of the Netherrealm right into the events of Deadly Alliance, got lured into the trap with Moloch and Drahmin and thrown into the Outworld Soulnado, and the Elder Gods scooped him up and anoited him as their guy.

And now Jax is going to get a reboot as a time traveling face puncher? Hell yes. In spite of his big beefy brutish power, I've always seen him as the Ermac/Reptile of the good guys; always around, never gets to do anything useful besides getting maimed or murdered.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Another thing the leak gets right is
Cyrax and Sektor helping Kano. We can see two Cyborgs helping Kano out in the beginning of the trailer. They look like generic bots, but remember MKX's launch trailer where they show Light Raiden saying "There are fates worse than death" when it was actually Dark who says it. They might just be swapping colors out to protect spoilers.
I think Sektor's chances to be the 25th unannounced character or a future DLC are increasing.

They look so good. I love Kitana. And Jax looks really cool.

Holy shit, I can't wait for the showdown between the Cages and the Briggs.