What's new

Jax and Kitana revealed in MK11

Netherkast pointed out two Light Raidens on the Nethership at the end of the recent trailer. From the same trailer, there's a green soulnado in Goro's Lair, and zombie monks attacking Jax in Shang's Courtyard - the same monks that got destroyed by green magic in the story trailer.

There's no way this is all a coincidence, right? Shang Tsung's gotta be a part of the plot.

Last edited:

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
YOOOOOOOOOO WHY ARE THERE TWO RAIDENS IN THE LAST PART OF THE TRAILER? WE SHANG TSUNG BOYS?

+Green soulnao in Goro's Lair from same trailer

+Green energy destroying monks in story trailer

All on Shang stages. There's no way this is all a coincidence, right?
1. There are two Raidens in the plot, the "Dark" Raiden from the current timeline that's gotten tired of everybody giving him shit and the classic blue n' white Raiden from the past. That's kind of the theme of the trailer, y'know?

2. They aren't both in that scene though, as far as I can tell. Where are you seeing a second Raiden?

[
1. There are two Raidens in the plot, the "Dark" Raiden from the current timeline that's gotten tired of everybody giving him shit and the classic blue n' white Raiden from the past. That's kind of the theme of the trailer, y'know?

2. They aren't both in that scene though, as far as I can tell. Where are you seeing a second Raiden?
My post was super unclear so I edited it. Both Raidens are Light Raidens. The second appears for a split second above Liu Kang after first Raiden gets hit, right before the trailer cuts to "You're Next." It could be an editing trick and/or Raiden teleporting, but Liu's positioning and expression makes it seem like he's still facing a Raiden, so the one behind him is someone else.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Netherkast pointed out two Light Raidens on the Nethership at the end of the recent trailer. From the same trailer, there's a green soulnado in Goro's Lair, and zombie monks attacking Jax in Shang's Courtyard, the same monks that got destroyed by green magic in the story trailer.

There's no way this is all a coincidence, right? Shang Tsung's gotta be a part of the plot.
I don't think it's two Raiden's in Nethership scene. I think it's more likely that the Raiden that's standing on the side of the ship, is just later after perhaps a fight with Liu Kang, or maybe he teleported away and Liu Kang may be initiating a fight with Scorpion, Sub-Zero, or Jax. Maybe it is Shang Tsung (As it is 'Light' Raiden, or Good Raiden in both shots.) But, idk if i'd assume that just it's Shang just yet. I do think Shang will show up because there are just too many hints to his inclusion in story, but they're cleverly editing the scenes. Simply watching it I thought that Liu Kang showed up, hit Raiden with the flying kick, and then once Raiden stood it showed Liu going in for another attack to Raiden, but looking closer Raiden is behind him. But that was just clever editing. It'd be sick to have Shang VS. Liu Kang, but there were 3 other people that we know of on the ship that Liu could be attacking.

Yeah it could also just be that Liu is preparing to turn around and attack simultaneously because he knows Raiden teleported behind him. But damn, it's another possibility in a long line of them - all of which take place on Shang's Island stages.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
[
My post was super unclear so I edited it. Both Raidens are Light Raidens. The second appears for a split second above Liu Kang after first Raiden gets hit, right before the trailer cuts to "You're Next." It could be an editing trick and/or Raiden teleporting, but Liu's positioning and expression makes it seem like he's still facing a Raiden, so the one behind him is someone else.
I'm thinking that the scenes in the trailer are out of order with the shot of Raiden behind Liu coming just before he teleports in to stop him from attacking the others.

It's the same deal with the scene with Old Man Johnny slapping Young Johnny after he pulls out his sunglasses and puts them on.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
No offense, but it sounds like you're being nitpicky and jumping to conclusions.

All she said is "this is seriously messed up ", probably in reference to Old Jax siding with Kronika.

Which makes sense.
It is nitpicking obviously, but I wouldn't say I'm jumping to conclusions. She still has the chance to be a better character, I'm just saying that the phrase itself and tone used were exactly what her old self would have said, which is worrying.

Regarding what she said in particular: it does what it's supposed to do, and it makes sense as you said, but there isn't much personality behind it besides "I'm tough!" and to me it comes out as trying a little too hard.

It is just 1 phrase though, so again it's nothing set in stone.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Anyone who prioritizes how women look over gameplay and story should instantly be ignored. I would say tho, that the IQ of a rock would be a bit too high for someone like that.
I wanna agree with you, but when Skarlet had short black hair it triggered me so hard!

Now she's perfect though. My perfect psycho blood waifu.

It is nitpicking obviously, but I wouldn't say I'm jumping to conclusions. She still has the chance to be a better character, I'm just saying that the phrase itself and tone used were exactly what her old self would have said, which is worrying.

Regarding what she said in particular: it does what it's supposed to do, and it makes sense as you said, but there isn't much personality behind it besides "I'm tough!" and to me it comes out as trying a little too hard.

It is just 1 phrase though, so again it's nothing set in stone.
She literally said 5 words. "This is seriously messed up" in response to her dad joining Kronika.

How is that trying too hard? Like whut even? Your post is what's ridiculous.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
It's the same deal with the scene with Old Man Johnny slapping Young Johnny after he pulls out his sunglasses and puts them on.
If that's true, good on you for figuring it out, and whoever came up with that is an editing god. Because they basically invented the most (past) Johnny scene imaginable out of pasted together actual clips.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Hey, Raiden gave up Elder Godhood to avenge Liu Kang's death in Deadly Alliance in defiance of his impassive peers... I'm sure he'd do the same here... y'know... if he didn't kill Liu Kang himself...

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I think it's supposed to be another timeline (perhaps pre-Armageddon). Look:

On the left: Kano from the current timeline's past. That's how he looks during the "MK3" segment of the story, Shao Kahn's invasion.

On the right: Bald Kano from MK3. The look is spot on.
It’s just different design

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I wanna apologize for what I said earlier... (not to Khaotix, iriscycle, yzeebaby, pure.wasted and mikerasol or whatever they are called of course, they are on my ignore list and they are toxic)

But to all others I want to apologize for my behavior about Kitana.

I'm in pain most of the time, and it affects my moods a lot, Kitana is growing on me already a bit, and I should wait with being so harsh on her model till we see more.

My whining about Story-Mode trailer still stands though, I hate that music, god.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I wanna apologize for what I said earlier...
Your beef with the aforementioned users is obviously between you and them and I won't get into that.

However, you have my respect, for what it's worth. Owning up to one's own negative behavior takes courage, and I applaud you for that. Personally, I don't find a lot of what you say objectionable...it's just your opinion, and your right to voice it. I don't have to agree with it 100%. However, I can see where some might form the opinion that you dislike MK given that your criticism of the current game seemingly outweighs any praise you have for it. To be clear, I think criticism is fine, so long as it's constructive and perhaps not mentioned all the time. ;)

Still, I value your thoughts on MK, and I sincerely believe you're a devoted fan that's just not feeling the aesthetics and character choices of MK 11. For that, I don't think you need to apologize. Coming across as consistently negative in your tone, perhaps yes an apology is warranted, but not for your opinions. :)

And yes, pain is most certainly a bitch to deal with, and chronic pain even more so. I completely understand that it can darken an individual's perception and interactions with others. Personally, I have to continually fight back against major depression and anxiety issues (pain under a different name), so I feel you, I really do.

I honestly hope your surgery goes well and without complications, and I look forward to having you back here once you recover. Because, again, I do like reading your posts and getting to know more about what my fellow MK fans like and don't like about the series. :)

Good luck, and I hope when some of the pain is removed from your life, your outlook will become more positive, even if your opinions remain largely unchanged.

I mean, typically women who are that thin/fit don't have big breasts as it's mostly fat tissue. Games usually exaggerate it, but it seems NRS went with a more realistic look for all of them this time around. Though I hope Mileena is the one with the gigantic boobs, that would fit her perfectly.
Realistically some would probably have smaller breasts and some would have huge boobs

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I wanna apologize for what I said earlier... (not to Khaotix, iriscycle, yzeebaby, pure.wasted and mikerasol or whatever they are called of course, they are on my ignore list and they are toxic)

But to all others I want to apologize for my behavior about Kitana.

I'm in pain most of the time, and it affects my moods a lot, Kitana is growing on me already a bit, and I should wait with being so harsh on her model till we see more.

My whining about Story-Mode trailer still stands though, I hate that music, god.
Lol this is so lame

Stay off the forums then if you’re in “so much pain”. Using that as a scapegoat to be a bitch is not an excuse at all lol.