What's new

Jax and Kitana revealed in MK11

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Although you're definitely right that MK11 Kano looks more like MK3 Kano, I wouldn't take that as confirmation that they're coming from the original timeline. Because Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Johnny, Jax, and most of all Jade look drastically different from how they did in the original games (and MK9 and MKX for that matter).

Character designs always fluctuate even when showing flashbacks or time travel.

Unfortunately I think we're still clueless about the timelines involved.
Yeah. And since it looks like there's different summonings, and Kronika talked about "all eras"; I think the characters are coming from different timelines and not just a linear past-present-future.

i been thining the raiden quote in injustice with other raiden

raiden: my timeline liu and kitana rule neatherealm
raiden: my timeline liu and kitana rule ediena

it could be possible that the past timelines came from that timeline

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Uhm

First of all, where where you when the debate about Jade being "too white" was hot?

Second of all, some people like Kitana more as Latina, not as white woman.

Third of all, white people, black people and hispanic people can STILL use Japanese weapons, have Japanese armor and clothes and wear Asian jewelry.

My mother is a black woman, my father is a white guy, I'm of half color, and I have some Asian styled clothes and items in my house as well.
I was there for that, and I'll say the same thing I said then: if it sincerely bothers you that a character is now not white, you're probably a douche. If a charcter wasn't white but was turned white, that's probably not cool.

Yeah, everyone appropriates East Asian culture, but how about for once they just get some representation? Who's it hurting besides the Chuds?

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I was there for that, and I'll say the same thing I said then: if it sincerely bothers you that a character is now not white, you're probably a douche. If a charcter wasn't white but was turned white, that's probably not cool.
Ok, I see how you work, and I don't like it. Bye.

Cassie Cyrus

He's a huge Jax fan, and he doesn't like me because I don't really like Jax after MK3.

He's a grumpy bore, nothing more.

Cassie Cyrus

Love? I have never loved him, he was such a pathetic forum-member, what reason was there to love him?

xxx Sindel, Mortal Kombat Annihillation.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Like where the fuck did the Tekunin come from? We've never seen any attacking the base. And why does Johnny not seem to be too worried about them? Does he not realize they're standing behind him?
Short summary:
The Tekunin (AKA The Cyber Initiative) were a group of cyberneticninjas originally formed by Sektor himself.
The clan was reestablished in Mortal Kombat X by new and current leader Triborg.

Place of origin: Earthrealm
Leader: Sektor
Triborg (current timeline).

Goals of the Tekunin:
Take over Earthrealm
Find out the purpose behind Taven and Daegon's quest. (Original Timeline)
Eradicate all life and transform anyone into cybernetic ninjas (Current Timeline).

More info here:
https://mortalkombat.fandom.com/wiki/Tekunin

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Old Jax looks great - I have to admit it, I feel like NRS will give him justice with this story and he won't become the bland, generic SF random soldier. Young Jax totally doesn't convince me design-wise. I think his arms look stupid and his design is boring. NRS should stick with old Jax only IMHO, and bringing his young self it's unnecessary, because, as someone said before, he actually wasn't that significant in the story before MKX.

Trailer itself is a bit anti-climatic for me. The overall feeling is that it seems too... light? funny? Can't find appropriate english expression, sorry. MK should be darker... and should make the impression that it's really universe's existence what the fight is for.

I really like how Liu Kang looks though. Both in young and revenant version. Kung Lao on the other hand looks like a beta version of himself. Even in terms of animation, his costume, facial mimic and of course topping it off with this stupid shit on his head that is suppose to be the hat-holder or something.
I like how Geras is presented. Didn't give a single fcuk, that his head was cut off literally 5 seconds ago. He is standing there and dealing with two Shaolin monks at the same time without even sweating!

And yea... I'm lacking the original bad guys here. Waiting for the trailer now as it was for Injustice2 'good to be bad' (or something similiar), when they let villains shine.

Hype level right now - 6/10, hopefully it will raise soon!
IMO the tone is perfect - the story will definitely be a nonsensical time travel plot, which is totally ok. They're leaning into how ridiculous time travel can be and having fun with it, way better than taking it too seriously with something that inherently won't make sense.

Can I say something bad about this trailer? Jaqui's bit, while small, gave me huge MKX flashbacks.

She tried way too hard and I'm starting to have doubts on her character improvement.
No offense, but it sounds like you're being nitpicky and jumping to conclusions.

All she said is "this is seriously messed up ", probably in reference to Old Jax siding with Kronika.

Which makes sense.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Why are y'all dragging Injustice??? SHE'S A BOP. Maybe it's cause I'm a big DC fan, but I've read all the Injustice comics twice. What we're not gonna do is come for her.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
I’m out of the loop. Are we absolutely certain that Shao Kahn is part of the 25-character base?
100% certainty? No.

But if you belong to the church of every-playable-character-in-the-game-was-in-that-leaked-screenshot-we're-not-getting-more-so-stop-getting-yourself-so-excited-about-characters-that-aren't-in (I'm the High Priest), it seems like he is.